Forty years ago tonight...

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

... TSOM were originally due to have shared a stage with both The Birthday Party and Southern Death Cult (a non-event covered on the latest post on my TSOM blog https://sistersfan.blogspot.com/2022/04 ... y-and.html.

This got me thinking - what has been the best line-up TSOM has been part of during their 40+ years of live shows?
FireInReptileHouse
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

For me got to be Crystal Palace 1993 with Depeche Mode. My number one favorite band supporting my number two band.
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
mh
Above the Chemist

With UK Decay and Blood & Roses would have made my head explode.

If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Nova Rock 2006 and Belgrade Calling 2012 had pretty tasty line-ups 8)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Headlining Reading Festival 1991

amongst others:
iggy pop
sonic youth
PWEI
dinosaur jr
Nirvana
Babes In Toyland
Carter USM
The Fall
De La Soul
Blur
Neds Atomic Dustbin
The Godfathers
Nitzer Ebb
Senseless Things
Kitchens of Diastinction
Bongwater
Mercury Rev
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

FireInReptileHouse wrote: 24 Apr 2022, 21:02 For me got to be Crystal Palace 1993 with Depeche Mode. My number one favorite band supporting my number two band.
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

York racecourse :)
An
Amphetamine Filth

Arigato Nikolas for still doing Your Blog. I suppose much was said with recent books but You still find some gaps to fill.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

An wrote: 27 Apr 2022, 07:03 Arigato Nikolas for still doing Your Blog. I suppose much was said with recent books but You still find some gaps to fill.
Thank you! I took a break for the blog whilst awaiting publication of the excellent biographies by Trevor and Mark, but am back to researching the trainspotter detail of old releases and gigs. I should have a post about the cancelled Temple of Love tour up in about a week's time. I already have quite a bit of info, but if anyone has any info about that cancelled UK tour in the Autumn of 1983, please get in touch!
badge
Road Kill

Of gigs I've been too Reading is defo winner for me too, but for a single day with The Sisters headling, I really loved Lokerse Feesten 2010 with Gang Of Four and Dandy Warhols on the bill
ASPERUM AESTIMARE FIMI ALIQUID HODIE