'She's A Monster' is a good song

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
FinnMacCool
Amphetamine Filth

...I thought so anyhow! I can't believe it's had just a single airing on the current tour so far
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

It really is a total ear worm. Really odd that it was only played once. Mr Blonde's video on Youtube shows the Madrid crowd who got it basically going nuts to a song they'd never heard before, and responding with a big roar when it was over.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

i thought its not as irrelevant as black sail, but still a long way to go to make it a good one. but there even existed people who don't like you could be the one, so all good.
love is just a shot away
Yggdrasil

FinnMacCool wrote: 25 May 2022, 17:14 ...I thought so anyhow! I can't believe it's had just a single airing on the current tour so far
Agree!
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Too many words spoken too quickly
Goths have feelings too
ruffers
Overbomber

Feels like it has further to go than some of the others to be get to be finished.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

It's my favourite from this last batch, but as @paint it black pointed out, too many words, to the point our man can't even remember them
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
H. Blackrose

Rumour from "sources close to the band" is that Von has forgotten the words

Don't do speed unless you're Lemmy, kids
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
Dr. Moody

H. Blackrose wrote: 26 May 2022, 22:12 Rumour from "sources close to the band" is that Von has forgotten the words

He should get himself over to the lyrics section, try figure them out from the youtube clip, see what the rest of us have to put up with.

Also have a sneaky suspicion he was instantly repulsed by the jovial clapping and we'll never hear it again. Uh oh.
czuczu
Overbomber

He went off it when he realised some fool had actually come up with a proper bassline.
mh
Above the Chemist

Dr. Moody wrote: 27 May 2022, 15:37 Also have a sneaky suspicion he was instantly repulsed by the jovial clapping and we'll never hear it again. Uh oh.
"Bollocks, they like it. Nuns Ted, reverse, reverse!"
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Dr. Moody

Long standing company policy :lol:
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

Should have drunk-posted the lyrics on the website like the others. Caligula has a lotta words and is doing ok.

She's a Monster has promise but the arrangement reminds me a bit of the palm-muted retread of Good Things, which isn't that great...
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Could it be about Amber Heard and the lawyers have been in touch?
Being645
Above the Chemist

It's about stop talking s**t ...
paint it black

Being645 wrote: 28 May 2022, 18:08 It's about stop talking s**t ...
:? Have you listened to the lyrics? No scatology at all. It’s very clear it’s about the pickled onion flavour
Goths have feelings too
Being645
Above the Chemist

paint it black wrote: 29 May 2022, 10:52
Being645 wrote: 28 May 2022, 18:08 It's about stop talking s**t ...
:? Have you listened to the lyrics? No scatology at all. It’s very clear it’s about the pickled onion flavour
... or whatever breathe migjht come out of your mouth ... :kiss: :urff: :lol: ...
FinnMacCool
Amphetamine Filth

Todashi wrote: 25 May 2022, 18:11 It really is a total ear worm. Really odd that it was only played once. Mr Blonde's video on Youtube shows the Madrid crowd who got it basically going nuts to a song they'd never heard before, and responding with a big roar when it was over.
Exactly. There are two other videos on YouTube of the same performance but both have poor sound quality. Shame no audience recordings have surfaced. Let's hope it gets another airing at some point
FinnMacCool
Amphetamine Filth

H. Blackrose wrote: 26 May 2022, 22:12 Rumour from "sources close to the band" is that Von has forgotten the words

Just write new ones, Von. An easily solved problem
FinnMacCool
Amphetamine Filth

mh wrote: 27 May 2022, 17:24
Dr. Moody wrote: 27 May 2022, 15:37 Also have a sneaky suspicion he was instantly repulsed by the jovial clapping and we'll never hear it again. Uh oh.
"Bollocks, they like it. Nuns Ted, reverse, reverse!"
:lol:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Husek wrote: 26 May 2022, 20:52 It's my favourite from this last batch, but as @paint it black pointed out, too many words, to the point our man can't even remember them
He got a tablet with lyrics of all songs played during the gig, it's synchred with Dr. because they changed automacially. So I must be a case of not updating the set of lyrics.
The tablet is not near his mic stand but at the back of the stage.
FinnMacCool
Amphetamine Filth

I wonder whether MrBlonde, who recorded the only halfway decent version of this track that we currently have, has considered possibly trying to enhance the audio via some audio editing software
paint it black

Not only the tablet. He has a minder in the mist.
Goths have feelings too
iesus
Overbomber

I think the best known version of this is MrBlonde's one

Thank you :notworthy: :notworthy: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
FinnMacCool
Amphetamine Filth

iesus wrote: 30 May 2022, 16:30 I think the best known version of this is MrBlonde's one

Thank you :notworthy: :notworthy: :bat:
Yep, that's definitely the best one of the three on YouTube. I just wondered whether someone with audio editing skills might be able to enhance the sound a little