#todaystshirt / sisters wardrobe

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
edu
Road Kill

By chance I found this summer pista's twitter wearing great tshirts and tagging his tweets with #todaystshirst.

I though this could be a reason to jump out the bed every morning during covid lockdown/WFH. I started taking pictures of myself (and also thanks to kendwarocks for the backs) every morning and tweeting them.

Once I had the pictures I thought it would be great to keep the pics and make an inventory of the tees as I have for vinyls, CDs and other memorabilia. Like a stamp collector.

This may have been one of the few good things of 2020 to keep in my memory.

Pista
Cureboi

That is an awesome collection :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Spectacular stuff! :D
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Good work.
Here's mine, apologies for the Photobucket watermarks.

https://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20581
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Being645
Above the Chemist

Impressing ... :D :notworthy: ...
DJElectricDaddy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

Wow!! Most of my T-shirts are from the 80s and as such are consigned to the “threadbare and for souvenir only” drawer

Although my son did by me a bootleg MR Head & Star T-shirt in fetching dayglo green for Xmas. The fact he new enough about my love for the Sisters and the label genuinely touched me
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
ruffers
Overbomber

Blimey.

Are there any missing or is that a complete collection? Thinking official only obviously, clearly you're missing the one in my avatar.

:lol:
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
abridged
Slight Overbomber

ruffers wrote: 08 Jan 2021, 11:45 Blimey.

Are there any missing or is that a complete collection? Thinking official only obviously, clearly you're missing the one in my avatar.

There's a few Reptile House ones that ain't there. The Vision Thing grey lyrics one, the Andy Warhol soup can/cross one for instance. But a very impressive list nonetheless.
The Chancer Corporation
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

No.
Even if you collate my pictures with Edu's there are shirts missing. The white Birmingham 1992 for instance .
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"

we fall to rise
czuczu
Overbomber

Loads of 90-93 shirts missing from the above - quite a few event shirts for festival shows and the back prints often evolved as dates were added etc.
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

ribbons69 wrote: 08 Jan 2021, 11:49

No.
Even if you collate my pictures with Edu's there are shirts missing. The white Birmingham 1992 for instance .
I bought the white 92 one at the NEC Birmingham. Sadly I have no idea where it disappeared to :(
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
edu
Road Kill

I am open for donations with the missing ones to complete the pictures :innocent: :lol:
Wilkstein
Road Kill

That's an amazing collection. No doubt about it.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

edu wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 15:49 I am open for donations with the missing ones to complete the pictures :innocent: :lol:
At one point I had around 80 shirts and hoodies but I needed the money at certain points in my life and sold a lot of them. Ruffers has a couple in his collection I believe..
I'm down to twenty odd, mainly ones from tours that I actually went to and a couple of old favourites.

we fall to rise
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

I remember a Sisters shirt I had with some lyrics "Subliminal Message" in white and some other text in black (on black background). Haven't seen it elsewhere... so is it rare? I guess it still in a wardrobe at my parents. Have to dig it up.
Kurbythegreat
Amphetamine Filth

Wow. That is an impressive collection. You've got some beauties in there! And I thought I had a lot... The bulk of mine are early - mid nineties with a few bootlegs and later shirts. I posted my collection some years ago.
Great seeing what you have. Thanks for sharing!!
"We left you sleeping. Now we are sleeping with you. Don't wake up."
ruffers
Overbomber

Peter KJ wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 19:59 I remember a Sisters shirt I had with some lyrics "Subliminal Message" in white and some other text in black (on black background). Haven't seen it elsewhere... so is it rare? I guess it still in a wardrobe at my parents. Have to dig it up.
Necro thread..

Heroin
Satan
f**k

I got one recently of t eBay, maybe it's yours.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

ruffers wrote: 03 Feb 2024, 21:39
Peter KJ wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 19:59 I remember a Sisters shirt I had with some lyrics "Subliminal Message" in white and some other text in black (on black background). Haven't seen it elsewhere... so is it rare? I guess it still in a wardrobe at my parents. Have to dig it up.
Necro thread..

Heroin
Satan
f**k
this reminded me ...
...so now i own this

Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Guessing VT with lyrics is hard to come by? Only seen one other.

Who else has that one?
Goths have feelings too
Andy TG
Overbomber

Wow that is a very impressive collection of Sisters T-Shirts. I thought i had a lot and now i am most envious. Ive been thinking about doing a similar showcase myself. And now you have given me the inspiration
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
FireInReptileHouse

These are all fantastic what a collection
I wish there was a way of reprinting some of those classic tour shirts, the only resales are nowhere near my size
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
Andy TG
Overbomber

FireInReptileHouse wrote: 14 Mar 2024, 00:46 These are all fantastic what a collection
I wish there was a way of reprinting some of those classic tour shirts, the only resales are nowhere near my size
Also IF you do find vintage tour t-shirts online, and not just Ebay they are asking for silly and rip off amounts of money. There was a Bootleg RAH 85 shirt on Esty selling for £950.00! Almost a grand for a bootleg T-shirt!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
FireInReptileHouse

Andy TG wrote: 15 Mar 2024, 01:51
FireInReptileHouse wrote: 14 Mar 2024, 00:46 These are all fantastic what a collection
Also IF you do find vintage tour t-shirts online, and not just Ebay they are asking for silly and rip off amounts of money. There was a Bootleg RAH 85 shirt on Esty selling for £950.00! Almost a grand for a bootleg T-shirt!
Honestly I hadnt seen that but that is absolutely unbelievable!!! I wonder if I found a way to get the images of the shirts isolated if I could print replicas, I'd absolutely love to. Honestly Id even be tempted to pay some of the prices for the vintage ones if they came in my damn size!!
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
ruffers
Overbomber

Let's not confuse "selling for" with what people actually pay..
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

getting them laser-printed as one-off wont cost you more than a score. that includes the t-shirt.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: