Floodland: The collect them all thread

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Gaijin
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Driven has 5 variants! Good song that - I expect it'll get some extra love over the next while.

The small moment of a difference here or there is also found elswhere - More was the subject of such add-ons too. Curiously there was a clue in the wavs, the remixes are inverted.
"All God's children give good phone,
I called Jesus He's not home... "
DomConway
Filth

Feel like I need to create my own "Ultimate Floodland"with my favourite versions of all the songs reading all this!
the only thing to fear is fear itself
Gaijin

The Wea 87 tape that I referred to has been dug up and I realise that I had my facts about Driven wrong. There is a version (#2) that is 5'15. No Synth, no car, no internal edits.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Gaijin wrote:The Wea 87 tape that I referred to has been dug up and I realise that I had my facts about Driven wrong. There is a version (#2) that is 5'15. No Synth, no car, no internal edits.
The issue with the WEA tape transfer that was shared some time ago is it's in mono and very noisy. Difficult to trust something like that.
Gaijin

^^ True dat.
Gaijin

Another variant, but nothing unique.

https://www.discogs.com/The-Sisters-Of- ... se/2028072

The CD mix on vinyl? Yes please.
Gaijin

The 'Rough Mix' pre-release on cassette: https://www.discogs.com/The-Sisters-Of- ... e/12786214

I wonder if the so-called "College Radio Mix" is from these mixes.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

just read this thread through for the first time and congrats to all on the fabulously in-depth detective work and info.
one question: i always believed the 2006 3 album cd box set reissue version of floodland to be different from both the 87 cd and the 2015 hi-res as a result of it being remastered. certainly it is listed on discogs with different track lengths from the 87 cd. would it be possible for that to be assessed as well please?
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
DomConway
Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:just read this thread through for the first time and congrats to all on the fabulously in-depth detective work and info.
one question: i always believed the 2006 3 album cd box set reissue version of floodland to be different from both the 87 cd and the 2015 hi-res as a result of it being remastered. certainly it is listed on discogs with different track lengths from the 87 cd. would it be possible for that to be assessed as well please?
I always assumed the same. Driven on the 2006 3-CD remaster has the car noise at the start which isn't on the hi res but was on the original CD but I'm sure others know far more than me. Go team...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Eric told me he was way higher in the 2006 mix. I don't think I bothered listening to it.
Goths have feelings too
DomConway
Filth

robertzombie wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 13:43 Needledrop forthcoming :)

Gaijin has set me off on a bit of an audit. There is a spreadsheet!
Entirely possible I was underneath the rock and missed this... did the needledrop of SAM410 happen?
samplehead
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Hi,

I am just wondering if someone could share the above mentioned Tapes in the sharing section ?

As I still managed my life without facebook :-)

cheers

Jens
BillyBadBreaks(Again!)
Road Kill

I was just thinking it was a little obsessive to be delving so deep into one record, then I thought about the fact that I have umpteen versions of every album by The Smiths! :D
robertzombie
Overbomber

DomConway wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 05:53

Entirely possible I was underneath the rock and missed this... did the needledrop of SAM410 happen?
Yes. Someone has shared it on YouTube:

robertzombie
Overbomber

samplehead wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 10:32 Hi,

I am just wondering if someone could share the above mentioned Tapes in the sharing section ?

As I still managed my life without facebook :-)

cheers

Jens
I think the only tape that's been shared with something interesting on it is this:

DomConway
Filth

robertzombie wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 11:23
DomConway wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 05:53

Yes. Someone has shared it on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/waEPQOz_Ijo
Nice one but t "Video not available" sadly :(
samplehead
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

thanks Robertzombie !
Gaijin

Some additional info on the Pink Label promo: a rip of This Corrosion from this pressing was shared with me and, while it's runtime is longer (See Elon's earlier post with track times as reference), it in no way differs from the commercial LP. The runtime issue originates from a speed variance on the source deck.

Sadly no other tracks seem forthcoming at this time but by working backwards with math on the shared track and stated runtimes the other tracks also match the commercial release. Should the whole LP be made available I actually anticipate no 'new' discoveries.