Gift reissue plus extras

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
deckard303
Road Kill

57th week of Cadiz promising via their e-mailout that, "We're working on it... we really are" and they have FINALLY managed to put the apostrophe in the correct place. Does that count as progress?
Moderate Mick
Road Kill

Let’s hope the apostrophe is progress as I’ve just got an iTunes voucher for my birthday!
DomConway
Filth

Anyone else notice Cadiz have dropped this from their update emails now?! Ah well…
the only thing to fear is fear itself
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

DomConway wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 10:37 Anyone else notice Cadiz have dropped this from their update emails now?! Ah well…
This was always basically a joke. Besides, once they tour again they'll be even less time to "work" on it...
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
DomConway
Filth

I enquired with Cadiz after posting that, and they have told me it’s definitely still happening, they are still just waiting on AE pulling his finger out.
the only thing to fear is fear itself
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

DomConway wrote: 21 Jun 2021, 22:03 its definitely still happening, they are still just waiting on AE pulling his finger out.
Since Von hasn't pulled his finger out in the last thirty years I think it's unlikely to be "definitely still happening"
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
czuczu
Overbomber

He's hand carving the stamper - attention to detail ;)
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

DomConway wrote: 21 Jun 2021, 22:03 I enquired with Cadiz after posting that, and they have told me it’s definitely still happening, they are still just waiting on AE pulling his finger out.
according to certain sources 'da ickle baby cheeses'' second coming will be happening any day now.......just as soon as he manages the first coming....ahh! gorgonzola!!!
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Moderate Mick
Road Kill

Any one sent any messages to Cadiz showing them the BBC sessions release!
Electrochrome

I just realized this thread started in September 2019...! Not even the excessive downtime during a global pandemic can generate a Gift reissue,,,
Pista
Cureboi

It's never going to happen is it?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Electrochrome

Pista wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 18:38 It's never going to happen is it?
No way. I'm not a gambler, but I would bet on this one. Would love to see it happen, but I can't possibly see what could motivate Eldritch to spend time on this.
Dan
Overbomber

I reckon they'll eventually release it (2022/2023?) but as the standard album we all know without any extras.
eastmidswhizzkid

Dan wrote: 31 Aug 2021, 14:51 I reckon they'll eventually release it (2022/2023?) but as the standard album we all know without any extras.
there simply isnt anything extra to add is there ? the other 2 versions of Giving Ground. some other unfinished demos maybe....a new reissue would be a good thing for those who havent got it and dont want to pay a fortune for a copy. both my vinyl copies would be happier if there was heavy gm copy new off the presses.

Electrochrome

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 16:50
Dan wrote: 31 Aug 2021, 14:51 I reckon they'll eventually release it (2022/2023?) but as the standard album we all know without any extras.
there simply isnt anything extra to add is there ? the other 2 versions of Giving Ground. some other unfinished demos maybe....a new reissue would be a good thing for those who havent got it and dont want to pay a fortune for a copy. both my vinyl copies would be happier if there was heavy gm copy new off the presses.
What's the last "official" product (re-issue, vinyl or CD or whatever) that AE was involved in? Hard to believe he'd get out of bed to make a deluxo Gift release. I COULD see a lazy, limited release of the original five tracks, no extras. Just putting it back in print for a while. But don't bet on it.
eastmidswhizzkid

Electrochrome wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 21:54
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 16:50
What's the last "official" product (re-issue, vinyl or CD or whatever) that AE was involved in? Hard to believe he'd get out of bed to make a deluxo Gift release. I COULD see a lazy, limited release of the original five tracks, no extras. Just putting it back in print for a while. But don't bet on it.
i daresay it was the overbombing album or shot rev 2.0. i have never beleived this gift bollocks anyway

Dan
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 16:50 there simply isnt anything extra to add is there ?
Well, the full length Never Land and that very early version of Some Kind Of Stranger came totally out of the blue, so we really don't know what else exists.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

IIRC didn't Eldritch say that the record company had bodged "Never Land - Full Length" together themselves out of bits of outtakes?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

I think he said "one song" had been so compiled, and we've since assumed it was Never Land on the basis that it couldn't really be anything else.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
GC
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 09:30 IIRC didn't Eldritch say that the record company had bodged "Never Land - Full Length" together themselves out of bits of outtakes?
They did a good job. I like it.
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

mh wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 10:20 I think he said "one song" had been so compiled, and we've since assumed it was Never Land on the basis that it couldn't really be anything else.
Could it be Long Train? :innocent:
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Husek wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 15:25
mh wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 10:20 I think he said "one song" had been so compiled, and we've since assumed it was Never Land on the basis that it couldn't really be anything else.
Could it be Long Train? :innocent:
Hahahahahaha
Hahaha

Ha
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Dan
Overbomber

Could it be the long version of This Corrosion, since there are so many versions.
oneiros
Road Kill

[quote=GC post_id=697238 time=1630958692 user_id=1306]
[quote=markfiend post_id=697215 time=1630917025 user_id=433]
IIRC didn't Eldritch say that the record company had bodged "Never Land - Full Length" together themselves out of bits of outtakes?
[/quote]

They did a good job. I like it.
[/quote]

Me too; it's replaced the 'fragment' on my audio server's copy of Floodland.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm sure he was talking about one of the previously unreleased tracks on the rerelease CDs a few years ago - the set in which it was originally labelled "Visioin Thing". So it's either the full-length Never Land or the early version of SKOS.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell