Chris Catalyst - new album/ website/ blog

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Anyone knows what Chris means by this tweet,
And now I return to Yorkshire following 3 months away, to a new life which I didn't choose but am determined to pull into my own shape.
:?: Should we be worried? :?
abridged
Slight Overbomber

euphoria wrote:Anyone knows what Chris means by this tweet,
And now I return to Yorkshire following 3 months away, to a new life which I didn't choose but am determined to pull into my own shape.
Hopefully not. Chris has been a star and the heart of the band. But I do wonder what :von: meant when he said that this would be the last time the songs are played like they are now.
The Chancer Corporation
Being645
Above the Chemist

euphoria wrote:Anyone knows what Chris means by this tweet,
Uh, that does not sound very good ... :eek: :eek: ... still, there could be various reasons to write so ... :? ...
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

From The Missions facebook:

"6PM GMT - BIG ANNOUNCEMENT - be on this page!"

THIS IS IT!!!

:lol: :innocent:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Depprocksfarfar wrote:From The Missions facebook:

"6PM GMT - BIG ANNOUNCEMENT - be on this page!"

THIS IS IT!!!

:lol: :innocent:
Hopefully NOT !!! ... :urff: :lol: ...
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

So Chris is off to axe with Ugly Kid Joe?

Von assembles revised Sisters line-up with Hussey, Adams (& Corgan?)

Then Hell freezes over? And a new record?

Well, in other news, Trump got in, so anythang is possible! :innocent:
Edit:

Turns out the big 6pm announcement over at the m*****n FB page…………. is a 2017 m*****n tour :innocent:
Swinnow
Overbomber

Ah well, at least they're good live.

*runs off to Anfield to watch the Mighty Reds play football*
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Depprocksfarfar

https://twitter.com/ChrisCatalyst/statu ... 6964918272 :roll:

(And no, probably not Sisters-related at all, but hey!)
Being645
Above the Chemist

There is some news on some FB page, but I can't see it and, consequently not link to it or quote it here ...

Anyway, Chris is thinking about a pledge campaign for his solo project in January.
Pista
Cureboi

It's not a private page, so it should be visible.

https://www.facebook.com/ChrisCatalystMusic/
Working on some Pledge campaign type ideas for my solo album which I'm aiming to launch in January. To kick off 2017 in the best possible way. (for me) (and hopefully for you)
If there's anything in particular that you think might be a fun idea or merch item you'd like to see, let me know. Bear in mind that the album is more or less recorded. Cheers.X
:D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote:It's not a private page, so it should be visible.

https://www.facebook.com/ChrisCatalystMusic/
Working on some Pledge campaign type ideas for my solo album which I'm aiming to launch in January. To kick off 2017 in the best possible way. (for me) (and hopefully for you)
If there's anything in particular that you think might be a fun idea or merch item you'd like to see, let me know. Bear in mind that the album is more or less recorded. Cheers.X
:D
Thanks Steve ... :D :notworthy: ...

... and no, it is no longer visible, when you try looking at it without being a FB member, since there is now the new "cool" invention of "fixed postings",
which has "outsiders" see only that one post the page owner marks as "fixed". Same btw with the Heartland FB page. As there is no post "fixed",
people from "outside" see nothing at all. Congrats to f***book to another means of exclusion ... you fuckers ... I pray every day for the end of your f**king imperium ...

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

This is an update on the above, posted to the Eureka Machines Facebook fan group. That's in the public domain, so it's OK to post here. It's a very active thread so feel free to go there and add your thoughts...

____

Hey all,

Just to let you know, I'm looking at launching a Pledge Campaign for my solo album in January 2017. If there's anything in particular that you'd like to see on there, let me know... funny merch items or ideas for stuff.

I want to do a short and neat Pledge campaign which will mean you get to hear it in early Feb 2017 and receive the hard copies in early March. I've got some great stuff for 'bonus' material, which in my opinion is what you Pledgesters - actual real-life fans of good music - really want.

I appreciate that this is the Eureka Machines page but I'm guessing most of the people who are interested in my stuff will be coming from here, so I hope it's cool to post in here, rather than putting up a new page for everyone to have to join and so on.

Speaking of Eureka Machines, my current dream is for us to do this Leeds gig in February, fall back in love with it all again (not that we fell out of love with it, but you know what I mean), write a load of songs and put them out in early 2018, alongside the 'Rarities' type album we've got in the back pocket.

I have a longish-term plan. My hand has been forced somewhat by some pretty dramatic life changes that have happened to me recently, so I hope this all works out so that I can carry on living where I live and doing what I do... basically I hope that you all fancy hearing a lot more of my crap over the next few years.

X
Pista
Cureboi

Count me in for the pledge :)
Sad to read about the "life changes". Hope all is well at chez Chris.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
REDSHAMAN
Road Kill

Is Chris no longer in The Sisters do we know ??
Depprocksfarfar

This is most likely not Sisters-related at all. Every site he´s involved in (facebook, twitter and so on) says hes still in. This is probably personal problems, and he will tell us if he wants to tell us.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Depprocksfarfar wrote:This is most likely not Sisters-related at all. Every site he´s involved in (facebook, twitter and so on) says hes still in. This is probably personal problems, and he will tell us if he wants to tell us.
I agree. I know we tend to be a bit of a bunch of obsessives, but let's give the guy some privacy.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
REDSHAMAN
Road Kill

To be fair i did only ask if he was still part of the Sisters, and didn't allude
at all to his private life.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

REDSHAMAN wrote:To be fair i did only ask if he was still part of the Sisters, and didn't allude
at all to his private life.
True. I was speaking generally.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
GC
Slight Overbomber

Seeing that he is sharing his private life, difficult times etc then it's quite normal that people/fans will be curious. Thus and therfore discussions on fan related forums.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I should make it clear that I'm just expressing a personal opinion, not a moderator directive.

Feel free to disagree with me. ;D

Oh. You all did. Good. Carry on :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

He said "pretty dramatic life changes" - its personal stuff, not band-related.
Pat
Slight Overbomber

New vid on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ChrisCatalystM ... 260045755/

Touch of The Beatles in the chorus (not too obvious but in a good way)
Alex66

Pat wrote:New vid on facebook

Cracking it is, just what I needed after gassing myself bleaching me hair (small bathroom).
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pat wrote:New vid on facebook

Nice ... :D ... and it's freely visible for everyone ... :D ...
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

The PledgeMusic campaign for Chris's solo album starts next Tuesday (10th January). Huzzah!