Gegen Nazis t-shirt

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
abraxas
Road Kill

Surely now, in these interesting times , is the point the band should reinstate the Sisters gegen Nazis t-shirt ?
Still one of the pesky kids
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I like your thinking :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
abridged
Slight Overbomber

I had to stop wearing it back in the day because strangely everyone thought it WAS a Nazis supporting shirt. :eek:
The Chancer Corporation
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

abridged wrote:I had to stop wearing it back in the day because strangely everyone thought it WAS a Nazis supporting shirt. :eek:
I got that once as well (although not from a particularly intelligent person): "who are the Gegen Nazis, then?"

Still, it gave me a chance to explain.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:
abridged wrote:I had to stop wearing it back in the day because strangely everyone thought it WAS a Nazis supporting shirt. :eek:
I got that once as well (although not from a particularly intelligent person): "who are the Gegen Nazis, then?"

Still, it gave me a chance to explain.
In the end I figured that getting beat up for the wrong reasons was just a bit too ironic even for a Sisters shirt! :wink: Mind you I remember getting prayed at in a New York subway carriage when wearing the Jesus shirt. The scary thing was that when the women praying said 'Amen' the rest of the people in the carriage repeated it! I know I'm evil but only a little! :wink:
The Chancer Corporation
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The last time I wore my "Jesus loves The Sisters" t-shirt someone saw the "Jesus loves..." bit, came over to ask what it was...

...and seemed quite disappointed that it wasn't "...pies" :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

abraxas wrote:Surely now, in these interesting times , is the point the band should reinstate the Sisters gegen Nazis t-shirt ?

Absolutely. This shirt is obviously never out of date ... *sigh... and should always be available ... :D ...
ruffers
Overbomber

My wife's said the same thing about mine more than once.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Unfortunately i can see how that can happen, some people (basically just some ignorant chav types!) will just zone in on the word Nazi.
They literally need the message spelling out to them, perhaps we need an 'idiot proof' version of the shirt too! :lol:
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I have a shirt that says, "Build THIS wall" and has a picture of the white house on one side and a church on the other.

People think I want to build the wall in Mexico.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Charlie wrote:
Unfortunately i can see how that can happen, some people (basically just some ignorant chav types!) will just zone in on the word Nazi.
They literally need the message spelling out to them, perhaps we need an 'idiot proof' version of the shirt too! :lol:
I remember getting stopped in Munich the day after The Ladies had played the Superbang tour. My leathers had the Sisters Gegen Nazis patch on the right shoulder and a Manx triskele on the left. Since the fuzz could only see my left side from the street they saw the 3 legs and assumed AWB or similar. Hence the stopping. I showed them the other sleeve - being German it was was perhaps more apparent to them what "Gegen Nazis" meant. Turns out that one of them was both a biker and a Sisters fan, so we quickly got things sorted.

But people here have stopped me and asked if I was a nazi - presumably the image of a massive fist smashing a swastika doesn't resonate.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Pista
Cureboi

There's a petition to try to get the t shirt re-printed
tweet

petition direct linky
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
ROBBIE

Pista wrote:There's a petition to try to get the t shirt re-printed
tweet

petition direct linky
With all the terrible atrocities in the world it is nice to see someone has time to think of the really important things in life... :roll:
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
Being645
Above the Chemist

ROBBIE wrote:
Pista wrote:There's a petition to try to get the t shirt re-printed
tweet

petition direct linky
With all the terrible atrocities in the world it is nice to see someone has time to think of the really important things in life... :roll:
... :lol: ... signed. We all need feeding, expression, transition ... ;D ... and, IMHO, that is nice way to offer some...
Zacharias

Taking a stand against racism is always important, no matter how you do it.
Burning 'cross the breeze.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Zacharias wrote:Taking a stand against racism is always important, no matter how you do it.
Word :notworthy:
—Bertrand Russell
godgirl

Zacharias wrote:Taking a stand against racism is always important, no matter how you do it.
esp when TSOM get to profit from it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
Being645
Above the Chemist

godgirl wrote:
esp when TSOM get to profit from it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, I'd call it a win-win, rather ... ;D :lol: ... and esepcially given this pretty petition that has now reached around 300 signatures ... within 3 days ...

Thinking of pledgers on Pledge Music that could also be an incentive ... to the decade-long yearned for advantage of ... everyone ... :lol: ...
iesus
Overbomber

Same happened to me every time i wore it. This t-shirt need redesign to be more clear its message. :roll:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Zacharias

People are idiots. Not the design. ;D

I remember when I was in 9th grade or something like that and donned a "Nazi punks f**k off" arm band (from the Dead Kennedys 7") on my jacket and a teacher reacted against the CROSSED OVER swastika. Sigh. :roll:
Burning 'cross the breeze.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

I get some strange looks for my "gegen nazis" pin badge, because they don't understand what "gegen" means and the word "nazis" is more prominent than the fist punching the swastika :(

I wish the badge said "against nazis".

I also have a "st pauli fans gegen rechts" st pauli tee with the fist

but tbh I tend not to wear that in situations where it could be misunderstood or cause offence (e.g.: when I'm going out for a meal!).

Although I DO make sure to wear it in situations where I want to cause the right sort of offence (e.g.: on demos and marches) ;)

the swastika on the tee is obscured by the first tbh, and most people in the uk don't understand what "gegen rechts" means. its far less obvious than "gegen nazis".
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
eotunun
Overbomber

There is shadow under this red rock
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

I have one of those. Had it few a couple of years...

Last year at Infest some woman asked me why I hated New Zealand so much. I thought it was hilarious as it hadn't occurred to me prior to that :D :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
iesus
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
I have one of those. Had it few a couple of years...

Last year at Infest some woman asked me why I hated New Zealand so much. I thought it was hilarious as it hadn't occurred to me prior to that :D :lol:
Better that than call you the other thing :wink: ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."