NEW SONGS!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

ribbons69 wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 10:36
Wilkstein wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 19:31 I'd love to hear Halford sing This Corrosion.
I'm sure it would be better than Meatloaf's Godawful butchering of "More" .
OMG thanks for reminding me :lol: :urff: :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
iesus
Overbomber

Wilkstein wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 19:31 I'd love to hear Halford sing This Corrosion.
I'd like to hear-see an AE-Halford Duo singing on stage :notworthy: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Eighthcircle
Road Kill

"THERE'S A DOOR" added to the list
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Okay this is getting silly. What’s the point of a seemingly never ending list of song titles?

Is he just trying to make a statement - “see, I can write songs!’ Or does he intend to actually perform 20 new songs in rotation?

Actually, maybe that’s it? Maybe he intends to spend a few years touring the new songs without no intention of recording them?
Swinnow
Overbomber

Todashi wrote: 20 Mar 2021, 16:24 Actually, maybe that’s it? Maybe he intends to spend a few years touring the new songs without no intention of recording them?
Pretty much the same as every year since 'Under The Gun' then.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
sultan2075
Overbomber

Swinnow wrote: 20 Mar 2021, 16:33
Todashi wrote: 20 Mar 2021, 16:24 Actually, maybe that’s it? Maybe he intends to spend a few years touring the new songs without no intention of recording them?
Pretty much the same as every year since 'Under The Gun' then.
:D

Honestly though, there's a degree of stubborn perversity to Von's approach to the whole thing that I find strangely admirable (as much as I'd like a new record).
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

It would be interesting, perverse and flippant to play two well-known songs and only new unknown, never released. Even though it'll never happen.
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Do you not think, after years and years of having your life's work analyzed again and again, having small ideas taken to the extreme by media and the fans, and generally being considered an icon for an identity you don't associate with, that it might be quite entertaining to watch a whole bunch of people (and possibly, in his eyes, the reason he's terrified to make any motions) lose their minds over the smallest thing?
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Pista
Cureboi

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 20 Mar 2021, 20:52 Do you not think, after years and years of having your life's work analyzed again and again, having small ideas taken to the extreme by media and the fans, and generally being considered an icon for an identity you don't associate with, that it might be quite entertaining to watch a whole bunch of people (and possibly, in his eyes, the reason he's terrified to make any motions) lose their minds over the smallest thing?
Entertaining isn't a word I'd use.
Trolling might fit better at this stage
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

That would be very Eldritch to do something like this (dying hair, loud shirts, now like a metal band outlook), but I guess it's too much fuss for him, too much to learn, for no reason at all - he have nothing to prove, nor to gain.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 20 Mar 2021, 20:52 Do you not think, after years and years of having your life's work analyzed again and again, having small ideas taken to the extreme by media and the fans, and generally being considered an icon for an identity you don't associate with, that it might be quite entertaining to watch a whole bunch of people (and possibly, in his eyes, the reason he's terrified to make any motions) lose their minds over the smallest thing?
whatever the reason everybody -to varying degrees- DOES lose their minds over the smallest thing. not just the smallest thing that he does- this Cadiz /Gift Reissue bollocks is still generating interest 18 months after the first flyers were seen in London. if that was just some idiots idea of a wind-up (and i still cant see any other motive if it is fake) then what did that cost them? a few quid on flyers. my point is all of us "would like..." so we invest whatever we want to emotionally into anything that doesn't outright kill that hope off. and sometimes things are more than we really hoped for or expected -the slew of new new songs since Dylan joined made me very happy even if they are never recorded/released...just try not to be TOO disappointed and it's fine. to quote Phil Lynott "it's alright to lose your heart but never lose your head".
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Wilkstein
Road Kill

paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Awaits Mary's song with interest
Goths have feelings too
copper
Amphetamine Filth

Well, Chris said back in 2011 that they'd have more New-new songs besides Arms & Still - just that they hadn't found the time to play them yet.
eastmidswhizzkid

copper wrote: 26 Mar 2021, 21:14 Well, Chris said back in 2011 that they'd have more New-new songs besides Arms & Still - just that they hadn't found the time to play them yet.
Chris is a veritable song-writing machine...and .Ben writes stuff for several projects so i dont imagine the fault lies with anyone but Andrew. 1995 anybody?

Swinnow
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 01:07 Chris is a veritable song-writing machine...and .Ben writes stuff for several projects so i dont imagine the fault lies with anyone but Andrew. 1995 anybody?
FALAA anybody? Rinse and repeat, same as it ever was.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
fractalsister
Road Kill

With the announced songs of the new line-up approaching twenty, I find it interesting that another Leeds band just posted that they have twenty new songs ready for release in 2021: Soft Cell.

We have had Ofra Haza and Terri Nunn as duet partners to Andrew; wouldn't Mark Almond be fantastic?
Being645
Above the Chemist

fractalsister wrote: 04 Apr 2021, 22:10 [...]
We have had Ofra Haza and Terri Nunn as duet partners to Andrew; wouldn't Mark Almond be fantastic?
... ((( ... :eek: :eek: ... ))) ... please no... Image Image Image ...
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: 04 Apr 2021, 23:49
I don‘t think so either. I love Marc Almond, but him and Von? Um, no! :|
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Von would kill for a version of something's got a hold of my fart..
Goths have feelings too
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Icon wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 09:51
Being645 wrote: 04 Apr 2021, 23:49
I don‘t think so either. I love Marc Almond, but him and Von? Um, no! :|

agreed.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
eastmidswhizzkid

personally cannot stand mr almonds voice. :urff: lets go one worse and have Feargal Sharkey & Eldritch duetting... :urff: :urff: :urff: :urff:

copper
Amphetamine Filth

The song, We Are On This Plane, reminds me of a vid Ben uploaded a while ago.

It was shot on a plane, feat. Ben & a very tired Ravey Davey, who says something like, 'We are all going to die...!'

Davey gets existential while hungover and suspended in flight, Ben records some of it, Von delights and writes a verse, Ben posts the vid to the unsuspecting world?
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Reminds me of the way that Frank Zappa would turn offhand quips from his band into songs, eg. "Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?"
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
rivum
Road Kill

markfiend wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 11:30
ribbons69 wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 10:36
I'm sure it would be better than Meatloaf's Godawful butchering of "More" .
OMG thanks for reminding me :lol: :urff: :lol:
yikes I had never heard of this and decided to google it. I lasted about 30 seconds which is time I'll never get back....