Has Chris quit The Sisters?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

We want a proper bass player! Dunno about the bannd sadly.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

ruffers wrote: 18 Feb 2021, 23:13 Proper quote

"People ask me sometimes if I would go back and the answer is, I never actually really left. I just wasn’t available for a particular tour. There was never really a conversation about it... this is fairly par for the course. But no bridges burned. That isn’t.

Andrew seems good with what they’re doing now, and it seems to be working, and I hope that continues for another 40 (ish) years.

(I’m around though, if they want a proper bass player.)"
he did a live chat on insta a few weks ago and when i asked him if he regretted leaving the sisters he went a bit further. i am paraphrasing from memory but basically he said:
"good question...i never really left i just said i couldnt do the one tour...dylan was initially a fill-in (or so i thought) ...then they started writing and it all went well....i never meant to leave so i guess yes i regret it"
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 25 Feb 2021, 20:05

"People ask me sometimes if I would go back and the answer is, I never actually really left. I just wasn’t available for a particular tour. There was never really a conversation about it... this is fairly par for the course. But no bridges burned. That isn’t.

Andrew seems good with what they’re doing now, and it seems to be working, and I hope that continues for another 40 (ish) years.

he did a live chat on insta a few weks ago and when i asked him if he regretted leaving the sisters he went a bit further. i am paraphrasing from memory but basically he said:
"good question...i never really left i just said i couldnt do the one tour...dylan was initially a fill-in (or so i thought) ...then they started writing and it all went well....i never meant to leave so i guess yes i regret it"
Forgive me for butting in, but this absolutely needs addressing for the public record. As well as liking the Sisters, I also run Chris's website (and the one for Eureka Machines), and after having a quick chat with him he's asked me to make it clear that this isn't what he said... he's got no regrets and wishes them all well whatever path they take.

Public service announcement ends. While I'm here, Chris also has an ace new song out today... here's the video:

Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Damian wrote: 26 Feb 2021, 18:51

Forgive me for butting in, but this absolutely needs addressing for the public record. As well as liking the Sisters, I also run Chris's website (and the one for Eureka Machines), and after having a quick chat with him he's asked me to make it clear that this isn't what he said... he's got no regrets and wishes them all well whatever path they take.

Public service announcement ends. While I'm here, Chris also has an ace new song out today... here's the video:

:notworthy:
I'm glad Chris has no regrets regarding that.

(on that note, when can we expect an update on the website with this song's lyrics?)
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

There's currently a page for the lyrics of the first album, and one for the first single from the second... the latter will turn into a page for the whole album soon!
Pista
Cureboi

Thought it best to move the Chris posts. :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Damian wrote: 26 Feb 2021, 18:51

firstly as Chris knows there was never a question regarding his goodwill towards the band. Not on WhizzWorld or here on The Heartland. Chris is loved and respected for his contributions to the band as well as for himself. he and Ben changed the accessibilty levels of the band from "doubtful even if the moons blue" to "constant while the Girls are in town". they fielde EVERY dumbass questtion from every dumbass fanm in every dump of a town EVERY NIGHT OF EVERY TOUR. Chris is a Sister forever. we know it ;. he knows it and he knows we know it. the guy EATS DALEKS ffs...so calm down dear please...

Now as i said at the time of originally posting, i was paraphrasing from memory, the relevant content of a fragmment of a 30+mins insta live chat, from over a mopnth ago; which at the time i was experiencing after being awake without a wink of sleep, for 120+hours solid... a feat which in itself would put every single one of you without exception into intensive care, if not all the way into the next world (yes even you bro, though admittedly you would have a bloody good go :wink: .)

in the interests of calming unecessary panic on the streets of wherever-the-fuck and more particularly For The Public Record and , yea! even moreimportantly FOR THE HEARTLAND AND IT'S HEARTLANDERS i have downloaded the insta video, painstakingly sound recorded Chris's EXACT answer and linked to the audio here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fpi0XN ... sp=sharing

-sound quality is pretty s**t but for completeness -and with Sister Chris's express permission- uploaded the full video to the little fluffy cloud above WhizzWorld where (gratis & for nothing) all of you worthy Heartlanders may CLICKY it back to Earth like the Quality of Mercy Which Falleth Like Rain From Heaven!**

**EMWK blatantly paraphrases the bard who just don' give a fuck...not because he eats daleks too but cuz he's dead innit...

EDIT: theres another bit later in the vid where Chris replies to me saying how we value all he did for the band.worth a listen
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Well, as a matter of fact it would be a bit disappointing to encounter a situation as such for any of us, I guess, and surely would take some irritating moments to deal with the developments. But Chris has made his peace with things as they are without any sort of bad blood. And he's rather creative in going on with his own stuff during all this f**king corona crisis. So what ... :) ...
ruffers
Overbomber

I asked him yesterday if, if asked by Von, he'd be up for playing bass in the autumn,. More a question of my own dreams than anything...

He said yes btw.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

That'd be lovely but I guess most of us know reality.

And no wonder that Chris has no regrets, it seems to be positive situation for both sides.
Pista
Cureboi

Interview
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

Damian wrote: 26 Feb 2021, 20:29 There's currently a page for the lyrics of the first album, and one for the first single from the second... the latter will turn into a page for the whole album soon!
...aaaand that's now done (just in time for the album being out in approximately 39 minutes from now)

https://www.chriscatalyst.com/kaleidoscopes/
Swinnow
Overbomber

....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

There's a nice two page spread including an interview with Chris in this month's Classic Rock magazine (the one with Led Zeppelin on the front)...
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

On the Classic Rock Magazine front, Chris is up for Track of the Week on their website again. It doesn't require an email address or any kind of registration, so if you've got five seconds spare give him a vote!

https://www.loudersound.com/features/tr ... e-and-more
Swinnow
Overbomber

Decisions, decisions, young Chris or Shirley MacManson?
Spiggy Sage
Road Kill

Damian wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 15:50 On the Classic Rock Magazine front, Chris is up for Track of the Week on their website again. It doesn't require an email address or any kind of registration, so if you've got five seconds spare give him a vote!

https://www.loudersound.com/features/tr ... e-and-more
Done :notworthy:
I don't know if you were wrong, but I fail to see the point of being right.
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

Great song, great video.
Done!
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Damian wrote: 27 May 2021, 13:55 There's a nice two page spread including an interview with Chris in this month's Classic Rock magazine (the one with Led Zeppelin on the front)...
If any one can remind me in real layman's terms how to upload a picture on here, I'll post a picture of the interview now the magazine has moved on an issue.
There's some interesting comments on his time (ending) with the Sisters.
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Mothra wrote: 26 Jun 2021, 17:52
Damian wrote: 27 May 2021, 13:55 There's a nice two page spread including an interview with Chris in this month's Classic Rock magazine (the one with Led Zeppelin on the front)...
If any one can remind me in real layman's terms how to upload a picture on here, I'll post a picture of the interview now the magazine has moved on an issue.
There's some interesting comments on his time (ending) with the Sisters.
Host it somewhere & then use the insert image option to insert it into a post.
:)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Not really a surprise imho
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Look, that makes sense. Von built a career in the 1980s and early 1990s, then got chewed up and spat out by the music industry. Like anyone, Chris seems to have been was hungry to create something original and long-lasting, and the Sisters wasn't really going to be the vehicle for him to do the same.

Eureka Machines is where he channeled that creative enthusiasm and there's some great work in there. It's a shame that Chris is a musician out of time. Had the EMs been around in the 1990s, I've no doubt they'd have been super commercially successful. But the music industry has eaten itself.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

"It was like he didn't really want to do it" says it all really.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Swinnow
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 10:38 "It was like he didn't really want to do it" says it all really.
Fazackerley, as they say in the 'Criminal City'.