Who is singing this version of 'On The Beach'??

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
FinnMacCool
Amphetamine Filth

...And no, it's not :von: !

Being645
Above the Chemist

Yeah, and it works somehow, but it would sound far more distinctive and Sisters, if it had been Von.
FinnMacCool
Amphetamine Filth

Same still unidentified not-Von vocalist also prominent on this version of 'When I'm On Fire': looks like Andy got some significant vocal assistance at this gig - did he have a bad throat or something?
Being645
Above the Chemist

In one video, there was a moment when he sounded to me like having caught a cold ...perhaps a short aftermath of airplane ventilation ...
In that case, someone is hopefully looking for a good load of milk and honey to Von ... Anyway, we''ll hear it tonight ... :wink: ...
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

High voice: ben
Low voice: dylan
Quiet growl: Von

I know I'm whetter when it rains - all three
And when i stand and raise my hand - all three
and i know - von
Pretty sure that's the only line in this recording that Von exclusively sings. Ben even joins in the second time.

Listen to, and watch, the giving ground performance from the same gig.
Von looks visibly shocked when Ben whispers "and in the place..." at the start (like Von usually does). He sort of whips his head to stage right, where ben is.
After which, he fails to sing the first few lines. Make of this what you will. Haha
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
FinnMacCool
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: 13 May 2023, 11:49 In one video, there was a moment when he sounded to me like having caught a cold ...perhaps a short aftermath of airplane ventilation ...
In that case, someone is hopefully looking for a good load of milk and honey to Von ... Anyway, we''ll hear it tonight ... :wink: ...
Hopefully so !
FinnMacCool
Amphetamine Filth

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 13 May 2023, 13:50 High voice: ben
Low voice: dylan
Quiet growl: Von

I know I'm whetter when it rains - all three
And when i stand and raise my hand - all three
and i know - von
Pretty sure that's the only line in this recording that Von exclusively sings. Ben even joins in the second time.

Listen to, and watch, the giving ground performance from the same gig.
Von looks visibly shocked when Ben whispers "and in the place..." at the start (like Von usually does). He sort of whips his head to stage right, where ben is.
After which, he fails to sing the first few lines. Make of this what you will. Haha
Thanks amigo - I knew I wasn't going crazy :)
Esoterica
Road Kill

You tend to see this in recent concert footage. Ben fills in a lot when there’s a lull, whether or not backing vocals have been prerecorded.
Damaged+Done
Road Kill

I'm currently watching the Death Disco show in Greece and you can see/hear when the guys chip in. it is a lot more subtle than on a lot of the US shows but is there an element of sound mixing depending on location? Not trying to explain it but genuinely curious