Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

mh wrote:
markfiend wrote:
mh wrote:96% now! :notworthy:

What might be a silly question: I assume with these things there's always a certain percentage of backers who pull out, for whatever reason. Are allowances for that percentage built into the funding goal? So in other words, if 10% pull out on average, is the funding goal boosted to allow for that 10%?
Not thinking of backing out are we? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah, just wondering how much of a safety net we have if we do indeed only get to sub-100.
"We work a bit differently to other crowdfunding sites so when you make a pledge the money will come out of your account straightaway. We take payments via credit card or PayPal.

If a project is unsuccessful then it gets taken down from the site and the money you pledged gets returned to your Unbound account as credit. Should this happen to a book you've supported, we will of course send you an email letting you know what happens next. You can either use this credit to support another project, or get in touch to request a refund."

So I think, if it reaches 100%, a pledge is a pledge and there's no backing out. I think.

[/i]
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

ALMOST - is a new 10% off promo code for "Paint My Name In Black and Gold". It's also a description of the level of crowdfunding - we are at 96%. The ALMOST code is valid Monday 13 May to Sunday 19 May. Please share far and wide and let's see if we can get this book over the line. Deep thanks to everyone who has pledged so far.
https://unbound.com/books/sistersofmercy/
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

MAndrews wrote:
mh wrote:
markfiend wrote:Not thinking of backing out are we? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah, just wondering how much of a safety net we have if we do indeed only get to sub-100.
"We work a bit differently to other crowdfunding sites so when you make a pledge the money will come out of your account straightaway. We take payments via credit card or PayPal.

If a project is unsuccessful then it gets taken down from the site and the money you pledged gets returned to your Unbound account as credit. Should this happen to a book you've supported, we will of course send you an email letting you know what happens next. You can either use this credit to support another project, or get in touch to request a refund."

So I think, if it reaches 100%, a pledge is a pledge and there's no backing out. I think.

[/i]
That was my understanding too. Once you've bought in, you're funds are committed unless the project stalls below 100%. But I wasn't sure how long a campaign stays open before it becomes clear that 100% is never going to be reached.

Does the book get printed in accordance with the amount of pledges, or do extra copies get made for bookshops/future sales? Presumably there are people out there who may want to read this (or any Unbound book) but don't necessarily want to buy until they can see the finished copy.
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

Mothra wrote:
MAndrews wrote:
mh wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[/i]
That was my understanding too. Once you've bought in, you're funds are committed unless the project stalls below 100%. But I wasn't sure how long a campaign stays open before it becomes clear that 100% is never going to be reached.

Does the book get printed in accordance with the amount of pledges, or do extra copies get made for bookshops/future sales? Presumably there are people out there who may want to read this (or any Unbound book) but don't necessarily want to buy until they can see the finished copy.
At 96%, this will stay open till it funds. Ultimately, Unbound will then print enough for Subscribers + also a trade run. How many copies is Unbound's business. Are Subscribers the only potential audience for the book - I think not. Those who have been sitting on their hands in the FB Groups might well reach for their credit cards at that point ... + all those who have no knowledge of the book up till now.
mh
Above the Chemist

100% - looks like we got us a convoy. :) :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Wow! That's cracking news! ;D
czuczu
Overbomber

Congrats!

Now get to work ;)
Being645
Above the Chemist

Wonderful ... ;D ;D ;D ... soo looking forward to it ... ;D ;D ;D ... and the following ones ...
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

And now the games begin ...

Thank you to everyone in this Forum who pledged!
Mothra

MAndrews wrote:And now the games begin ...

Thank you to everyone in this Forum who pledged!
Congrats Mark. I'll admit my confidence wavered a bit when the project seemed to get stuck at 40% for ages, but so pleased for you. Looking forward to the book.

PS, you're up to 101% now!
mh
Above the Chemist

Yup, it's an honour to have been part of the work to get this over the line; now it's time to look forward to the payoff.

As we used to say in the old days: :notworthy: x 25000
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Pista
Cureboi

Yay!
:notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Congrats Mark, at least something went right today :)
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Yep, it's fantastic news, can't wait to read it!

:D :D :D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Great news. It will be interesting to do a comparison with La Huss's book...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

When do you hope the book comes out ?
Zacharias
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

deirfiur wrote:When do you hope the book comes out ?
Wasn't there talk about something along the lines of one year from 100% backing somewhere?
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

Tks
splintered thing

Brilliant news - can't wait.
Thank you for all your hard work. xxx
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
kafka
Amphetamine Filth

p.s. @MAndrews check your inbox? :)
[repeat x40]
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

“I don't want people to come and see our gig because of the magnificent things I'm doing with my hips, but it's their evening, you know. They have to have fun. I'm a little bit naive."
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Todashi wrote:Another smashing read.

https://thequietus.com/articles/27065-p ... LUzU7fB0uY
Agreed :notworthy:
Swinnow
Overbomber

Indeed, though I would never have described the 80s Fav as Victorian. Could they have meant the Royal Park?
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Fantastic read as always! :notworthy:

Never knew :von: could have been 'Christian Eldritch'!
Being645
Above the Chemist

A perfect read ... :D ... it sounds like I had dreamt it all before without knowing but now recognising the words ... :D ...