Digital Gift?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Ric220
Road Kill

Hi all and thanks for the join. I've recently been redescovering the Sisters after having been a massive fan in the 80s and 90s (assisted by Thursday nights at Nottingham's Rock City). Much of their stuff really still stands up. Only issue is that much of their recordings (pre Floodland) are pretty crappy quality. FL&A is a superb album but the sound quality isn't great and my all-time favourite Body Electric sounds muffled even on a decent stereo.
Anyway, my question is are there any digital copies of Gift or do I need to buy the vinyl / cd (plus all the equipment to play them on)? I've looked in all the obvious places but it's like it never existed! Hoping someone can help. Cheers.
Pista
Cureboi

Ric220 wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 19:32 Hi all and thanks for the join. I've recently been redescovering the Sisters after having been a massive fan in the 80s and 90s (assisted by Thursday nights at Nottingham's Rock City). Much of their stuff really still stands up. Only issue is that much of their recordings (pre Floodland) are pretty crappy quality. FL&A is a superb album but the sound quality isn't great and my all-time favourite Body Electric sounds muffled even on a decent stereo.
Anyway, my question is are there any digital copies of Gift or do I need to buy the vinyl / cd (plus all the equipment to play them on)? I've looked in all the obvious places but it's like it never existed! Hoping someone can help. Cheers.
Hello & welcome to Heartland
You'll need to buy the existing copy of Gift as it's the only one that exists currently. Although there is apparently a re-issue in the works. Make of that what you will.
As for FALAA, the 2015 hi res collection is excellent. They even managed to clean up Body Electric 1984 and remove the massive drop out :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Ric220
Road Kill

Cheers Pista. I'll have a look on Amazon music for the high res version. Surely the "massive drop out" on Body Electric was Eldritch 😊
Pista
Cureboi

Ric220 wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 21:34 Cheers Pista. I'll have a look on Amazon music for the high res version. Surely the "massive drop out" on Body Electric was Eldritch 😊
Haha.
It's on HD tracks.
I'd avoid amazon like the plague if I were you. ;)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Ric220
Road Kill

Generally I find Amazon music has pretty much anything I'm looking for although not the very rare stuff obviously. Well worth £10 per month. Wd love to hear a remastered copy of body electric - the cleaned versions of Temple etc are brilliant.
Pista
Cureboi

Ric220 wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 21:48 Generally I find Amazon music has pretty much anything I'm looking for although not the very rare stuff obviously. Well worth £10 per month. Wd love to hear a remastered copy of body electric - the cleaned versions of Temple etc are brilliant.
That could well be the reason you're finding the quality a bit crappy.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
robertzombie
Overbomber

Ric220 wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 19:32 my all-time favourite Body Electric sounds muffled even on a decent stereo.
Try the version on the CNT compilation CD. It's a copy of the master tape.