Sisters spotting

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
alanm
Road Kill

I second the "add a bassist" theme.

Ain't gonna happen though. Those bass sounds (and the Doktors percussion sounds) are the result of thousands of hours of Eldritch twiddling the knobs until they now sound exactly precisely how he wants them. They're like his effing offspring. You gonna ask a guy to kill his babies? No.
the sound that fills the big black cars
is ours, the drum machines and fast guitars
Todashi
Amphetamine Filth

Would it not be as simple as just pulling down a slider? Surely the drum tracks and bass tracks are mixed live separately?
Swinnow
Overbomber

Live bass would add so much. I recall when Rich Vernon took up 4 string duties for t'Mish (before the return of the Craig), instantly they were groovier again.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
czuczu
Overbomber

Todashi wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 16:28
Would it not be as simple as just pulling down a slider? Surely the drum tracks and bass tracks are mixed live separately?
You think anything is mixed live?

It is more obvious now that so much of what I originally thought was real bass on the albums was actually sequenced.
@stuczu
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

czuczu wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 17:03
Todashi wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 16:28
You think anything is mixed live?

It is more obvious now that so much of what I originally thought was real bass on the albums was actually sequenced.
Well, not mixed, but each track is separated on their DAW.
Based on the latest pics I saw from the Dok, It seems the first Macbook is the main mid output for Drums in general (While 80% of the songs uses the same presets for drums, some songs have their own VSTs/effects, like Rain from Heaven for instance);
The second Macbook seems to be handling Bass + Strings + Midi Input for Ravey's keyboard (which it seems he's now playing some chords every now and then?)

Everything is sequenced and "mixed" in the sense that the balance between tracks (how loud should be the bass when compared to strings/drums on this given track) that's true, on the other hand, if by a miracle Von decides to hire Chris back as a Bassist, all they would have to do is select "mute track" on the BASS midi track and call it a day.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Todashi
Amphetamine Filth

That's what I would have presumed - they'd be able to pull a slider down to mute the programmed bass tracks, or as Husek said above, just click the mute box.
Bonksi
Amphetamine Filth

I vote for Chris to come back as a bassist as well. That would be cool as f**k, and would add a lot more to the live experience and as thats what they do now they should capitalise on it
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i'd love to see a live bass but realistically youre talking about wages for a fifth band member purely so they have no excuse to butcher Lucretia anymore. (and Tony James still managed to make a pigs ear of it back in the day -check the reading recording!) most songs dont need a real bass (in vons opinion obviously) and those that do Ben picks up.

SISTERS FOREVER, FOREVER SISTERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrT-0Nq2Ky8
:bat:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I guess, for reasons given by Husek, it' s not gonna happen; money is another one. It would cause too much problem with adjusting the tones of bass and his vox, somehow they've managed to do this right just to destroy it by adding live bass for the whole show.
But yes, it would be great for live expirience.