What?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

The Chancer Corporation
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I've just seen it on the 80-85 FB group. I didn't think any legitimate company would risk selling bootlegs....but apparently it's not exactly unheard of.
I wonder what Andrew would think about it.
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Hasn't there been a change in copyright law where if a recording is over 25years old and it's never had an official release in 25years, the person who recorded it is allowed to release it. Not 100% sure but I think there was a thread on here somewhere. There had been a spate of Bob Dylan boots released officially and then withdrawn after an hour to reset the clock for another 25 years. I think Pink Floyd have done the same.
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pat wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 21:05 Hasn't there been a change in copyright law where if a recording is over 25years old and it's never had an official release in 25years, the person who recorded it is allowed to release it. Not 100% sure but I think there was a thread on here somewhere. There had been a spate of Bob Dylan boots released officially and then withdrawn after an hour to reset the clock for another 25 years. I think Pink Floyd have done the same.
There must be something to that. If you look on Amazon for The Doors you'll find a whole bunch of kind of legit-looking (European?) releases of live shows (Seattle 1970, the PBS show, etc). If anyone knows more, please post...
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

if that is the case we need to be extra vigilant with how and who we share....or what? i'm too tired to think about it now but wtf? :? :urff:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
iesus
Overbomber

I remember i had seen Sisters boots also in amazon about at 2016-2017 :?
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Electrochrome wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 16:01
Pat wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 21:05 Hasn't there been a change in copyright law where if a recording is over 25years old and it's never had an official release in 25years, the person who recorded it is allowed to release it. Not 100% sure but I think there was a thread on here somewhere. There had been a spate of Bob Dylan boots released officially and then withdrawn after an hour to reset the clock for another 25 years. I think Pink Floyd have done the same.
There must be something to that. If you look on Amazon for The Doors you'll find a whole bunch of kind of legit-looking (European?) releases of live shows (Seattle 1970, the PBS show, etc). If anyone knows more, please post...
As I mentioned in the Facebook thread, Amazon sell loads of Metallica bootlegs, and if Lars' lawyers haven't taken an interest then maybe there is nothing they can do about it.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
mh
Above the Chemist

Coincidentally, I'd noticed that a bunch of Front 242 shows from 1987 to 1991 just recently appeared on the various streaming services as well - and now I'm wondering if the same explanation is behind those.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

ribbons69 wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 09:52

As I mentioned in the Facebook thread, Amazon sell loads of Metallica bootlegs, and if Lars' lawyers haven't taken an interest then maybe there is nothing they can do about it.
thats a very valid point.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: