RSD BBC Sessions release

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
BigPhil
Amphetamine Filth

Jeez....homemade 'promo's' from the usual suspect. He must've run out of the black vinyl effect cd's :roll:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Sisters- ... 4010948503
taylor
Slight Overbomber

yes total fake promos, the real problem are peoples that bought them
Pista
Cureboi

BigPhil wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 06:02
Jeez....homemade 'promo's' from the usual suspect. He must've run out of the black vinyl effect cd's :roll:

This is why he was banned from HL.
WTF is a CD acetate?
Reported for a few different reasons. Counterfeit media, copyright, fraudulent listing.
;)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

BigPhil wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 06:02

... "just minimal shelf-wear" ... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...
Pista
Cureboi

Being645 wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 16:41

Yeah. That's a clincher right? :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 17:14
Being645 wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 16:41

Yeah. That's a clincher right? :lol:
Yeah, I guess it's the hard drive with the WAVs he downloaded a few years ago that has gathered a little dust ...
and who would have thought of that given the fact that Australian bootleggers did not waste much time afterwards ...
BigPhil
Amphetamine Filth

The f**ker's doing a March Violets one now
Moderate Mick
Road Kill

The mislabelled Kid Jenson tracks on iTunes don’t look like they will be corrected.
Doesn’t bode well for the LP release.
mh
Above the Chemist

I'd sooner have the tracks out there, even if mislabelled, to be honest. It's true that the neglectful mismanagement of the Sisters back catalog has been shocking, but the other side of the coin is that if one gets Von involved to do it properly, it will likely never happen.

Obvious best case is quality releases on-schedule, and that's what we all want. But when forced to choose between two less-favourable extremes, I'd say go for the one that gets the tracks out.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Moderate Mick
Road Kill

Obviously that’s the preferred scenario.
I’m hoping this is released on CD as I don’t have a turntable.
Of course if they don’t correct the mislabelled tracks it takes me no further forward...
mh wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 13:55
I'd sooner have the tracks out there, even if mislabelled, to be honest. It's true that the neglectful mismanagement of the Sisters back catalog has been shocking, but the other side of the coin is that if one gets Von involved to do it properly, it will likely never happen.

Obvious best case is quality releases on-schedule, and that's what we all want. But when forced to choose between two less-favourable extremes, I'd say go for the one that gets the tracks out.
Pista
Cureboi

It isn't that hard to rename the mislabelled tracks surely?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
copper
Amphetamine Filth

Took a look at EastWest's website once. Not a single Sisters mention, in the label history, former artist roster, nowhere.

Von really, royally pissed people off there, to make them disown him entirely. Warner has treated the back catalogue as the red-headed stepchild since.

Ironic, considering the labour pains that went into the record deal in the 80's.
Swinnow
Overbomber

To be honest, whilst The Girls have an importance to we few, I doubt anyone of any significance at EastWest ever gives them a passing thought as they had hundreds of bigger acts pass through their business.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Moderate Mick
Road Kill

Pista wrote:
10 May 2021, 19:02
It isn't that hard to rename the mislabelled tracks surely?
Well I’ve downloaded the mislabelled tracks and re-named them.
I now have a new twelve track sessions playlist.
It remains to be seen if when I next sinc my iPhone with iTunes if it stays that way or “reverts”.
Time will tell.