What are the best available versions of the new songs?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Gethz wrote: 30 May 2022, 16:11 Annoys me this, been a member since god knows when, proudly sport my Heartland Forum t-shirt, purchased the Waiting For Another War book etc etc etc, met many of you at various gigs, but because of a few idiots and that I refuse to post "I agree" or similar on varous threads I can't access the new recordings.

Would be good if you could change the settings to either post count or membership duration....
To be frank, complaining that you can't get to content that other people have spent time and money to obtain (not to mention the risks of being caught taping a show) is a bit churlish. You're not entitled to any of it. And there are good reasons for hiding it from the casual internet browser.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
abridged
Slight Overbomber

You reap what you sow. Play an active part in the forum and you eventually get the goodies and for free. Seems a good deal to me and only fair. :von:
The Chancer Corporation
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Also characterising taking an active role on the board as 'post[ing] "I agree" or similar on varous threads' is a dismissive attitude that's hardly likely to win you any friends.

We did use to have a more permissive attitude towards the sharing section, but due to an increasing number of people lifting recordings wholesale and selling them on, a number of tapers simply stopped making their recordings available. That's the alternative. Either we make it a little harder to get to the recordings, or nobody gets them at all.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

I also think that you shouldn't be feeling penalized for this. Access to the Sharing section is a bonus, and by choosing to not enable that bonus for yourself, you've made your own informed decision and nothing is being taken away from you.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
FireInReptileHouse
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Most of the ebay bandits seem to have disappeared but better to be safe than sorry
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
iesus
Overbomber

FireInReptileHouse wrote: 31 May 2022, 15:19 Most of the ebay bandits
If there is any under your radar, i think we have an ebay bandit hunt thread somewhere :D :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
FireInReptileHouse
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

iesus wrote: 31 May 2022, 15:21
FireInReptileHouse wrote: 31 May 2022, 15:19 Most of the ebay bandits
If there is any under your radar, i think we have an ebay bandit hunt thread somewhere :D :bat:
not at the minute i think we erased most thanks to that thread
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us