Totally Insane fb

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Unbelievable what I read on one of The Sisters Facebook groups. Someone asked "Would You date someone who didn't Like The Sisters?"

A few replies were NO! :roll:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol: I once got called "elitist" for saying that The Smiths weren't goth, I think that was on one of the Sisters groups. I tend to try to avoid them these days.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

My husband hates The Sisters. But that's fine, I don't like his taste in music. :lol: :lol:
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

My Partner calls us "DIRTY OLD GOTHS" I just take everything in good humour. Sisters, Mish and Him Included!! :lol: :von:
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 10:44 :lol: I once got called "elitist" for saying that The Smiths weren't goth, I think that was on one of the Sisters groups. I tend to try to avoid them these days.

Some of these fb groups are very worrying and totally "Bonkers"
Swinnow
Overbomber

elamanamou wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 12:22
So true, they even make the wilder HL flights of fancy look sane. :lol:
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Being645
Above the Chemist

Swinnow wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 12:29
elamanamou wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 12:22
So true, they even make the wilder HL flights of fancy look sane. :lol:
... :lol: ... the insane pack have wandered off to FB ... :twisted: :lol: ...
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Sadly it's taken all seriously - Makes one think "Get A Life" :lol:
abridged
Slight Overbomber

It's the nothing was good after 1985 (or 83 even) thing that tends to get me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it's not gospel. Also there a few that still take the Sisters / m*****n thing far too seriously. I prefer this place. We usually stay on the right side of sanity. Except for those that dunk their biscuits obviously. 😉
The Chancer Corporation
Pista
Cureboi

abridged wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 15:58 Except for those that dunk their biscuits obviously. 😉
Hey!
I resemble that remark.
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

abridged wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 15:58 ......it's not gospel.....
WORD :notworthy:

Buy that man a doughnut x
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

abridged wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 15:58 It's the nothing was good after 1985 (or 83 even) thing that tends to get me.
Meh. N00b. They went sh1te after Ben Gunn joined.

:lol: Madness isn't it?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 16:38
abridged wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 15:58 It's the nothing was good after 1985 (or 83 even) thing that tends to get me.

I was a huge fan in the early days, then they did a Genesis and let the drummer sing. I lost interest after that.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Silver_Owl
The Don

ribbons69 wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 17:37

I was a huge fan in the early days, then they did a Genesis and let the drummer sing. I lost interest after that.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Silver_Owl wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 17:46
ribbons69 wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 17:37

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: ... hell, yes. That was the full damage done ....
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

DON'T. GET. ME. STARTED. .... :evil: :evil: :evil:

!!C.U.N.T.S.!!
apart from all the hate (which is amazing to me as there's not enough hours in the day even for a lazy workshy bastard like me to spend as much time as i could on the things i LIKE let alone actively spend time on the many things i dont ....even if i could be arsed ) i find myself once again attempting not to act in an elitist fashion but the fact is this : as Chris Catalyst said so succintly in reply to my question regarding there being Sisters fans who weren't intelligent "What i am saying is there are Sisters fans who aren't Heartlanders...". and by fukc there really are...
NOW i dont deny these people are fans or say they dont have the right to adore the band as much as they want....but they dont operate on the same level as we do.
i dont mind talking till the cows come home about our favourite beat combo but tedious repetition kills the mind and i cant be arsed -but end up so-doing anyway- correcting all the errors and misinfo posted or answering all the FAQ's of the boring kind but the FB admin should! surely that is their single purpose! but oh no- all they do is post more misinfo and tell ME i'm wrong....when i wasnt. (obviously). fukc them and the horse they rode in on.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
eastmidswhizzkid

so over in the murky puddle of bottom-fed Sisters love that we know as 'the FacePond (T)SOM Group'* Amoeba A posted a link to UTG...assorted amoebae dribbled dilute hate-flavoured bile on UTG and EMWK said: "i' ll bet you an English zloty that all the things you hate most about the song are the very things i like best about it. I guarantee it". A previously uninvolved (and unevolved) member 'Pieter Pondlife' then replied to me with "and?" ...to which there is no answer. not one fully capable of torrentially downpouring my scorn in such deluges that these c**t dissolve and fade...not one i can be arsed to write ...and then have to dumb down to their silty gravelly mud-splat of an inkling-less level. so f**k em . i aint having a fucktard report my name and give me aggro (thus forcing me to make another account etc in the only name i am prepared to use) and so i have unfollowed them. Not the 80-85 group or any of the others just the bottom-feeders club.. The FB TSOM Group has for me become "people we dont talk to" & i feel better already. no wonder Andrew hates the fanbase (not Heartlanders natch).
:hl: :von:

*the initial for the definite article is bracketted in line with their inability to use ti in conjunction withe band s name

Silver_Owl
The Don

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Avoid social media. :bat:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The thing that gets me down the most about the FB group is that you're guaranteed that someone will post one of the (very small number of) official Sisters videos.

Every.

Single.

Day.

Does any of them think that they're sharing something new? What is the point?
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 10:08 The thing that gets me down the most about the FB group is that you're guaranteed that someone will post one of the (very small number of) official Sisters videos.

Every.

Single.

Day.

The aquatic single-celled organism metaphor holds here as well....Goldfish: "Oh look! There's a castle!"........"Oh look! There's a castle!" etc

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 10:08 The thing that gets me down the most about the FB group is that you're guaranteed that someone will post one of the (very small number of) official Sisters videos.

Every.

Single.

Day.

Heellloooo Sisterrssss !!! Ultimately, I suppose that there are different kinds of Sisters fans and the different FB groups and this forum cater for some of those groups. In a typical (touring) year, the band play to at least 250K people but none of the social media groups has more than fifteen thousand members, and this Forum has only ever had 4000 (mainly inactive) members. The band itself has an embarrassingly outdated website and a Twitter feed which flickers into life only when there tickets to sell. As long as they do (sell), I suspect nothing will change and that Lucretia video will gets its nth daily posting on the largest Sisters fan group ...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

What FaceBook group? Seems I need to join urgently

Meanwhile
Goths have feelings too
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Quiet catchy.
Goths have feelings too
eastmidswhizzkid

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 19:53

Every.

Single.

Day.

Heellloooo Sisterrssss !!! Ultimately, I suppose that there are different kinds of Sisters fans and the different FB groups and this forum cater for some of those groups. In a typical (touring) year, the band play to at least 250K people but none of the social media groups has more than fifteen thousand members, and this Forum has only ever had 4000 (mainly inactive) members. The band itself has an embarrassingly outdated website and a Twitter feed which flickers into life only when there tickets to sell. As long as they do (sell), I suspect nothing will change and that Lucretia video will gets its nth daily posting on the largest Sisters fan group ...
the 1980-85 group is a different beast. it's for connoisseurs aand its an historical interest group so very little "The Sisters Are Shit And Eldritch Is A Cunt" content. . Phil doesnt even mind me being in there now it seems :lol:

Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Every.

Single.

Day.

That's why I not following, unsubcribe from getting any notifications - too much garbage on my wall.