Expelaires & Penetration live @ F Club 35th Anniversary

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Just been sent this, from the pens of Wolfie (RLYL & Expelaires) and John F Keenan (legendary Leeds promoter):

Expelaires, Penetration and (probably) Knife Edge

F Club 35th Anniversary - Oct 12th

I'm delighted to report that The Expelaires have confirmed as middle support and just awaiting final confirmation from Knife Edge for them to open the night.

These two acts are probably the most influential Leeds bands ever! Between them they spawned The Sisters of Mercy, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, Music For Pleasure, The m*****n, and, even though not 'Gothic' in their own right, are at the very roots of the Worldwide Goth explosion that was to follow.

-----

Awaiting details of the venue, but it's probably somewhere in West Yorkshire.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

More info: 8)

The venue is The Brudenell Social Club in Leeds.

The occasion is The 35th Anniversary of the founding of The 'F' Club.

The date is Friday 12th October 2012.

The line up is: PENETRATION / THE EXPELAIRES / KNIFE EDGE.

Tickets £10 advance from The Brudenell and online from Crash Records & Jumbo Records.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Very cool that there is a 35th Anniversary event for the F Club ... ;D :notworthy: ...

What a pleasure to anyone who is able to go ...
Debaser
Overbomber

OOOh, I've not seen Pauline for a couple of years now. Might be nice
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
radiojamaica
Overbomber

:eek: Blimey, that is something!
in dub we trust
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Without the Expelaires there would have been no Craig or Ben - sounds like a historic night - shame that they haven't used one of he old F Club venues though.
Gothique25
Road Kill

Have just heard that Dave Whitaker of The Danse Society and Music for pleasure might be playing with the expelaires. Fantastic! Has anybody else heard anything about the Explelaires line up. Is Craig Adams playing maybe?
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Without the Expelaires there would have been no Craig or Ben - sounds like a historic night - shame that they haven't used one of he old F Club venues though.
Ben?
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Gothique25 wrote:Have just heard that Dave Whitaker of The Danse Society and Music for pleasure might be playing with the expelaires. Fantastic! Has anybody else heard anything about the Explelaires line up. Is Craig Adams playing maybe?
as i understand it, wolfie offered craig the gig but he was too busy with the mish to be able to commit.

not sure if that's still the case, but unless you hear otherwise i'd assume no craig :|