Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Being645
Above the Chemist

MAndrews wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 15:37
Gothicbiff wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 15:09 To anyone who bought access to the playlist..
I don't have a Spotify account, and don't want one, but can't open the playlist without an account. Does anyone know a way round this?
The playlist is just on Spotify. I use the free version i.e. I get advert interruptions etc. So no charge to hear the playlist ...
Anyway, it were nice though, if anyone could/would bother, to let us have

some MP3 (or so) collection of these tracks, maybe in the sharing section ... :wink: ...
Last edited by Being645 on 19 Nov 2021, 02:45, edited 1 time in total.
Holofernes
Road Kill

My copy arrived today in Denver, Colorado (USA) - so pleased with it!
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

So how/when does the e-book become available?
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
mh
Above the Chemist

The reply I got from Unbound support was "The ebooks for Paint my Name in Black & Gold are currently going through final checks and will be available later this week."

That was 4 days ago, and there's still plenty of time for "later this week". It may even be reasonable to miss that timescale and tip over into next week if any last minute issues were found.

They could probably have been better in communicating this to everyone though.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

DELIVERY IN THE EU. I did an experiment and ordered a copy form Amazon.fr. It is "in transit" and due next "Wednesday". I paid just under 25 Euros. Is this a viable option for some people?
iesus
Overbomber

Amazon.fr has quarters in Toulouse France
3-4 years ago i bought some books from there and it took them about 3 weeks to deliver back then.
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Big Si
School Bully

Ebooks now available :)
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
iesus
Overbomber

It's arrived! We've now turned Paint My Name In Black And Gold into a beautiful ebook which you can now download in all the popular formats.

For more information and advice on downloading our ebooks please visit
Ebooks available :D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
mh
Above the Chemist

Have it on my great rock 'n' roll Kindle! :)
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

GC wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 12:51
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 08:33 a lot of people saying how much they got a buzz out of seeing their name in print; yet with the exception of HL's Chaotician who can do whatever the f**k she wants by me, i wouldnt care to be in the SUPERFANNYS section at the front...even if it werent a "PAY-TO-LOOK-GOOD" bit for wankers. :twisted: :von:
:bat:
But you did find it important enough to join us in the averagefanny's in the back of the book :innocent:
isnt that just a list of pledgers? (of which there are many millions) as opposed to -amongst others- theiving quinton bastard and his unfortunately named off spring, neither of whom are same as us fans super or otherwise
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Just plucked mine from the mail box! The tracking said delivered, but the last few updates indicated NYC (I'm in FL). No matter, it looks gorgeous, bigger than expected and delivered in great shape. Yes, I went immediately to the Super Fan section to view my name in black and white (gold?)...just thumbing through it I know it's well worth the time and all.

Thank you Mark! Cannot wait to dig in!
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Electrochrome wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 19:16 Just plucked mine from the mail box! The tracking said delivered, but the last few updates indicated NYC (I'm in FL). No matter, it looks gorgeous, bigger than expected and delivered in great shape. Yes, I went immediately to the Super Fan section to view my name in black and white (gold?)...just thumbing through it I know it's well worth the time and all.

Thank you Mark! Cannot wait to dig in!
as i said, any super fans who are HLers arent the ones i was being bitchy about lol. WE can do what we want innit. because we're Heartland. THAT'S elitist. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

radiojamaica
Overbomber

I'd appreciate if Unbound would respond to their mails... but silence so far.
I did get the PDF yesterday, but am pretty old school and prefer to read and hold a book.
When I visited a good friend last Friday I got to fondle and check his copy, what he received earlier this month.
It looks very good and hope my copy arrives one of these days.
in dub we trust
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I ordered a couple of weeks ago on the dreaded Amazon, and I’m pleased to report that it arrived this morning, looking really terrific. Looking forward to diving in!
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

radiojamaica wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 10:39 I'd appreciate if Unbound would respond to their mails... but silence so far.
I did get the PDF yesterday, but am pretty old school and prefer to read and hold a book.
When I visited a good friend last Friday I got to fondle and check his copy, what he received earlier this month.
It looks very good and hope my copy arrives one of these days.
Try a Q on the Q and A page: https://unbound.com/books/sistersofmercy/
Unbound do read and reply here.
mh
Above the Chemist

Yeah, I got a reply from them but it just took a few days, they do reply though.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Thanx Mark, thanx Michael.
I'll give it a few more days...
it's just hard to be patient ;D

cheers,
Koen
in dub we trust
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth

Same as you Koen...old school and impatient ;-)
"this is the revenge of the fuckwit"
mh
Above the Chemist

I enjoy ebooks for convenience, portability, durability and particularly being searchable, and see the physical copy of this as an almost luxury item I don't mind having to wait for. So the ebook was the one I've just devoured, but the physical copy is the one I'll enjoy more slowly when the time comes. I'm happy to have both for something like this.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

mh wrote: 22 Nov 2021, 10:51 I enjoy ebooks for convenience, portability, durability and particularly being searchable...
Oh yeah that's a thought. On the physical book, an index might have come in handy.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote: 22 Nov 2021, 15:07
mh wrote: 22 Nov 2021, 10:51 I enjoy ebooks for convenience, portability, durability and particularly being searchable...
Oh yeah that's a thought. On the physical book, an index might have come in handy.
Index got cut out of the budget at my request when crowdfunding was looking decidedly shaky. And didn't get put back in.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Ah well, fair enough. I guess it would be a hell of a job to compile as well. No adverse criticism intended, and I still need to write you a proper review. 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
radiojamaica
Overbomber

sentenza wrote: 22 Nov 2021, 09:21 Same as you Koen...old school and impatient ;-)
Brothers in arms, Yan 8) :notworthy: ;D
in dub we trust
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote: 22 Nov 2021, 17:32 Ah well, fair enough. I guess it would be a hell of a job to compile as well. No adverse criticism intended, and I still need to write you a proper review. 8)
Index actually more expensive than the entire photo budget! Which also explains why I paid for some of the photos myself ...
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Having published several books, I've always done the Index myself. But it is a fair bit of work.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...