The Freestylers riffing Dominion

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Pista
Cureboi

This was just on the radio.
At first I thought they'd just sampled the sax from Dominion but listen on.....
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
ruffers
Overbomber

Pista wrote: 10 Dec 2020, 09:16 This was just on the radio.
At first I thought they'd just sampled the sax from Dominion but listen on.....
Excellent. Almost feels like new material... (not really)
Is this new?

Answered my own question there https://www.discogs.com/Freestylers-Hap ... e/16327674
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

hah!
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I quite liked it. I kept expecting it to go somewhere, and it didn't. But it's nice to think of young bods dancing to it somewhere.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
mh
Above the Chemist

I'm enjoying the idea of :von: getting sufficient royalties from this that he can put off releasing anything himself for a few more decades. I look forward to hearing it among the cheesy dancefloor stuff at a party sometime soon.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

'kin awesome 8)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

If there aren't significant royalties being paid on this, then it's pretty shameless.

I like it though. Very retro beat.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

not the freestylers' best tbf

their first album is incredible

for eg

this one feels a bit pedestrian - as @MrChris says, it doesn't really go anywhere
mh
Above the Chemist

Quiff Boy wrote: 10 Dec 2020, 17:18 not the freestylers' best tbf
Is this the part where I say "if they're going to be inspired by a Sisters song they should have picked YCBTO"? :twisted:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Swinnow
Overbomber

mh wrote: 10 Dec 2020, 13:52 I'm enjoying the idea of :von: getting sufficient royalties from this that he can put off releasing anything himself for a few more decades. I look forward to hearing it among the cheesy dancefloor stuff at a party sometime soon.
Didn't he flog off his rights to most of the old stuff prior to the Rhino re-releases?
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Pista
Cureboi

Swinnow wrote: 10 Dec 2020, 17:38
mh wrote: 10 Dec 2020, 13:52 I'm enjoying the idea of :von: getting sufficient royalties from this that he can put off releasing anything himself for a few more decades. I look forward to hearing it among the cheesy dancefloor stuff at a party sometime soon.
Didn't he flog off his rights to most of the old stuff prior to the Rhino re-releases?
I was thinking the same. But, even so, shouldn't he be credited on the discogs page as a writer?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Pista wrote: 10 Dec 2020, 17:54 I was thinking the same. But, even so, shouldn't he be credited on the discogs page as a writer?
Defo
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Bonksi
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote: 10 Dec 2020, 17:18 not the freestylers' best tbf

their first album is incredible

for eg

this one feels a bit pedestrian - as @MrChris says, it doesn't really go anywhere
I totally agree, the first album is a blinder for sure, Every time I played it in my branch of Our Price I would sell at least one copy (which wasn't bad for a small market town store).

The second album was way more reggae/ dub/ dance hall than the 1st's electro/ hip hop/ breaks sound, but still a strong album, the third was pretty much bad drum n bass ish/ breaks stuff, with a few good tunes

I can't think of anyother band that have released 3 completely different sounding albums at all.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I gave up on them at this point as they made some real bad house stuff.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

@Bonksi :lol:

love that first album's electro breaks. all the soul sonic force and public enemy stuff sounds amazing even now.

i have the third one too. yuk.

i never got the second (no idea why!) but might give it a whirl based on that recommendation :)
Bonksi
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote: 10 Dec 2020, 23:08 @Bonksi :lol:

love that first album's electro breaks. all the soul sonic force and public enemy stuff sounds amazing even now.

i never got the second (no idea why!) but might give it a whirl based on that recommendation :)
Its such a shame they have gone all housey now, great muscians/ producers, just bad taste in music, well , different to mine. If you loved the first album, you will like the second, I hope that you do anyway.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Bonksi wrote: 11 Dec 2020, 09:09
Quiff Boy wrote: 10 Dec 2020, 23:08 @Bonksi :lol:

Its such a shame they have gone all housey now, great muscians/ producers, just bad taste in music, well , different to mine. If you loved the first album, you will like the second, I hope that you do anyway.
this one?

Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Anyone else got this track on repeat? I really like it.

That said, it should be called 'Dominion (Happiness edit)' A good half to two thirds of the track is Dominion.
Bonksi
Amphetamine Filth

@Quiff Boy Thats the one