Book: Waiting For Another War

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

In honor of Sisters Day, there is a short interview up on Post-Punk about the book:

https://post-punk.com/a-history-of-the- ... _qLFE7iay4

Happy birthday Sisters!
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Very nice interview, I enjoyed that
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Yeah, thanks for that, really interesting.
Surprised to hear that people have said your dissection of Eldritch's personality comes across as too critical. It seems to me you pretty much hone in on his drive and vision for what The Sisters needed to do to become The Sisters.
Anyway, who wants a sympathetic Eldritch? Doesn't mean we don't love the prickly old curmudgeon.
Icon
Road Kill

Thanks for linking to the interview.
To me the description of Andrew Eldritch in your book was very balanced and definitely not overly critical. Like you, Trevor, I always admired those traits of character and tried to adhere to them myself. He actually comes across as a likable and interesting, multifacetted person. The curmudgeon-thing strikes me as somewhat recent. Well, maybe 15 years or so!?!
I really sometimes wonder why I put up with this again (for example NOTHING on Ruby Tuesday...) :(
I’ve been too disappointed to to keep on following the Sisters before, but l‘ve come back, as we all do sooner or later. :wink:
Mr Curmudgeon :von: , you better be a bit more forthcoming to us or else... :twisted:
Anyway. Can‘t await reading Volume II of your book! :D

And thank you, Trevor, for sharing some of your experiences around the times of the attack on the World Trade Center in your interview. It‘s unimaginable from watching the whole thing in front of a TV. I‘m really glad your life is so much better now!
OLDFART
Amphetamine Filth

Enjoyed reading that , thanks for putting it up Trevor :D
bismarck

MrChris wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 23:39
Very nice interview, I enjoyed that
OLDFART wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 18:13
Enjoyed reading that , thanks for putting it up Trevor :D
Thank you.
sam donut wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 06:12
Anyway, who wants a sympathetic Eldritch?
Right! Good point.
Icon wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 17:49
And thank you, Trevor, for sharing some of your experiences around the times of the attack on the World Trade Center in your interview.
Thanks. I've gotten more than a few private messages like this too. It's not quite a surprise, but it's nevertheless interesting, how many Sisters fans were touched directly by 9/11. Something I'd never exactly thought of before.
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
bismarck

I decided to put up a short post in the (nearly-defunct) "Updates" section of the website about writing the book during 9/11, which is a part of the post-punk interview that has resonated more than I expected:

https://www.gkwfilmworks.com/sisters-updates
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck