Sisters spotting

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Swinnow wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 18:48 Interesting to have his influences plainly displayed. Must admit that NWOBHM style guitaring leaves me a bit cold. It's too flash, never mind the quality look at the number of notes kind of thing, lacks feel and emotion. As Phil Lynott said to me in Manchester, on the Renegade tour, sometimes the space between the beat is as important as the beat. He knew a thing or two that fella.
saying that Lizzy did more for the twin-lead sound than anyone else. after TL's entire out put post Eric Bell its the trooper & thats it for me.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Swinnow
Overbomber

I'd partially agree, certainly the John Sykes period had one foot in the 'heavy metal' camp, but by then the class A's had taken their toll on Lynott and Gorham in particular and they had taken their eyes off the ball, plus management changes had occurred. The same cannot be said of the Moore, Robbo or White versions. Midge Ure also occasionally landed on the correct harmony lead too :lol: To put Thin Lizzy in the same pot as Iron Maiden is slightly silly really imho, but we're way off topic now.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
m1ckey
Road Kill

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

"Freddy sweater" it's Dennis the Menace as any fule kno
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Bonksi
Amphetamine Filth

^^^^What he said ^^^^
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote: 29 Apr 2021, 09:15 "Freddy sweater" it's Dennis the Menace as any fule kno
it's not even as if Freddie wore a Dennis jumper and in the absence of The Beano stateside had been mistakenly attributed original ownership rights to the garment -without even checking i am going to state categorically that Freddie's jumper was red and green.

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

You know what Lee you're right.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
iesus
Overbomber

https://soundcloud.com/bfrnd
BFRND has been the composer behind every Balenciaga show since fall 2017, where he began his career in the fashion world by collaborating with Andrew Eldritch, leader of The Sisters of Mercy. Every season is a major milestone for the 28-year-old composer. ...
Anyoneknows or heard more about this? :eek: :)
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Interesting! After a bit of googling it appears that our Von worked on some music for at least one belanciaga fashion show in 2017, with BFRND.
Can't seem to find info on which season, but listening to the fall/winter show now and it's certainly got drum machines.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

huh

Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
Swinnow
Overbomber

Wot? No dry ice or backlighting? How half hearted. :lol:
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

The music might be Von on a bored day. Actually just as boring as the show the way I see it. :twisted:
And pretty expensive, Balenciaga. Did he do it to afford the clothes? Then he‘s forgiven. :lol:
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

It's Untitled I believe: https://sisterswiki.org/Untitled

But is it just me or is it a different, longer mix? Or just the released version pasted together twice?

(edit: gah, the Spotify widget is awful, replaced it with a wiki link)
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
Nonesuch
Road Kill

Yes, I was about to say the same - isn't it just Untitled from the Dominion single (possibly extended).

Not sure if that counts as Eldritch working on the music really. I did get excited for a moment though.
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

Oh, it‘s really Untitled? Only listened for a short while. And I must admit that I haven’t listened to Untitled for ages. It never convinced me.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Nonesuch wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 15:00 ......Eldritch working......
One day :lol: :lol:
iesus
Overbomber

It is Untitled looped in about 3 minutes and 5-8 seconds
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
mh
Above the Chemist

Post-punk podcast with That Guitarist.

https://post-punk.com/post-punk-podcast ... ssion/amp/ (you may need to do some jiggery-pokery with this link depending how HL auto-correct behaves)

Nothing really new here, covers much the same ground as his book, but it's engaging and entertaining all the same and a useful summary if you haven't read the book. Amusingly, Wayne brings up his status as "the guitarist who cannot be named" on "certain Sisters forums". :von:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Pista
Cureboi

mh wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 19:19 Amusingly, Wayne brings up his status as "the guitarist who cannot be named" on "certain Sisters forums". :von:
Couldn't even begin to think what he means :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Is Heartland SEO ready for 'guitarist' searches after La Huss has set up the traffic queue?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:lol:

fair play to him. that is funny :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Swinnow
Overbomber

Just listened to this on my way to and from Manchester today. He remains the most personable of the older generation of 'Sisters', he was also not the most likely to bum your fags too :lol: It sounds like Salad Daze II is underway too.
mh
Above the Chemist

Yeah, I have to say that whichever side you take post-split, Wayne is a very engaging raconteur, and probably a very good guy to go for a few pints with, at least so long as you get out before things get messy.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Back in '85/6 it was perfectly possible not to be on either side of the split, even in Leeds, and put a large element of it down to both parties needing column inches in Sounds and Melody Maker. Certain journalists were useful.idiots cultivated by both camps. Let's see what Salad Daze II and Paint My Name add to this history.
eastmidswhizzkid

i listened to it through his twiter feed. he IS a nice guy - his wife Cynthia is awesome, proper friendly. i only ever had a problem with the sisterhood affair. i was quite upset/annoyed when i read thet he thinks sisters fans blame him for the 85 split. thats not true!. whoever has poisoned his ear about us its one of his fans and/or camp. it was the m*****n trolls -of which there were many - coming here and slagging US off that made me feel like taking sides. waynes a hero . end of.