Official t shirts 81-85

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
User avatar
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1178
Joined: 01 Sep 2006, 01:22
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

GlosGoth wrote:Germany 2004
2005? :?
User avatar
nitestorm
Road Kill
Posts: 53
Joined: 10 Nov 2006, 23:39
Location: A small tower, in Lancashire

still have, turn on, bought NEW in 1997, it was offical too, i knew the guy in the shop well, he showed me the invoice from the reptile house, it was a choice of that or the roadkil. then all the tours that they played in the uk from 1997 to present, distance over time ripped, faded and now mounted in a long clip frame to show the date thingy on the back( never did find out where 'strand' was)
Not as good as Motorhead, but better than The Birthday Party, which makes us pretty damn good.
User avatar
Carpathian Psychonaut
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 902
Joined: 21 Aug 2004, 19:18
Location: Faaaar beyond the black horizon (Gateshead)

I used to have the head/star 1984 Merciful Release one. Loved the thing and it got some bloody wear !

I know it got well tatty and faded but really can't think I'd ever have thrown it out (obviously!) - can't find it though which annoys me somewhat.

Currently thinking of buying a couple again.....
.
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
.
User avatar
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1806
Joined: 05 May 2002, 01:00
Location: Glasgow

GlosGoth wrote:the tune in turn on burn out was still avaliable in the mid eighties, got mine in a record shop in Birmingham.
any value in old shirts?
got a few of the reptile house shirts from the early nineties and tours from then: NEC 92, Overbombing, Roadkill 96, Event Horizon 98, Trip the Light Fantastic 2000, Euphoria 2001, Germany 2004 etc
would what they worth?
I'm interested in Roadkill if it's size M or L and not too tatty. I have a couple spare in various size and condition. I'll try and get my finger out and post a list of possible trades and wishes soon.
User avatar
lachert
Overbomber
Posts: 3142
Joined: 30 Jul 2002, 01:00
Location: is it a womb or is it a tomb?

GlosGoth wrote:the tune in turn on burn out was still avaliable in the mid eighties, got mine in a record shop in Birmingham.
any value in old shirts?
got a few of the reptile house shirts from the early nineties and tours from then: NEC 92, Overbombing, Roadkill 96, Event Horizon 98, Trip the Light Fantastic 2000, Euphoria 2001, Germany 2004 etc
would what they worth?
i'm interesting in euphoria 2001 :eek: which one is this? i remember there was some orange/ white or i'm wrong? :?
long live rock'n'roll
User avatar
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1209
Joined: 11 May 2003, 19:15
Location: At the end of the pier

EXXILE ON EUPHORIA on front

TOUR DATES ON BACK

New logo on sleeve

orange on black or/and
orange on white
User avatar
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 589
Joined: 04 May 2003, 23:04
Location: Sedan

Quiff Boy wrote:strangely, i never that early MR one :?
Has anyone ever seen or had one of the very earliest head and star logo shirts as worn by Alan Vega?

I would be happy to see a very good photo of the logo.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 15058
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

bismarck wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:strangely, i never that early MR one :?
Has anyone ever seen or had one of the very earliest head and star logo shirts as worn by Alan Vega?

I would be happy to see a very good photo of the logo.
Pretty sure they had them back in the store recently, but they seem to have vanished now
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
User avatar
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 589
Joined: 04 May 2003, 23:04
Location: Sedan

Thank you.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
User avatar
robertzombie
Overbomber
Posts: 4346
Joined: 05 Sep 2005, 12:49
Location: London

You can still get it in Camden market :)
User avatar
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 589
Joined: 04 May 2003, 23:04
Location: Sedan

robertzombie wrote:You can still get it in Camden market :)
Thanks :eek:
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Original GS
Road Kill
Posts: 26
Joined: 29 Aug 2007, 14:40
Location: Northern England

I've got an original MR head/star from 83 or 84.

Usually worn with the sleeves ragged off, over a second, white t-shirt
Thanks to Pontiac Detroit and the citizens of Wakefield
User avatar
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 159
Joined: 01 Oct 2003, 19:09
Location: Catalonia

mh wrote:Sisters - Tune In Turn On Burn Out

Always assumed that one was official.
It was official, I bought mine in 1985 at a gig.

There were 2 versions I think. One had the MR head and star, the earlier ones didn't. I think, it's a long time go now...

Edit: Christ, why am I replying to threads that are more than a decade old and to which I replied more than a decade ago!
abridged
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1271
Joined: 08 Sep 2008, 10:27
Location: Derry

Did anybody ever do a picture list of all the official shirts. It would be a pretty massive venture I know!
The Chancer Corporation
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 15058
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

abridged wrote:Did anybody ever do a picture list of all the official shirts. It would be a pretty massive venture I know!
ribbons69 has a load posted.
Not just 81-85 though, but a good place to start.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
abridged
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1271
Joined: 08 Sep 2008, 10:27
Location: Derry

Pista wrote:
abridged wrote:Did anybody ever do a picture list of all the official shirts. It would be a pretty massive venture I know!
ribbons69 has a load posted.
Not just 81-85 though, but a good place to start.
Ta. Ah of course! I'd forgotten. A great collection. I have only about 20 including a few bootlegs. I suppose my rarest one is the Andy Warhol one that nobody ever recognises as a Sisters one let along an official one! :wink:
The Chancer Corporation
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker
Posts: 4554
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 01:00

Barracuda wrote:
mh wrote:Sisters - Tune In Turn On Burn Out

Always assumed that one was official.
It was official, I bought mine in 1985 at a gig.

There were 2 versions I think. One had the MR head and star, the earlier ones didn't. I think, it's a long time go now...

Edit: Christ, why am I replying to threads that are more than a decade old and to which I replied more than a decade ago!
One version had "sisters" and the other had the MR head
post edited to ensure GDPR compliance
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker
Posts: 4554
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 01:00

Also a shirt with back print
post edited to ensure GDPR compliance
User avatar
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 589
Joined: 04 May 2003, 23:04
Location: Sedan

paint it black wrote:with back print
This is the one with tie-dye effect, right? And "Sisters" on the back. Or is there also another one?
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 15058
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Bit necro-y so I apologise. But just saw this on the twitters


Image
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker
Posts: 4554
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 01:00

Do you see the bootleggers very big mistake? Obvs not font etc... Bigger
post edited to ensure GDPR compliance
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker
Posts: 4554
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 01:00

bismarck wrote:
paint it black wrote:with back print
This is the one with tie-dye effect, right? And "Sisters" on the back. Or is there also another one?
It was black and more black with tune in etc..on the back
post edited to ensure GDPR compliance
User avatar
Swinnow
Overbomber
Posts: 2826
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 08:51
Location: In the Gazebo Of Badness, just outside BD3

paint it black wrote:Do you see the bootleggers very big mistake? Obvs not font etc... Bigger
They didn't use the proper fully endorsed Michael Jackson photoshoot shots?
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 15058
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker
Posts: 4554
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 01:00

Swinnow wrote:
paint it black wrote:Do you see the bootleggers very big mistake? Obvs not font etc... Bigger
They didn't use the proper fully endorsed Michael Jackson photoshoot shots?
ERm... No. Try again ;D :lol:
post edited to ensure GDPR compliance
Post Reply