Meltdown and The Furs

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Randall Flagg
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I'm off to see the Furs on Friday and have not been as excited about seeing a band from my youth since Magazine reformed/played Oxford a few years ago.

Which got me thinking, would Eldritch bother to see the Furs in 2018? no Ashton but his admiration for Butler's lyrics holds strong.

Wonder how he feels about Meltdown - given all those that have gone before I bet he'd secretly LOVE the chance to curate it - but doubt he'd want to play it.

Oh well, bring on Friday {Burned down days like cigarettes}

Flagg - who is also massively excited ref seeing the Church for the first time
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Saw them recently. Very enjoyable. Did the singles. Audience was people of a certain vintage of course. Though not quite as bad as Gary Numan. Full of old people with ipads! Numan was great but audience very annoying and I am not young!
The Chancer Corporation
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I reckon I could have gone every night to Meltdown 2018 and not got bored. I'm going to see Mogwai on Thursday, still hoping that extra tickets for the Curaetion night somehow become available.

But on topic, I can't speak for Andrew, but Gary Marx/Mark Pairman was at one of the recent Furs shows, along with Wolfie(?) from Red Lorry Yellow Lorry. Saw the picture on Facebook (which prompted my somewhat frivolous post about whether Gary is a hardman or not).
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Randall Flagg wrote:I'm off to see the Furs on Friday and have not been as excited about seeing a band from my youth since Magazine reformed/played Oxford a few years ago.

Which got me thinking, would Eldritch bother to see the Furs in 2018? no Ashton but his admiration for Butler's lyrics holds strong.

Wonder how he feels about Meltdown - given all those that have gone before I bet he'd secretly LOVE the chance to curate it - but doubt he'd want to play it.

And how were the Furs?
Randall Flagg
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Mothra wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:I'm off to see the Furs on Friday and have not been as excited about seeing a band from my youth since Magazine reformed/played Oxford a few years ago.

And how were the Furs?
In a word M A G N I F I C E N T

Could not help mentally compare/contrast the Sisters of 2017 to the Furs of 2018 vs both bands early 80's heyday.

Butler is still in fine voice - amazingly his voice has hardly changed at all and while they did not deliver any new songs the set list was killer drawn across all the bands catalogue - included Sister Europe and India.

There's a sheen to the band in 2018 and if you get the chance to see them, don't hesitate.

Home again.....

Flagg