Has Chris quit The Sisters?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

markfiend wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 10:38 "It was like he didn't really want to do it" says it all really.
"..and if i did then i dont now...."
[/von-trariwise]
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

And in some cases (Si Denbigh's benefit gig springs to mind) it's obvious that he really didn't want to do it. :evil:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 09:36 And in some cases (Si Denbigh's benefit gig springs to mind) it's obvious that he really didn't want to do it. :evil:
Although in all fairness that could have been something totally unrelated- a bad hangover, end-of-tour-blues; lack of amphetamines...we all have off days when even the easiest job in the world is a slog. The fact is he did do that for Si. cant knock him .

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Blimey is Chris still parping on about being on tour with Ghost when The Sisters wanted to tour? Let it go Sir, beginning to sound a little butthurt.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid

Planet Dave wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 11:27 Blimey is Chris still parping on about being on tour with Ghost when The Sisters wanted to tour? Let it go Sir, beginning to sound a little butthurt.
ANYONE who choses ANYTHING over The Sisters has made their own bed as far ass i am concerned. reap/sow & all that (fake) jazz (nonsense). :von:

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Planet Dave wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 11:27 Blimey is Chris still parping on about being on tour with Ghost when The Sisters wanted to tour? Let it go Sir, beginning to sound a little butthurt.
To be fair if people keep asking him it's hardly him "parping on" about it is it?

Also, it wasn't that Chris chose Ghost over the Sisters. Eldritch booked the tour without bothering to check if his guitarist was available.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 13:15
To be fair if people keep asking him it's hardly him "parping on" about it is it?

Also, it wasn't that Chris chose Ghost over the Sisters. Eldritch booked the tour without bothering to check if his guitarist was available.
Regardless, when you read or hear the same thing several times over it assuredly sounds like butthurt parping to the casual observer.

It's all good, they've been busy boys of late (pre global pandemonium, of course) and that'll do for me.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Swinnow
Overbomber

To my, admittedly cynical, mind evangelism is usually a bad thing.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Being645
Above the Chemist

Planet Dave wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 13:34
markfiend wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 13:15

Regardless, when you read or hear the same thing several times over it assuredly sounds like butthurt parping to the casual observer.

It's all good, they've been busy boys of late (pre global pandemonium, of course) and that'll do for me.
Fully agree to the latter.
The Sisters have had a good run before the zombie virus appeared and Chris has made the very best of his time since then. So what.

On the other hand I can't but agree with markfiend.
Everybody knows the music press' and other multipliers' habit to keep asking the same idiot questions for DECACES ... can't blame their interviewees for that.
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

It's not my place to say exactly what the deal is, but I don't think it's going too far to say that this *massively* misrepresents things.

On a brighter note, for anyone that didn't buy the Classic Rock magazine that featured Chris, the article is now online:

https://www.loudersound.com/features/ch ... art-a-knob
Swinnow
Overbomber

Ta Damian, hopefully sanity prevails over blind evangelism for once.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Btw, his "band on the run/brown vinyl" gag is a good indicator of one too many mugs of wine.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Our man remains an eternal optimist, good luck kid
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Oooh
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
iesus
Overbomber

OOOoooo Image
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

"want to do" really ain't saying much.... :roll:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Yeah I would guess that Cadiz still "want to do" the Gift reissue CD...
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

:)
eastmidswhizzkid

good luck with that....

Swinnow
Overbomber

:lol:
Pista
Cureboi

:notworthy: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity