Totally Insane fb

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Very well said! I stand corrected. Haha. X
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 23:41 Very well said! I stand corrected. Haha. X
:lol: Elitism is hopefully dead, but irony clearly isn't!
iesus
Overbomber

May i interrupt to something that i was curious and hesitate to ask before. Is the tea towels the same as that we call kitchen towels in mainland europe? ;D
:innocent: :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Pista
Cureboi

iesus wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 23:58 May i interrupt to something that i was curious and hesitate to ask before. Is the tea towels the same as that we call kitchen towels in mainland europe? ;D
That is correct :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Pista wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 06:20
iesus wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 23:58 May i interrupt to something that i was curious and hesitate to ask before. Is the tea towels the same as that we call kitchen towels in mainland europe? ;D
Thank you very much sir :notworthy: :notworthy: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 17:48 You guys just come off as very judgemental. Not trying to be confrontational, but just like... be aware of how you treat others, and why it is that you feel these people are lesser than you for enjoying the same thing but in a different way.
Elitism isn't dead.
Well, I'd hate anyone to feel hurt (and I'm not sure if you're relating your comment to me specifically).

But . . . there's just something about that turn of phrase that really annoys me. It's like, we're ALL the Sisters of Mercy? When clearly we're not. But hey, people should be happy and if posting the This Corrosion video every day and saying Hello Sisterrrrs! makes people happy, then I can shut up and internalise my annoyance. Apologies.
iesus
Overbomber

Actually if other than bot, meaning a real person keep posting TC YT video every day with the message "Hellooo Sisterssss!!" is not in the category "Annoying", that tends to be more part of the "Creepy - Terrifying - Horrifing - Alarming" category :innocent: :lol:
No confrontation, judgemental etc meaning in this. Just a neutral observation :notworthy: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
robertzombie
Overbomber

Anyway, does anyone else think Eldritch is married? I noticed he wears a wedding ring and I don't think it's been mentioned before. I really need to know.
Silver_Owl
The Don

robertzombie wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 12:37 Anyway, does anyone else think Eldritch is married? I noticed he wears a wedding ring and I don't think it's been mentioned before. I really need to know.
He used to be gay when he was in The Merry Thoughts.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

iesus wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 07:16
Pista wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 06:20
Thank you very much sir :notworthy: :notworthy: :bat:
So what is Kitchen towels called in Europe? ;-) I don't mind the endless videos or the speculation from young/new fans. It's the 'you can't be a proper goth because....' from people old enough to know better that irk me. Or I hate (insert band member as appropriate) because of things that occurred over three decades ago. Or the abuse of Patricia though some people who were on here didn't exactly cover themselves in glory on that account either.
The Chancer Corporation
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

abridged wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 13:15It's the 'you can't be a proper goth because....' from people old enough to know better that irk me.
Hmmm. I wonder now you've said that, if the person I was interacting with thought that I meant "you can't be a goth if you like the smiths". It would be a fair accusation of "elitism" if someone said that.

But it wasn't what I said. The Smiths were never a "goth" band (whatever that means). At least, they were never associated (as far as I know) with the goth "thing" at all while they were a going concern. Certainly none of the "goth nights" I went to in the 80s or 90s would ever have played them either.
abridged wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 13:15Or the abuse of Patricia though some people who were on here didn't exactly cover themselves in glory on that account either.
No. The "she didn't play on the records" stuff is pure sophistry on Eldritch's part, and I wish people would quit it.

As for the "fat" "jokes", well they're just plain offensive.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

The Smiths are to goff what The Cheeky Girls are to womens lib.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Swinnow
Overbomber

You do realise that facebook has an off switch. It's a little used tactic that works with other g*bsh*tes and wind up merchants like Farage and Hartley-Brewer too.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
abridged
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 13:44
abridged wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 13:15It's the 'you can't be a proper goth because....' from people old enough to know better that irk me.
Hmmm. I wonder now you've said that, if the person I was interacting with thought that I meant "you can't be a goth if you like the smiths". It would be a fair accusation of "elitism" if someone said that.

But it wasn't what I said. The Smiths were never a "goth" band (whatever that means). At least, they were never associated (as far as I know) with the goth "thing" at all while they were a going concern. Certainly none of the "goth nights" I went to in the 80s or 90s would ever have played them either.
abridged wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 13:15Or the abuse of Patricia though some people who were on here didn't exactly cover themselves in glory on that account either.
No. The "she didn't play on the records" stuff is pure sophistry on Eldritch's part, and I wish people would quit it.

As for the "fat" "jokes", well they're just plain offensive.
Wonder why anyone think the Smiths were goth? Maudlin perhaps but not goth. Though I would have loved to have been there when they played on the same bill as the Sisters! I do like the Smiths though I don't listen to them as much as I used to. Morrissey going off his head hasn't helped either.
The Chancer Corporation
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Hello Sisters fans everywhere

Goths have feelings too
paint it black

Pretty cool resource I just found wouldn't it be great if there were a Wikipedia of sisters stuff. Like this site :notworthy:

http://www.lak.co.za/pib/
Goths have feelings too
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

a sisters wiki, you mean? :o

genius!
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Swinnow
Overbomber

abridged wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 15:52 Wonder why anyone think the Smiths were goth? Maudlin perhaps but not goth. Though I would have loved to have been there when they played on the same bill as the Sisters! I do like the Smiths though I don't listen to them as much as I used to. Morrissey going off his head hasn't helped either.
Thinking back to nights out in early 80's Leeds. If we were 'dancing' rather than 'drinking' we'd be at the Uni Thursday Bop, the Saturday Poly Disco, the Phono early in the week or the Warehouse if we felt rich after the Fav at the weekend. The Smiths were rarely, if ever, played as it tended to get too frantic and violence usually ensued. We'd also hit Brannigans or Scrumpies but they were mostly heavy rock places in those days and Leeds rockers didn't dance, they'd just headbang. The Phono was obviously the 'gothiest' in those days but nobody really called it goth, it was just alternative. They'd play new wave, punk, rock and 70s sleazy cheesy stuff as the bogs flooded. I'd hate to think that was the inspiration for Floodland.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
paint it black

Swinnow wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 19:50
abridged wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 15:52 Wonder why anyone think the Smiths were goth? Maudlin perhaps but not goth. Though I would have loved to have been there when they played on the same bill as the Sisters! I do like the Smiths though I don't listen to them as much as I used to. Morrissey going off his head hasn't helped either.
Thinking back to nights out in early 80's Leeds. If we were 'dancing' rather than 'drinking' we'd be at the Uni Thursday Bop, the Saturday Poly Disco, the Phono early in the week or the Warehouse if we felt rich after the Fav at the weekend. The Smiths were rarely, if ever, played as it tended to get too frantic and violence usually ensued. We'd also hit Brannigans or Scrumpies but they were mostly heavy rock places in those days and Leeds rockers didn't dance, they'd just headbang. The Phono was obviously the 'gothiest' in those days but nobody really called it goth, it was just alternative. They'd play new wave, punk, rock and 70s sleazy cheesy stuff as the bogs flooded. I'd hate to think that was the inspiration for Floodland.
I remember the good old days when if you rocked up in leeds in a Man United shirt you got your head kicked in, and even if you didn't and just rocked up in Leeds, probability was youd get your head kicked in leaving the station. Fun times. The Banshee, phono, planet x... All dives in hindsight, but they were our dives.
Goths have feelings too
Pista
Cureboi

paint it black wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 19:10 Pretty cool resource I just found wouldn't it be great if there were a Wikipedia of sisters stuff. Like this site :notworthy:

There is. It's here
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 21:56
paint it black wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 19:10 Pretty cool resource I just found wouldn't it be great if there were a Wikipedia of sisters stuff. Like this site :notworthy:

There is. It's here
You're joking. But there is indeed a wonderful Wikipedia page, even in several languages ... :D ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sisters_of_Mercy
paint it black

Being645 wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 22:37

There is. It's here
You're joking. But there is indeed a wonderful Wikipedia page, even in several languages ... :D ...
Wow! Cool :bat: :bat: I'll show my mom
Goths have feelings too
paint it black

paint it black wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 23:18
Being645 wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 22:37

There is. It's here
Wow! Cool :bat: :bat: I'll show my mom

She likes Dominion and Ribbons best
Goths have feelings too
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Silver_Owl wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 14:02 The Smiths are to goff what The Cheeky Girls are to womens lib.
The Smiths were always rubbish though.

Apologies to Robert Zombie.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

robertzombie wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 12:37 Anyway, does anyone else think Eldritch is married? I noticed he wears a wedding ring and I don't think it's been mentioned before. I really need to know.
There was a bonkers reply to that the other day where someone opined that "I always thought Andrew wore a wedding ring as an ironic metaphor for possession and the validity or otherwise of relationships in the modern age" or something akin to that at least. Which obviously shattered my long held opinion that it was his Mum's and he'd added it to his Goff jewellery collection.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise