Chris Catalyst Podcast Interview

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Does Chris still belong in Sisters Chat or is he for the Where Are They Now Section? :innocent:

Either way, this is a great 90 minute interview, https://anchor.fm/TheMomentOfProust/epi ... yst-ed5ltv. He goes into a fair amount of detail about why he left The Sisters, his feelings about it since etc.
panzerfaust
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

can you please TLDR why he left sisters? CBA to listen to a 90m interview
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

It's around 29:15 - 39:15, honest and good discussion about jealousy and later on inconsistency, but more as human traits with some examples about the Sisters.
Maybe somewhere else as well, haven't heard all 90 minutes..
mh
Above the Chemist

Touring schedule conflict, pretty much what was previously reported. Andrew wanted to tour, Chris wasn't available, simple as that - no drama, no walk-outs, no hissy fits, relations appear to still be good.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Given that Chris lent an amp to the Sisters on the last tour, I think we can take it as read that relations are still fine.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

markfiend wrote:Given that Chris lent an amp to the Sisters on the last tour, I think we can take it as read that relations are still fine.
:notworthy:

He also talked a bit about how he was perfectly willing to help Dylan work out the songs, and similar stuff.

He did mention a bit of argy-bargy between Von and himself at one point, but it was a 15-year relationship and who doesn't have a bit of argy-bargy in one of those?

All in all, no drama, no fighting, no falling-out, didn't leave the band in the lurch and was willing to help with the transition - that's the proper way to leave a band. :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Indeed... :notworthy: ... and he described his feelings when he went to see the band play in Leeds this year. Hihi, no wonder ...

It's somewhat as irritating ... :innocent: ... as being at a corporate function of a company one has long been an essential part of until shortly ... :lol: ...
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Yeah, this is a really enjoyable listen, and no trace of genuine bad feeling from Chris. Comes across as a nice fellah.
From watching his Lock-down gigs, though, it seems his time off the booze didn't last long.
:D
🎵 Good times come to me now 🎶
BillyBadBreaks(Again!)
Road Kill

I found a couple of interviews with Chris on YouTube - very interesting stuff