Official Sisters Merch

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Reptile House 91 / Leeds England longsleeves going cheap. Now there's a sensible price in these times of global recession. They got my tenner 8)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
ruffers
Overbomber

Got my zip up and very happy. Could it be heavier? Yes.
Apart from that all good.

Personally I don't think we need the back print and for some reason the zip is the wrong way round but I'll still be wearing it every day till it breaks. Then I'll wear the second one I bought...
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

ruffers wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 23:03 Got my zip up and very happy. Could it be heavier? Yes.
Apart from that all good.

Personally I don't think we need the back print and for some reason the zip is the wrong way round but I'll still be wearing it every day till it breaks. Then I'll wear the second one I bought...
I'm in full agreement that the back print is unnecessary. Then again I'll rarely see it.
Love the embroidered nip-logo though.
Being645
Above the Chemist

ruffers wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 23:03 ... Personally I don't think we need the back print ...
Paint it black ... :wink: ...
mh
Above the Chemist

Mine arrived safe & sound. I'd agree with the consensus that the back print is a tad excessive, but overall it's still a handsome piece of kit. The material is on the thin side, but quality and cosy. The embroidered front and sleeve logos are great. Only major downside is that the zip is quite awkward - I'll stick it out and see if my muscle memory adjusts, but otherwise might get it replaced.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Why? 'sup with the zip?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
DJElectricDaddy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

Personally I’m a big fan of the back print. Only the breast logo would be far too subtle for me. Wish there was a US distributor to save on shipping

Also $60 for a fleece that is as thin as the reports.....sounds like it’s the customer that’s getting fleeced
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
ruffers
Overbomber

It's not thin, just not the heaviest in the world.

The zip tag is on the other side from where it usually is.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
DJElectricDaddy

ruffers wrote: 07 Dec 2020, 22:03
In the old days that was considered a woman’s zip, they were opposite. Is that still a thing?
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Ah, gotcha.

One of them there continental zips innit! All fancy, like ;)
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

DJElectricDaddy wrote: 07 Dec 2020, 22:06
In the old days that was considered a woman’s zip, they were opposite. Is that still a thing?
Well fancy that. I've never come across a ladies hoodie with a zip on t'other side, how bizarre, the mind boggles why that is even a thing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have bought this hoodie and it's ace and i did indeed notice strange zippery occurring! :lol:

I got a small and glad i did, armpit to armpit is 19" - i know sometimes us ladies never know what sizes to get, so maybe that will help anyone else who doesn't know whether to go S or M. :D

Oh and the shop has now added a badge set and a different beanie. 8)
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Charlie wrote: 07 Dec 2020, 22:25
Well fancy that. I've never come across a ladies hoodie with a zip on t'other side, how bizarre, the mind boggles why that is even a thing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have bought this hoodie and it's ace and i did indeed notice strange zippery occurring! :lol:

I got a small and glad i did, armpit to armpit is 19" - i know sometimes us ladies never know what sizes to get, so maybe that will help anyone else who doesn't know whether to go S or M. :D

Apparently the reason for ladies' zips being on the other side dates back to when posho ladies had dressers. Even typing that makes it sound like an urban myth, though. Surely it's men that have historically (and not so historically) had everything done for them, so our flies would be backwards?

Right i"m off to check out these new badges and beanies.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Hmm. I should probably get some HL hoodies up for sale shouldn't i? In time for xmas!
limur

Quiff Boy wrote: 07 Dec 2020, 23:20 Hmm. I should probably get some HL hoodies up for sale shouldn't i? In time for xmas!
Yes please! :notworthy:
...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Charlie you must be a mind reader!! I was literally just about to ask if anyone who had received a small or medium could measure it. I've been undecided which size to order.... small it is :D
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
doctor_jeep
Amphetamine Filth

For the nerds: the new beanie is a replica of the one I bought on the Exxile on Euphoria tour. It was their yellow period, so the "sisters" logo was indeed yellow on the old one. Actually been looking for the thing in my stuff recently, but it didn't turn up again as of yet.
Clearly now the past mistakes
The giant steps we had to take
The path that ever promise made to
Die in dream dissolve and fade
Swinnow
Overbomber

It's a slow work day so I ended up discussing 'women's zips' with the former Ms Swinnow, herself a former girls gig goer and t-shirt owner. When she realised I wasn't being either forward or smutty we came to the conclusion that this must be a very early April fool topic.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
DJElectricDaddy

I prefer to get a little of both S&M 😉
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
DJElectricDaddy

For what it’s worth I hereby retract my earlier remarks about the price of pop music apparell. Clearly I’m much out of touch. Having shopped for Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold kit for my boy I was aghast to notice the prices of these things. $80 for a hoodie, $60 for sweats! I wanted to support the artists during this Fucksmas Holiday, but the little git can wear generic flannel like the rest of us peasants, and I don’t care what little Timmy down’t lane got from the fat red bastid

(Replies to self) “okay grandpa”
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Being645 wrote: 07 Dec 2020, 13:26
ruffers wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 23:03 ... Personally I don't think we need the back print ...
Paint it black ... :wink: ...
Yes dear :lol:
Goths have feelings too
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

DJElectricDaddy wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 07:17 For what it’s worth I hereby retract my earlier remarks about the price of pop music apparell. Clearly I’m much out of touch. Having shopped for Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold kit for my boy I was aghast to notice the prices of these things. $80 for a hoodie, $60 for sweats! I wanted to support the artists during this Fucksmas Holiday, but the little git can wear generic flannel like the rest of us peasants, and I don’t care what little Timmy down’t lane got from the fat red bastid

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

DJElectricDaddy wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 07:17 For what it’s worth I hereby retract my earlier remarks about the price of pop music apparell. Clearly I’m much out of touch. Having shopped for Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold kit for my boy I was aghast to notice the prices of these things. $80 for a hoodie, $60 for sweats! I wanted to support the artists during this Fucksmas Holiday, but the little git can wear generic flannel like the rest of us peasants, and I don’t care what little Timmy down’t lane got from the fat red bastid

Nice rant! :lol:

Shame to see they'd obviously mispriced those Reptile longsleeves too as they're now 25 a pop.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

If it helps, here's some official info about the sizes:

sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

I like how these sizes go on chest size, that way I buy XL to make room for my large barrel chest, and the size of my stomach is irrelevant. :P
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

sam donut wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 16:09 the size of my stomach is irrelevant. :P
you keep telling yourself that, chief ;) :lol: