RSD BBC Sessions release

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Swinnow
Overbomber

....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
czuczu
Overbomber

£6.99 - that's the price I've been waiting for :)
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

this release has been haunting my dreams -which i take exception to. £6.99 for rthe CD will do me!
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Pista
Cureboi

Swinnow wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 12:13 CD version next month....

https://www.crashrecords.co.uk/products ... -pre-order
Bonus: No pops, clicks, silly coloured plastic, & iffy labels :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Pista wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 12:48 Bonus: No pops, clicks, silly coloured plastic, & iffy labels :D
Does this make it the "Galaxy version" in contrast to the vinyl "Aero version"?

I'll get me coat....
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

CellThree wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 19:50 Just bought mine. $29.99! I was going to leave it when I saw the UK prices, but decided to call around to our local record stores here and one of them still had a copy.
Yes, people on Dominion also say the US price is significantly lower than the UK one. Rather a shocking state of affairs that.

I've ordered the CD!

Marge xxx
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
Todashi

I still find it weird that there are 'new' Sisters releases without the band having anything to do with them.

Nothing on the website, on twitter etc. It sits badly with me. But hey, at least SOMETHING is happening.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Todashi wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 14:31 I still find it weird that there are 'new' Sisters releases without the band having anything to do with them.

Nothing on the website, on twitter etc. It sits badly with me. But hey, at least SOMETHING is happening.
Could someone ask Gary, Craig or Wayne for a comment regarding the release and any approvals given/saught. History suggests a more straightforward answer may be forthcoming.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Well I've been in self-isolation so missed record store day. Luckily Crash Records in Leeds had some extras available mail-order so I have one of those incoming. I can hardly miss the first new Sisters record in 28 years can I?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

A few vinyl copies still available at www.musiczone.ie
GC
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 15:02 Well I've been in self-isolation so missed record store day. Luckily Crash Records in Leeds had some extras available mail-order so I have one of those incoming. I can hardly miss the first new Sisters record in 28 years can I?
Just ordered the CD.... and I'm very happy and excited. First thingy since the Rhino remasters and I act like a little boy on Christmas Eve... :roll:
Todashi

Crash Record's site was showing that its presale was sold out earlier today, but I just got a mail to say the pre order was back in stock. (Yeah, I don't know how that happens either. Hopefully it means they're getting big demand for it.)

Anyway, if you were looking for a CD copy of this, it's possible to preorder again.
Pista
Cureboi

Todashi wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 12:27 Crash Record's site was showing that its presale was sold out earlier today, but I just got a mail to say the pre order was back in stock. (Yeah, I don't know how that happens either. Hopefully it means they're getting big demand for it.)

Anyway, if you were looking for a CD copy of this, it's possible to preorder again.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

They’ve also just confirmed they do international shipping on it. 👍
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Swinnow
Overbomber

This'll be the first Sisters release I have bought from Crash, all the old 7" and 12" singles were bought at Jumbo back in the day, must admit to a feeling of disloyalty :lol:
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Swinnow wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 13:38 This'll be the first Sisters release I have bought from Crash, all the old 7" and 12" singles were bought at Jumbo back in the day, must admit to a feeling of disloyalty :lol:
Ah Jumbo? A blast from the past! Do you remember Bad, near the Railway Station? Used to sell bootlegs etc. Last thing I bought there was a Drug Free America 12 inch I think! :D
The Chancer Corporation
Swinnow
Overbomber

Yeah, I remember the downstairs room at BAD, with the dodgy C90's lol. There was also Gerol's, in the Merrion near Jumbo, that had vinyl bootlegs occasionally.

Jumbo is now back in the Merrion, at the Phono end.
nomad
Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 12:30
Todashi wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 12:27 Crash Record's site was showing that its presale was sold out earlier today, but I just got a mail to say the pre order was back in stock. (Yeah, I don't know how that happens either. Hopefully it means they're getting big demand for it.)

Thanks for the heads up - just pre-ordered the CD! :notworthy:
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Amazon now listing it as well £5.99 but buy local first.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Quiff Boy wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 12:39 They’ve also just confirmed they do international shipping on it. 👍
Indeed, and they charge only half as much as RoughTrade in international postage !!! How comes ...
Swinnow
Overbomber

Being645 wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 16:57 Indeed, and they charge only half as much as RoughTrade in international postage !!! How comes ...
Well, northerners do it better, without fail :lol:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Swinnow wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 17:07
Being645 wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 16:57 Indeed, and they charge only half as much as RoughTrade in international postage !!! How comes ...
Well, northerners do it better, without fail :lol:
... and the Crash Records people were absolutely lovely, when I visited the shop in 2011 ... :D ...
Swinnow
Overbomber

Being645 wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 17:19 ... and the Crash Records people were absolutely lovely, when I visited the shop in 2011 ... :D ...
I must say that back in the olden days of cheques and postage stamps staff at both Crash and Jumbo were brilliant at posting out gig tickets when work took me all over Europe. It was done largely 'on the quiet' for those who knew and usually for just the cost of the stamp. Above and beyond.
Big Si
School Bully

Thanks everyone. Paid for the Vinyl from Monorail Records after 7pm when RSD was over and am still waiting for them to confirm when I can go in and collect it. CD now Pre-Ordered from Crash :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
czuczu
Overbomber

Genuine question, having had a go at copying the house MR style, why haven't Warner given this an MR cat number? Feels like a missed opportunity