Gift reissue plus extras

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
mh
Above the Chemist

DomConway wrote:
mh wrote:the Norman Cook remix of Finland Red
Joke right? Or did I miss something?
Not a joke, this comes from the James Ray interview at https://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=8601
Q) Do demos or unreleased tracks exist for Gift, or the single version of Giving Ground?
A) There is a Norman Cook (pre-Fat Boy Slim) mix of Egypt/Finland (I think it's that one).
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Gaijin
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Maybe there'll be some Slaughterhouse demo's - surely the GG demo is from '85.
"All God's children give good phone,
I called Jesus He's not home... "
mandrake
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I am curious about this. Though,question begs, why re-release something that was essentially a revenge album to stop a certain somebody to use the name? Which really is now a cult- ish cd with some stonking tracks shrouded in mystery. Will everyone be credited this time ;) What will be the extra tracks and by re-releadsng it will it loose the revenge edge it had? Still,I will probably want this.. :)
Rise891

Maybe due to everything else being re-released ad nauseam
I am NOT in the cool club
ww23
Road Kill

Cadiz Music Facebook now says 'LP, CD'.
The '2LP, 2CD' is gone....

I also remember huge delays and production problems with the Cadiz Music New Model Army documentary film DVD.
DomConway
Filth

ww23 wrote:Cadiz Music Facebook now says 'LP, CD'.
The '2LP, 2CD' is gone....
:cry:
the only thing to fear is fear itself
Pat
Slight Overbomber

The '2LP, 2CD' is gone...
Extras has also gone.
DomConway
Filth

Pat wrote:
The '2LP, 2CD' is gone...
Extras has also gone.
:cry: :cry:
the only thing to fear is fear itself
Pat
Slight Overbomber

The flyer from The Roundhouse doesn't mention 2lps or 2cd or extras either. Should have paid more attention .
mandrake

Pat wrote:
The flyer from The Roundhouse doesn't mention 2lps or 2cd or extras either. Should have paid more attention .
But the first post here does show 2 cd. So...a dead bird already...[/img]
czuczu
Overbomber

Could easily do original album on one disc with only a couple of extra tracks on the second disc..
All about the packaging innit.
Gaijin

Ha Ha - Cadiz Music just went from heroes to zeros.
theyoungbrain
Road Kill

I'm curious what colour the coloured vinyl will be... black?
blood instead of rain...
Gaijin

^^ Midnight Black or Electric Black would be my guess too.
czuczu
Overbomber

Marbled - Finland Red & Egypt White ;)
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Anyone who registered interest in this should be receiving an email anytime now, just got this update:

Hello Everyone!

Many thanks for registering your interest in the above forthcoming release....

Other than what we have already tweeted/facebooked etc we have no further information to give you at this time. We will hopefully have more to tell you in a few weeks.

For those of you that have said which format you would like, I'm afraid we cannot take pre-orders yet. Once we have it set up on our shop (Vive Le Shop) we can but this may not be for a while.

As I'm sure you're aware, the Sisters are really busy with their tour until late November so the album probably won't get released until late in the year or early next year. Nothing is set in stone except that it will happen! Fear not.

I will of course send you further news as and when I know more but in the meantime please check our f.b. page, follow us on twitter or check into our shop - all details below.

Many thanks again for your interest.
Soon.
Hedge & all at Cadiz
Pista
Cureboi

There's a piece in slicing up eyeballs about this.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Phantasmagoria
Road Kill

Latest tweet from Cadiz confirms a tasty remastered limited edition colour vinyl, signed by Von.

"Coming soon from Cadiz
The Sisterhood - Gift
Remastered from the original tapes.
Ltd Ed Numbered Coloured LP Signed by Andrew Eldritch
Also as:
Limited Edition Digipack CD, Cassette & Digital Download
#TheSistersOfMercy
#AndrewEldritch
#TheSisterhood
#Gift"

No mention of a double LP or anything new, but will still be quite a nice collector's piece.
Pista
Cureboi

Since expressing interest in the Gift release & making it clear I wasn't interested in any of their other stuff, they regularly hit me with mail shots trying to hawk some crap or other.
Another thing. Their twitter account has been suspended.
Are we certain this wasn't all a big fib? Especially given the typos on the original announcement.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:Since expressing interest in the Gift release & making it clear I wasn't interested in any of their other stuff, they regularly hit me with mail shots trying to hawk some crap or other.
Are we certain this wasn't all a big fib? Especially given the typos on the original announcement.
Well that's not good. :eek:

But then there were the promo flyers at the merch stand at the Roundhouse gigs, they must have been approved?
Being645
Above the Chemist

Charlie wrote:
Pista wrote:Since expressing interest in the Gift release & making it clear I wasn't interested in any of their other stuff, they regularly hit me with mail shots trying to hawk some crap or other.
Well that's not good. :eek:

But then there were the promo flyers at the merch stand at the Roundhouse gigs, they must have been approved?
The GIFT release postcards were also spread in Cologne and Utrecht, so most likely at all the European gigs.

I've received their newsletter as well ... and unsubscribed... will see what comes of it once the tour is over.
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

Definitely real, but I'm getting annoyed about the e-mails too.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

To be fair didn't they say that they were still working with Andrew on it and since the girls are still touring I'd be surprised if there was any news on it before mid 2020...but yeah I get the Suzi Quatro emails too, though again if you don't sign up to something like that you might miss out when it does come out I suppose.
The Chancer Corporation
Pista
Cureboi

abridged wrote:but yeah I get the Suzi Quatro emails too, though again if you don't sign up to something like that you might miss out when it does come out I suppose.
That's my concern too. If I unsubscribe, then that's going to result in no updates whatsoever
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

If at least one person stays subscribed, they can then pass on any news in this thread ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell