Gary Marx Gives Ghost Dance II His Blessing

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Anne Marie Hurst is about to begin recording new material for an imminent Ghost Dance release. sadly founder Gary Marx /Mark Pearman wont be involved although he has given his blessing for the band to use the Ghost Dance name.

Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

EEK! :eek:
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Intriguing to see them back in action after a tumultuous few years! It would be a miracle from heaven to see Gary on stage again but I fear that ship has long since sailed.
eastmidswhizzkid

timsinister wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 12:22 Intriguing to see them back in action after a tumultuous few years! It would be a miracle from heaven to see Gary on stage again but I fear that ship has long since sailed.
sad to say you are probably (undoubtedly) right. nevertheless i wish Anne Marie all the best. from personal conversations ive had with one of her band members they seem to have her back at least.

vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
eastmidswhizzkid

Obviously i wish Anne-Marie every success with whatever she does, but without Mark's songwriting I doubt it will be anything spectacular. And live it wont be anyhing like seeing Ghost Dance. it was the total chemistry betwen Marx & AM as well as the gestalt of the band.