Facebook stuff...all pondlife filtered out!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Being645
Above the Chemist

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 11 Apr 2022, 05:00
Being645 wrote: 11 Apr 2022, 03:41 However, FB is clearly not for me. I don't want to go there.
you dont have to my dear. i will do it for you/us all. :kiss:
Yess ... ;D :kiss: :notworthy: ...

Btw, returning to topic ... don't you think anyone should give Dylan a white Sisters sticker for his guitar ... :D ...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Ben Christo wrote:Ace weekend playing Hills of Rock, Bulgaria! Blagodarya to such a great festival team & to all of you wonderful folk for making it so memorable.

With Gibson, Kemper Amps, PICKME-custom_DE & Rotosound Music Strings, playing my custom BC Firebird, created by 'Ravey' Dave Creffield.

#thesistersofmercy #sistersofmercy #thiscorrosion #templeoflove #lucretiamyreflection #floodland

Pic: the awesome Dimitar Aleksov Photography
— in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
eastmidswhizzkid

Dylan Smith on insta: pic from Hills of Rock! Bulgaria

Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

iesus
Overbomber

someone posted in fb ;D :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Being645
Above the Chemist

Dr. Moody wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 22:52
Thank you for posting ... :) ... never seen before... :) ...
Dr. Moody

Icon
Amphetamine Filth

Dr. Moody wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 16:58
I’ve never seen those before! Thank you very much! :D
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Great little interviews, cheers for the heads-ups Doc :notworthy: Tony James is well funny :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid

Ben Christo wrote: Ready to rock Rock Your Brain Festtonight, with my good man Sir Dylan Smith! #thesistersofmercy #sistersofmercy #lucretiamyreflection #floodland #visionthing #templeoflove with Gibson, Rotosound Music Strings & Kemper Amps. PIC: the brilliant Виктория Вучева
— in Sélestat.

Dr. Moody

Ollie Conraculix shared a link.

Just stumbled over this documentary on Hyde Park Osnabrück, where the Sisters played in November 1984 (a YT link for the audio was just posted.) Now here's the sensation. watch from 50:30. Only a minute, but maybe we can hope there is more?
eastmidswhizzkid

New guitarist Kai's Insta post saying "hi ...honoured" etc. (or as much as i could screenshot what with not being on insta myself)

eastmidswhizzkid

A very nice version of the photo from the above insta post. your friendly (not friendly) neighbourhood (WhizzWorld) Whizzkid is a fucking digital pirate par excellence when he chooses to wake up. :roll: :twisted:

eastmidswhizzkid

This -what i am about to tell you- is why you all should be on Facebook. Not simply because you wouldnt then need me to bring you these tidbits from the murky depths of mediocrity but so that YOU TOO can experience the shit end of the fanbse in its natural habitat.
So: on FB theres the sisters 80-85 group for historians collectors and elitists. yes, theres a fair amount of poor cunnts who are missing out on 40 years of Merciful Good Things by their tiny brains seriously refusing to allow them pleasure post-RAH. f**k 'em theyre not important. Then there's Fritzel's page (Tom Riddler's Ribbons -TSOM art and 16 year old teenage girl appreciation Reich) a couple of less interesting TSOM (insert time period) groups and then there's The Pond. By which i mean the common denominator "Facebook Official Sisters Of Mercy Group" which isn't official nor accurate in its nomenclature ommitting as it does the Definite Article.

My Heartland and FB-SOM are diametrically opposed. as far apart as 2 things can be when they share & are joined by a common thing that both presumably recognise as being the thing it is but definitely would describe all and every thing aboiut that thing differently. When i say HL & FB-SOM i mean of course the section of the Sisters fanbase indiginous to each place. HL is to FB-SOM what The Sisters are to ....everyone else. ok, bad analogy...
We're the Camambert to their knob cheese. We're the 24 hour orgy of Sex n Drugs n Rock n Roll to their 2 minute shame-wank listening to the shipping forecast on a broken AM radio with a bent aerial and dying batteries. We are the Holiday Of A Lifetime on a seductive Pacific island to their being fitted-up with a suitcase full of smack at bangkok airport and finding yourself on deathrow in a Thai jail.
We are the Miracle of Existence in all its beauty and wonder to their uncooked shellfish piella followed by s**t your guts out for 3 hours whilst simultaneously spewing up anything that hits your stomach, so you end up torn between the agony of vomitting non-stop or not drinking water and therefore dry-retching in agonising and endless misery. you get the picture.

So this pic here reproduced for your delectation is from a post on said FB-SOM group that goes something like this: Members of that group have posted these. The language, the level of IQ (UIQ?) the very un-Heartlandness of them....it's shocking.

Kai's website link here

i mean i can go pick a fight with a fucktard on the street then at least it can descend into physical agression which as i am an old man may or may not be a level fight. but verbally 'mixing it' with f**king amoeba is beneath me. AND i have to listen to the cunnts!! cunnts who say things like
" i have never seen the sisters before last night and was pleasantly surprised BUT wouldnt they be so much better with a real drummer? it would blah blah blah -
oh f**k off you cunnts! :lol:

eastmidswhizzkid

Chris Catalyst: You're Heartlanders aren't you?
Me: yeah, how do you know?
Chris: Because you are intelligent
Me: are you saying that there are Sisters fans who AREN'T intelligent?
Chris: ....no, i am saying that there are Sisters fans who aren't Heartlanders...

Fallon
Road Kill

Given that the last thing the rather shameful "Do non-binary and/or non-confirming people exist and if so, are they human beings?" bad-faith 'debate' needs is another basically-white, basically-straight, basically-male person weighing in, I'll keep it fairly superficial:

Beats the absolute hell out of me how anybody could be a fan of The Sisters Of Mercy, or take even the most passing interest in Andrew Eldritch's perspective on things, or claim to 'get it' on any meaningful level at all, and still think that it's okay to query or concern oneself with another's gender identity beyond "I hope that person's gender identity makes them feel alright and happy and comfortable and I hope they're getting by".

But the other really silly thing about all this, is that I don't really think that Kai's look has anything to do with their sex or gender in the first place, beyond the fairly classic glam rock tradition of treating it like a playground to mess about in?

I'm not a fan of Esprit D'Air at all - I actually think they're quite dreadful, I'm sorry to say - but I did know that Kai was Japanese, and I did find them to be fairly recognisably participating in a movement called Visual Kei. That's a movement where individual mileage varies, but I became aware of it through my love of speed metal many years ago, because some of those Visual Kei bands (notably the famous X Japan) play a style of music I like.

Far be it from me to suggest that one can't be both visual kei and gender non-conforming/non-binary - indeed its a community which has long functioned as a safe haven for people who aren't your old-fashioned men-who-are-male and women-who-are-female - but I have to say, it genuinely never occurred to me that there was a conversation to be had about Kai's gender.

Wait till these folk learn that David Bowie was basically a bloke.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Nevermind any of that, what I wanna know is when is Ben gonna dye his hair green and identify as a Lemming? :innocent: :kiss: :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid

Fallon wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 09:04 Given that the last thing the rather shameful "Do non-binary and/or non-confirming people exist and if so, are they human beings?" bad-faith 'debate' needs is another basically-white, basically-straight, basically-male person weighing in, I'll keep it fairly superficial:

Beats the absolute hell out of me how anybody could be a fan of The Sisters Of Mercy, or take even the most passing interest in Andrew Eldritch's perspective on things, or claim to 'get it' on any meaningful level at all, and still think that it's okay to query or concern oneself with another's gender identity beyond "I hope that person's gender identity makes them feel alright and happy and comfortable and I hope they're getting by".

But the other really silly thing about all this, is that I don't really think that Kai's look has anything to do with their sex or gender in the first place, beyond the fairly classic glam rock tradition of treating it like a playground to mess about in?

I'm not a fan of Esprit D'Air at all - I actually think they're quite dreadful, I'm sorry to say - but I did know that Kai was Japanese, and I did find them to be fairly recognisably participating in a movement called Visual Kei. That's a movement where individual mileage varies, but I became aware of it through my love of speed metal many years ago, because some of those Visual Kei bands (notably the famous X Japan) play a style of music I like.

Far be it from me to suggest that one can't be both visual kei and gender non-conforming/non-binary - indeed its a community which has long functioned as a safe haven for people who aren't your old-fashioned men-who-are-male and women-who-are-female - but I have to say, it genuinely never occurred to me that there was a conversation to be had about Kai's gender.

Wait till these folk learn that David Bowie was basically a bloke.
Exactly. Like i say: pondlife. Veering towards actual human vermin at times. By no means all of that FB-SOM group are bad people but as you say; the idea that ANY fans of MY FAVOURITE BAND could be so .......CUNTISHLY IGNORANT makes me rather fuckking mad.

@Fallon : do you have copies of UTR magazine? there's an utterly astounding editorial piece in one about a Nazi EDL/NF type on the RH mailing list, who on receiving his free Sisters Gegen Nazis patch realised thet the Sisters Of Mercy may be a little-left leaning in their outlookK! it really is worth a read. :von:

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 04:58 My Heartland and FB-SOM are diametrically opposed. as far apart as 2 things can be when they share & are joined by a common thing that both presumably recognise as being the thing it is but definitely would describe all and every thing aboiut that thing differently. When i say HL & FB-SOM i mean of course the section of the Sisters fanbase indiginous to each place. HL is to FB-SOM what The Sisters are to ....everyone else. ok, bad analogy...
We're the Camambert to their knob cheese. We're the 24 hour orgy of Sex n Drugs n Rock n Roll to their 2 minute shame-wank listening to the shipping forecast on a broken AM radio with a bent aerial and dying batteries. We are the Holiday Of A Lifetime on a seductive Pacific island to their being fitted-up with a suitcase full of smack at bangkok airport and finding yourself on deathrow in a Thai jail.
We are the Miracle of Existence in all its beauty and wonder to their uncooked shellfish piella followed by s**t your guts out for 3 hours whilst simultaneously spewing up anything that hits your stomach, so you end up torn between the agony of vomitting non-stop or not drinking water and therefore dry-retching in agonising and endless misery. you get the picture.
Lee, if there weren't a few dimbulbs kicking around, we'd be deprived of rants like the one above, so frankly I'm glad they're out there :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :lol:
eastmidswhizzkid

:lol: fair enough, but i can rant until the verry stars burn out and not have to interact with amoeba. I use twatter a lot (footy manily) so lesser pondlife on FB are a doddle ...but Sisters pondlife???? shudder! :urff:

Gothicbiff

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 09:41 :lol: fair enough, but i can rant until the verry stars burn out and not have to interact with amoeba. I use twatter a lot (footy manily) so lesser pondlife on FB are a doddle ...but Sisters pondlife???? shudder! :urff:
I'm a member of the FB group too Lee. Though I contemplated leaving it yesterday. Some of the comments about Kai were deplorable
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
eastmidswhizzkid

Gothicbiff wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 11:34
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 09:41 :lol: fair enough, but i can rant until the verry stars burn out and not have to interact with amoeba. I use twatter a lot (footy manily) so lesser pondlife on FB are a doddle ...but Sisters pondlife???? shudder! :urff:
I'm a member of the FB group too Lee. Though I contemplated leaving it yesterday. Some of the comments about Kai were deplorable
i'm sort of enjoying snaring the bigots and dragging them out into the glare of their peer-groups disdain.
i just posted "i dont care what gender Kai is but i would be on it like a car bomnnet -hot as f**k! "
that will disturb a few i think. :twisted:

Being645
Above the Chemist

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 11:49
Gothicbiff wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 11:34
i'm sort of enjoying snaring the bigots and dragging them out into the glare of their peer-groups disdain.
i just posted "i dont care what gender Kai is but i would be on it like a car bomnnet -hot as f**k! "
that will disturb a few i think. :twisted:
... :lol: ...
eastmidswhizzkid

this f**ker is on very thin ice... who does he think he is?

eastmidswhizzkid

& again...this is him questioning whether i know what "Gegen Nazis" means