Sisters spotting

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Post Reply
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12687
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

Hey now, hey now, now
Sing This Corrosion to me!
Hey now, hey now, now
Sing This Corrosion to me!


... on repeat with the picture flickering in pitch black ...
User avatar
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1447
Joined: 10 Jul 2015, 21:55
Location: San Francisco

AE?
Image
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12687
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

Berlin Landscape With Jo, not :von: ... :lol: ...
User avatar
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1447
Joined: 10 Jul 2015, 21:55
Location: San Francisco

Being645 wrote:Berlin Landscape With Jo, not :von: ... :lol: ...
(shhh.... it's our little secret. But I couldn't help but notice at the Bowie exhibit the striking resemblance)
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12687
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:
Being645 wrote:Berlin Landscape With Jo, not :von: ... :lol: ...
(shhh.... it's our little secret. But I couldn't help but notice at the Bowie exhibit the striking resemblance)
Always liked Bowie's paintings and his art collection. Lucky you, that you could actually see it... :D ...
User avatar
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1447
Joined: 10 Jul 2015, 21:55
Location: San Francisco

Being645 wrote:
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:
Being645 wrote:Berlin Landscape With Jo, not :von: ... :lol: ...
(shhh.... it's our little secret. But I couldn't help but notice at the Bowie exhibit the striking resemblance)
Always liked Bowie's paintings and his art collection. Lucky you, that you could actually see it... :D ...
The Bowie Is exhibit was really excellent. Brooklyn was the last stop on the tour, but I suspect there will be another tour. Tickets are sold out weeks in advance.
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12687
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:
Being645 wrote:
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote: (shhh.... it's our little secret. But I couldn't help but notice at the Bowie exhibit the striking resemblance)
Always liked Bowie's paintings and his art collection. Lucky you, that you could actually see it... :D ...
The Bowie Is exhibit was really excellent. Brooklyn was the last stop on the tour, but I suspect there will be another tour. Tickets are sold out weeks in advance.
Oh well. I still hope they come to Germany one day, and not only to Berlin ... :wink: ... at least, Lazarus is currently performed in Dusseldorf. It also sold out fast on most days.
User avatar
ROBBIE
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 241
Joined: 18 May 2007, 12:33
Location: Living next door to hell

Maria Brink - In This Moment

https://twitter.com/MariaBrink/status/1 ... 9032758273

Off to see these in a couple of weeks :D
"The ghost of war, the painted whore, dial up one nine one four - it's a far parade." TSOM 2009
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14358
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Miki from Lush has been reminiscing on the twitters
Image
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
User avatar
czuczu
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1855
Joined: 24 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: UK

Miki is f**king brilliant on Twitter.

Actually, she's brilliant all round :)
@stuczu
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14358
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Billy Corgan's on the radio playing some of his favourite records.
& after stating he was an OG Goth (whatever that it) this was first out of the box
Image
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
User avatar
markfiend
goriller of form 3b
Posts: 20383
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 10:55
Location: st custards
Contact:

So I had a couple of pints with Chris last night and to cut a boring story short, I now have a key to his house to help feed his cat while he's off on tour with Gh**t. (There's a rota being set up.) :lol:

No you can't come round. ;D
advanced, forthright, signifficant
User avatar
Charlie
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1218
Joined: 27 Mar 2017, 19:12
Location: Yorkshire

markfiend wrote:So I had a couple of pints with Chris last night and to cut a boring story short, I now have a key to his house to help feed his cat while he's off on tour with Gh**t. (There's a rota being set up.) :lol:

No you can't come round. ;D
His cat looks awesome, love all his Rose instagram updates! :D
User avatar
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1447
Joined: 10 Jul 2015, 21:55
Location: San Francisco

markfiend wrote:So I had a couple of pints with Chris last night and to cut a boring story short, I now have a key to his house to help feed his cat while he's off on tour with Gh**t. (There's a rota being set up.) :lol:

No you can't come round. ;D
Maybe just a little peak at his 2019 planner? And perhaps his address book?
User avatar
mh
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 7469
Joined: 23 Jun 2003, 14:41
Location: A civilized European city

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:
markfiend wrote:So I had a couple of pints with Chris last night and to cut a boring story short, I now have a key to his house to help feed his cat while he's off on tour with Gh**t. (There's a rota being set up.) :lol:

No you can't come round. ;D
Maybe just a little peak at his 2019 planner? And perhaps his address book?
And the stash of tapes in his top drawer :wink: :innocent:
Trigonometry. It's a sin.
m1ckey
Road Kill
Posts: 6
Joined: 24 Oct 2018, 16:53

Image

From last weeks (17/10/2018) "Exorsisters" comic book.


https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/exorsisters-1
Last edited by m1ckey on 24 Oct 2018, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14358
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Hello m1ckey & welcome to myheartland :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
User avatar
iesus
Overbomber
Posts: 3386
Joined: 15 Mar 2006, 11:15
Location: x-EU

Goths play Golf too ...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
User avatar
Alexey Fyodorovich
Road Kill
Posts: 15
Joined: 22 Dec 2018, 12:48
Location: Los Angeles

8) gets a mention in Johnny Marr's autobiography, a few excerpts of which are here:
The Smiths had been lined up to play a few shows opening for The Sisters of Mercy. I knew of their music and I thought they were good. They had an admirable attitude towards their audience...

The Sisters and their crew went out of their way to make sure we were looked after, and I would occasionally spend time before we went on with their singer, Andrew Eldritch, who was very cool. If you're decent to begin with you should be hospitable to a new band, especially when they're young.
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14358
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Alexey Fyodorovich wrote:8) gets a mention in Johnny Marr's autobiography, a few excerpts of which are here:
The Smiths had been lined up to play a few shows opening for The Sisters of Mercy. I knew of their music and I thought they were good. They had an admirable attitude towards their audience...

The Sisters and their crew went out of their way to make sure we were looked after, and I would occasionally spend time before we went on with their singer, Andrew Eldritch, who was very cool. If you're decent to begin with you should be hospitable to a new band, especially when they're young.
Hello & welcome to the forum :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
User avatar
Alexey Fyodorovich
Road Kill
Posts: 15
Joined: 22 Dec 2018, 12:48
Location: Los Angeles


Hello & welcome to the forum :)
Thank you. :) I've been lurking here for quite a while, thought I might finally register as a user.
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14358
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Alexey Fyodorovich wrote:

Hello & welcome to the forum :)
Thank you. :) I've been lurking here for quite a while, thought I might finally register as a user.
The more the merrier :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
User avatar
circle
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 969
Joined: 24 Jan 2009, 19:28
Location: Portugal

Watched the pilot of Deadly Class yesterday, the soundtrack is full of music of the 80s, and of course, The Sisters are present, in the scene where they present the goth students (it will leave Von happy). Other musical acts that I recognised on the soundtrack were The Cure, Killing Joke, Echo and the Bunnymen and New Order.

The TV series is enjoyable. Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giDueoLzwwU
darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14358
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

circle wrote:Watched the pilot of Deadly Class yesterday, the soundtrack is full of music of the 80s, and of course, The Sisters are present, in the scene where they present the goth students (it will leave Von happy). Other musical acts that I recognised on the soundtrack were The Cure, Killing Joke, Echo and the Bunnymen and New Order.

The TV series is enjoyable. Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giDueoLzwwU
Have just secured a "digital safety backup copy" :innocent: to watch tomorrow.
Thanks for the heads up
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
User avatar
jost 7
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 896
Joined: 21 Jan 2004, 21:19
Location: the playground

My kurzweil stage piano has a sound called " "more"-viola ", and it sounds more or less that way
love is just a shot away
Post Reply