Rumours and half baked truths . . .

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

A recent review of the Roundhouse gigs from Vive Le Rock. Mostly what you'd expect, but wait, what's that in the last sentence?

Hmmm.

This is courtesy of Matthew Faulkner on Facebook. I've hot linked to his image file as I don't have a place to upload this.
Soz.
Swinnow
Overbomber

"...seldom played album tracks...."

*giggle*
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Depprocksfarfar

Probably as accurate as "Daryl" Smith.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Intriguing but where has Vive Le Rock heard these rumours exactly?

And yeah, who's "Daryl"? :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

A rare outing for Ribbons - it's only their second most-played song. And are the album rumours sourced from 1998?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Pista
Cureboi

Don't want to come over all grammar nazi but FFS!

Also "keyboards"
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Latest Instagram "story" (or whatever it's called) from Ben suggests he's hanging out with Ravey Davey at the moment, doesn't have to mean anything at all since they're friends but still, I like it...probably more productive things going on there as compared to the Vive Le Rock rumours :wink:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I take a long shot and suggest, the source of the "news" comes directly from the Man himself, he knows how to make the press write about TSOM so people know they're still alive and touring.
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

Wasn't there a rumor floating around that 'But Genevive' was supposed to be released as a single last year during the summer prior to the pandemic mucking everything up? Also if they were to release a new album wouldn't they have to go through WEA, or maybe the BBC sessions got them out of their contract? Who knows, it's all rather exciting though, feels like we are closer to getting a mythical 4th studio album now than ever before.
:von: Check out my Comic series: https://unhingedcomic.com/ :von:
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Nah, they’ve been free of WEA for years. I really really really hope this is true, but the rest of the review isn’t exactly 100% accurate, so…
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Pista
Cureboi

I think this review clearly explains why Von has scant regard for (most) music journalists.
They are just hacks and bloggers who attempt to piece together stuff from social media & embellish it to get clicks.
There's a published "review" of one of the 2021 Roundhouse shows that's actually a review of one of the 2019 Roundhouse shows with this year's date on it for crying out loud.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Bartek wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 19:50 I take a long shot and suggest, the source of the "news" comes directly from the Man himself, he knows how to make the press write about TSOM so people know they're still alive and touring.
You're right he's always embellished the truth and used, ahem, alternative facts to gain publicity. It's part of the game, especially nowadays, in many walks of public life.
Electrochrome

Total garbage. Back in 2002 he gave that interview to the German fan site/magazine where he talked about shopping around the majors and being shot down everywhere, even being told The Sisters were/are not a major labor band. Someone either dug that one up, or asked someone who remembered it but asking even die-hards to believe he's "shopping" a new "album" around "the majors" is insane.

But I'm glad they played that "rare gem" Ribbons!
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
Being645
Above the Chemist

Electrochrome wrote: 21 Oct 2021, 21:00 Total garbage. Back in 2002 he gave that interview to the German fan site/magazine where he talked about shopping around the majors and being shot down everywhere, even being told The Sisters were/are not a major labor band. Someone either dug that one up, or asked someone who remembered it but asking even die-hards to believe he's "shopping" a new "album" around "the majors" is insane.

But I'm glad they played that "rare gem" Ribbons!
Totally agree in all parts. "Shopping" a new "album" around "the majors" is clearly the last thing :von: would do nowadays ... rather, some music mag want to increase sales along that old road again... oh my, how boring.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

I heard he is getting a kitten so needs the cash. New lp next Jan 100% legit according to my source at the cattery
Goths have feelings too
Swinnow
Overbomber

Have the eagles been fed?
czuczu
Overbomber

It'll never happen but he could get a deal if he wanted - Johnny Marr has just re-signed with BMG and is selling way less than 50k per album. If anything his figures went down each album and he still got a deal.
sultan2075
Overbomber

czuczu wrote: 21 Oct 2021, 23:40 It'll never happen but he could get a deal if he wanted - Johnny Marr has just re-signed with BMG and is selling way less than 50k per album. If anything his figures went down each album and he still got a deal.
I don’t know why he didn’t go for one of the big independents. If Epitaph/ANTI- (to use one example) was good enough for Tom Waits and Merle Haggard, it’s good enough for him. And they probably would have been interested back then too.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 12:51 THIS
:von:
Huh. Anyone know the story of Kevin the Paleontologist of Minnesota and his libelous midi?
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
GC
Slight Overbomber

That was funny in 2000...... now it just looks like the work of a bored teenager.
GC
Slight Overbomber

alanm wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 14:58
Huh. Anyone know the story of Kevin the Paleontologist of Minnesota and his libelous midi?
They probably used "A Rock and a hard place" as background music

........... i'll get my coat
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 00:33
czuczu wrote: 21 Oct 2021, 23:40 It'll never happen but he could get a deal if he wanted - Johnny Marr has just re-signed with BMG and is selling way less than 50k per album. If anything his figures went down each album and he still got a deal.
I don’t know why he didn’t go for one of the big independents. If Epitaph/ANTI- (to use one example) was good enough for Tom Waits and Merle Haggard, it’s good enough for him. And they probably would have been interested back then too.
He didn't go for one of the bigger independent labels for the same reason he didn't switch to a different major label. Because he really doesn't want to make another record.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

GC wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 21:59 They probably used "A Rock and a hard place" as background music
I mean this was the Internet in ~2000, you are probably right.
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 17:36 Don't want to come over all grammar nazi but FFS!

Also "keyboards"
Apple Mac keyboards... PMSL :lol:

I wonder if this reviewer even left The Enterprise?