Book: Waiting For Another War

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PV wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 00:33
my first post here in 15 years as a member is to congratulate Trevor

you really created something beautiful

back to incognito until 2035...
Many thanks, honored.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Could everyone reading this whose packages are still in transit please email me at trevor (at) gkwfilmworks.com?

I've sent a lot of books after the first rush and they all seem to be arriving quickly. At this point I would like to run the trackers to see if all or some parcels from one particular mail drop have been delayed for some reason, and the best way for me to do that is to search through PayPal.

So please drop me a note and let me know the email address you used for PayPal payment. I will try to get some clarity on it. Thank you.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

Been reading this book, and i'm absolutely loving every bit of it so far but one thing that had me confused is that the author makes it seem like Marx, and Eldritch came up with the graphic design for their singles era stuff. IIRC didn't they commission a local graphic designer in Leeds to do the work? Think I read that on the Sisters 1980-1985 FB group.
:twisted: One more band Rejected :twisted:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i believe the newer 90s version of the MR head was a commission:

andrea white
https://www.discogs.com/artist/2294383-Andrea-White

but am pretty sure the original was just them

gary once told me a story of a young andrew sitting in leeds library for hours, pouring over books of typosets, playing with letraset, and piecing together ideas to create the band's original branding (apparently he once suggested a very pointy, heavy germanic typeface but gary rejected the idea instantly).

he doesnt explicitly say (from what i recall) that eldritch got the head and added a star himself, but it's strongly alluded to because of the level of creative direction and responsibility andrew had over everything else.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
OLDFART
Amphetamine Filth

Just finished this and it was a brilliant read :notworthy: