Mark Pearman aka Gary Marx

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

This is for You who don't lurk on Facebook, shamelessly stolen :D :D Orginally posted on Facebook by Ade Matthew. Guy on right (bestman) Mr Gary Marx or more commonly known as Mark Pairman. https://ibb.co/gdyyyxY
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

*Pearman. :wink:
:bat:

...& great pic. :notworthy:Image
Last edited by eastmidswhizzkid on 13 Mar 2019, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

Being645
Above the Chemist

Hihi, lovely ... still the perfect fingers for a guitar or piano player ... :D ... thank you for posting ... :D ....
eastmidswhizzkid

Mark/Gary is the great forgotten sister - obviously Eldritch is Eldritch but without Marx what or who would he have become?

"nowadays everybody talks like they got something to say
but nothing comes out when they move their lips
just a bunch of gibberish
cuz evrybody acts like they forgot about Marx"

Cedarjet
Amphetamine Filth

Still my REAL hero in the story of our favourite band.
Trying is the first step towards failure
(Homer Simpson)
eastmidswhizzkid

Cedarjet wrote:Still my REAL hero in the story of our favourite band.
:notworthy: mine too. and when i heard the story of 1995 & nowhere -and subsequently corresponded with Mark about it- it really brought it home to me how much The Sisters meant to him. Unlike Wayne and Craig who's differences were more to do with the musical direction that Eldritch was taking the band i think Mark really would have stayed had Andrew not been so fucking difficult to work with. :von:

Bartek
Underneath the Rock

So, apart from Wayne Hussein, TSOM in (almost) original line-up could now take name Right Said Dead.

As for what-if: judging from 1995 & (...), knowing nothing about time when it was written or circumsatnes of such, based on just a snippets of songs, we could have FaLaA pt II, which isn't that bad at all, but musicians and bands I'm chering the most are one that are able to look for new fields, trying to redefine themselves, rather than one sticking to one type of music playing it on and on (upss, I'm on a forum of a band that playing well know setlist for decade with just small changes in order and new covers to fill it). Nonetheless, I would love to get to parelle universe where both of them come to conclussion are give it a try.
mh
Above the Chemist

Bartek wrote:So, apart from Wayne Hussein, TSOM in (almost) original line-up could now take name Right Said Dead.
And that is why he must never be allowed rejoin. ;D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Big Si
School Bully

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
:notworthy: mine too. and when i heard the story of 1995 & nowhere -and subsequently corresponded with Mark about it- it really brought it home to me how much The Sisters meant to him. Unlike Wayne and Craig who's differences were more to do with the musical direction that Eldritch was taking the band i think Mark really would have stayed had Andrew not been so fucking difficult to work with. :von:
Harking back to my 4am chat with Nick Jones after a Heartland doo back in 2003, he said that Gary was the Talent in the Band, no question. Sadly he and :von: returned from one of the 1984 Tours and were no longer on speaking terms. The end of that incarnation of the Band was inevitable and it was only a matter of Time :(
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Being645
Above the Chemist

Big Si wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Harking back to my 4am chat with Nick Jones after a Heartland doo back in 2003, he said that Gary was the Talent in the Band, no question. Sadly he and :von: returned from one of the 1984 Tours and were no longer on speaking terms. The end of that incarnation of the Band was inevitable and it was only a matter of Time :(
Maybe after that occasion, when Eldritch took a few days off in Mexico and left him back where they were with the other two ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Yes, and that's why in TSOM the only constant member is AE.
Being645
Above the Chemist

But, AFAIK, they didn't want to go for a short trip to Mexico. So should he have stayed, bored like with mum and dad on the sofa in front of the TV? ... :lol: ...
Swinnow
Overbomber

It's hard to picture a mid-80's Wayne and Craig sat on the hotel couch, in California, watching telly with a forlorn Mr Marx :lol:

Roll on both books this year and it will be interesting to see if Gary contributes anything to either.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
endemoniada75
Road Kill

I`m the person who originally posted the image on Facebook. I was going to post it on Heartland, but was waiting for permission from the other person in the photo.

The photo was taken some time last year at a wedding in Bridlington, as the original poster pointed out Gary was the best man.

Coincidently the other person in the photo has another Sisters related link. His next door neighbours are a now retired Kenny Giles & his wife.
Being645
Above the Chemist

endemoniada75 wrote:I`m the person who originally posted the image on Facebook. I was going to post it on Heartland, but was waiting for permission from the other person in the photo.

The photo was taken some time last year at a wedding in Bridlington, as the original poster pointed out Gary was the best man.

Coincidently the other person in the photo has another Sisters related link. His next door neighbours are a now retired Kenny Giles & his wife.
Hi endemoniada75 ... thank for both, the info and the photo ... :) :notworthy: ...

It is such a beautiful picture that shouldn't have been missed here in this lovely forum
far off from the deep nets of FB that seem to have swallowed the whole world almost entirely ... :) :wink: ...

and may the newly married couple be happy together for the rest of their days ... ;D ;D ;D ...
radioactive kid
Road Kill

Great pic it all went downhill after Gary left, that bloke must be tall cos he towers over Gary who towered above everyone else on stage!!!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

or maybe rest of the band members were/are NBA junior players.