Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
czuczu
Overbomber

Thoroughly enjoyed that, an excellent read :)

Patiently waiting on a feature length documentary now...
Big Si
School Bully

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 06:51 mine arrigved so f**king quickly i think it had been at my meds first- thank you Brother Si!. :kiss: :bat:

and its almost been impossible not to stop everything i'm doing to devour it, but if i DONT get me chores done i will be 'omeless. and much as you all adore my good self (& not without good reasons) NONE of you want me turning up on your doorstep with a spotty 'ankie on a stick I KNOW.... :twisted:
I wonder if Leicester is on the route of the 'Auld Glasgow-Flanders Express' of 2 Decades ago, that delivered so many Parcels so very, very quickly :D

Massive Thanks and Big Respect to MAndrews for all his hard work in bringing this to us. I knew it would be worth the wait :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

Just wondering, since my order has now been dispatched: When will the eBook be available?
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
iesus
Overbomber

Diary of a parcel. :)
Since i see many things happen around, i will share the experience i had. The parcel went to at least 3 different countries except the origin UK. The parcel was definetely opened somewhere on the route and checked that it was a book. No extra taxes were added. No custom fees. i can live with that it was opened and no custom taxes were asked. :roll:
I would be happy if there was better condition of the paper cover but it was a little bit hit in the place it was opened and checked.
I would also be happier if MA would have signed my copy, but i understand perfectly that the circumstances didn't allow this to happen :(
I loved read the names at the end and read many familiar ones, honoured to be gathered all in one place for a common cause like this :notworthy: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Anyone else expecting in the States? Mine just got to New York...! Given the reviews so far, am sure I won't be disappointed.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'll work up a proper review over the next few days.

My only, very minor, quibble is that the asterisks are too small and I kept missing where exactly in the main text the footnote was referred to.

As always with crowd funding, I really get a kick out of seeing my name in print. Tiny things please tiny minds ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
GC
Slight Overbomber

Arrived looks great.....

...only quibble is why did n't anybody think of changing their Supporters name to Andrew Taylor or Andrew Eldritch..... :lol:
czuczu
Overbomber

GC wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 11:39 Arrived looks great.....

...only quibble is why did n't anybody think of changing their Supporters name to Andrew Taylor or Andrew Eldritch..... :lol:
I looked for Morrison, Hussey and Adams in the supporters bit - we're all too slow :D
GC
Slight Overbomber

czuczu wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 12:47
GC wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 11:39 Arrived looks great.....

I looked for Morrison, Hussey and Adams in the supporters bit - we're all too slow :D
:lol: :lol: ... that would have been even better.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Electrochrome wrote: 10 Nov 2021, 17:02 Anyone else expecting in the States? Mine just got to New York...! Given the reviews so far, am sure I won't be disappointed.
Yeah, mine too. Then handed off to the USPS, and given how effective they are in my city, I figure there's a 50% chance I don't get it, and if I do get it, a 50% chance I only get half of it. Never mind that I can see the Capitol building when I walk out to my local for a drink.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
ruffers
Overbomber

Just got mine. It's bigger and thicker then expected.

Which is nice.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

Excited to get my hands on this book, but sadly Amazon only has it on preorder for the states till February 8th. :(
:von: Check out my Comic series: https://unhingedcomic.com/ :von:
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

Nyth Grandbeard wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 23:50 Excited to get my hands on this book, but sadly Amazon only has it on preorder for the states till February 8th. :(
UK Amazon is November, along with other UK suppliers. Amazon.fr claims November (getting stock from UK?) Other EU Amazons seem to have Feb ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

ruffers wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 21:31 Just got mine. It's bigger and thicker then expected.

Which is nice.
I bet you say that to all the boys :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

The curated playlist is out.

Still no sign of the ebooks; I've dropped a quick query to Unbound support asking about them, particularly as they appear to be selling ebooks on the site (which seems odd if they haven't yet released them to supporters) and their email to EU supporters did say "in the meantime enjoy the ebook".
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
mh
Above the Chemist

And the PDFs are out.

Wow. Seems to be just the White Rose Babylon material; still no sign of the original book itself.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

Mine was not delivered to me today because there is tax and another fee to pay and the postman was not allowed to collect the money in times of Corona and they don’t accept credit cards either-Germany! :x
But the good thing is that I can pick the book up from the local post office tomorrow. It’s arrived here at least :D
Being645
Above the Chemist

mh wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 11:37 And the PDFs are out.

Wow. Seems to be just the White Rose Babylon material; still no sign of the original book itself.
Except for parts 8 and 9 ... :? ...
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 12:36

I think the fact 8 and 9 are missing from the pdf means the full text for chapters 8 and 9 is included in the book :D

Definitely more in the pdf than I was expecting :notworthy:
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 12:36

I'll check this. There should be Footnotes for Chapters 8 and 9 in the PDF ...
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 10 Nov 2021, 19:18
My only, very minor, quibble is that the asterisks are too small and I kept missing where exactly in the main text the footnote was referred to.
Ah, not just me then.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

a) "The ebooks are currently with the converters and we should have them next week" (Unbound)

b) The Footnotes for chapters.8 and 9 have been added to the link you use to get the PDFs. So 'Repaint My Name In Gold' is whole again.
mh
Above the Chemist

Thanks Mark! :notworthy:
Big Si
School Bully

Erudite wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 18:01
Ah, not just me then.
Nope, not just you 2 :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
czuczu
Overbomber

Big Si wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 22:06
Erudite wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 18:01
Ah, not just me then.
Nope, not just you 2 :wink:

I keep telling myself....