4 "new" Ghost Dance live videos online

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
AndreMcCabe
Road Kill

what about real player?
...meanwhile back in space
AndreMcCabe
Road Kill

videos downloaded,but did I get it right,there´s no possibility downloading "river of no return" the same way...is there another way,or can somebody help me getting it(which format ever)
Dan
Overbomber

I viewed the source code to get the links to download. Quiffy has already given you the link to one of the videos, it doesn't take a genius to work out the other 3. (Hint: Just change the last part of the url-the part containing the song title). Another way is just let the video download completely then go to start-find and search your windows folder for *.mov then copy the file to another folder.

I hate quicktime, it's such a crappy format. My quicktime player won't let me resize the window (if I do the video freezes) so I'm stuck with watching quicktime files in a crappy little window... except I have media player classic which seems to play anything. :D

Isn't quicktime a mac format? For heavens sake, mpg is an old file format and has been around for years. Hasn't anyone written an mpg player for macs yet so we can finally ditch quicktime once and for all.
</rant>
AndreMcCabe
Road Kill

the matter was that I wasn´t able to get the real player files...but this morning I got ´em...can you tell me what player is a good one?
I don´t like them all(winmedplayer,quick and the same is with real...)and how do I convert real player files into something different so that i don´t have to use my comp to listen or watch
Dan
Overbomber

AndreMcCabe wrote:the matter was that I wasn´t able to get the real player files...but this morning I got ´em...can you tell me what player is a good one?
I don´t like them all(winmedplayer,quick and the same is with real...)and how do I convert real player files into something different so that i don´t have to use my comp to listen or watch
Media Player Classic (an unofficial media player) plays almost anything except realaudio.

Real Alternative is basically Media Player Classic with the added ability to play realplayer files as well.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Media Player Classic has always played Real Media for me. :?:
AndreMcCabe
Road Kill

but what makes me listen to them without pc???or even watch and listen...!?
pikkrong
Overbomber

no success... :urff:
scotty
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:no success... :urff:
Me neither :( ,tried changing the speed Quicktime,still no joy,QB's link playes fine but will not let me save it :urff: ?.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Dark
Underneath the Rock

What I did was, with Quiffy's link:

1) Save instead of Open
2) Change the file extension to mpg from mov
3) Open with Media Player (or Classic)
scotty
Overbomber

Dark wrote:What I did was, with Quiffy's link:

1) Save instead of Open
@DARK :notworthy:.
Got QBs link to save,but can't get the others from the"Site" to do the same :urff: ?.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
AndreMcCabe
Road Kill

sorry I got another problem right now...I downloaded a bootleg (not from the sisters)...and now I see it´s not flac or whatever format I ever heard of,its "shn"-format,please can anybody help me converting it into wav or whatever...didn´t know if here´s a threat for such problems :eek:
Dan
Overbomber

AndreMcCabe wrote:sorry I got another problem right now...I downloaded a bootleg (not from the sisters)...and now I see it´s not flac or whatever format I ever heard of,its "shn"-format,please can anybody help me converting it into wav or whatever...didn´t know if here´s a threat for such problems :eek:
First link on this page. (or here just in case it's google rank changes).
Does nobody know how to use google? :wink:
AndreMcCabe
Road Kill

ogh my god,seems to be very complicated...or is it just to download the mk....?,installing ...puting tracks in and convert???I do use XP
Dan
Overbomber

scotty wrote:Got QBs link to save,but can't get the others from the"Site" to do the same :urff: ?.
Quiff Boy wrote:tried it this way?

right click and choose save as: http://www.ghostdance.co.uk/downloads/f ... arlove.mov

:?:
Dan wrote:Quiffy has already given you the link to one of the videos, it doesn't take a genius to work out the other 3. (Hint: Just change the last part of the url-the part containing the song title).
http://www.ghostdance.co.uk/downloads/video.php wrote:When I Call (~8.4mb)
Radar Love (~13.7mb)
Last Train (~8.0mb)
Celebrate (~6.5mb)
So...

http://www.ghostdance.co.uk/downloads/f ... nicall.mov
http://www.ghostdance.co.uk/downloads/f ... ttrain.mov
http://www.ghostdance.co.uk/downloads/f ... ebrate.mov

See, not exactly rocket science. :roll:
Dan
Overbomber

AndreMcCabe wrote:ogh my god,seems to be very complicated...or is it just to download the mk....?,installing ...puting tracks in and convert???I do use XP
I've no idea how you use it, it's the first one I found.

Dbpoweramp with the shn codec would probably be better but it's only a 30 day trial version.
AndreMcCabe
Road Kill

ah,but if I want to make a complete new installation of the computer quite soon and even just hope to need it this one time,it´ll be better?I do have to make the download and then install the player and seperately the codec,too...
Dark
Underneath the Rock

So to clarify:

1) Right-Click on each of these and "Save Target As" (or whatever your browser's alternative is)
When I Call
Radar Love
Last Train
Celebrate

2) Change the extensions from .mov to .mpg

3) Open and sing along

8)
AndreMcCabe
Road Kill

hello,hello,it was about getting SHN files to WAV or something like that...the videos are done since yesterday...
...yesterday all my trouble...far away....far away...
(just one question,is Eldritch the reincarnation of Lennon?...no,can´t be...)
pikkrong
Overbomber

Dark wrote:What I did was, with Quiffy's link:

1) Save instead of Open
Strange that exactly those steps I did. But Media Player refused to play it.

:urff:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

what i found strange was when i tried to download them from www.ghostdance they wouldn't play but downloaded them now from dark's links and they are fine :?

so saying, a big :notworthy: to herr marx and the quiffmeister...and dark (f**k me its gettng like an awards ceremony -off to watch t'ghosties instead!)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

5 more added... :idea: :D

http://www.ghostdance.co.uk/downloads/video.php

the video footage on these ones is only half the size of the previous 4 i'm afraid. but they're still really rather smashing :von:

also, i've jigged the order of them on the download page to match the running order posted elsewhere on the GD forum, but i've marked out the latest ones with a red "new" tag so you can spot 'em easily.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

and for those with download difficulties, here's how to get them on your pc (as per dark's post above :notworthy: ):

1) Right-Click on each of these and "Save Target As" (or whatever your browser's alternative is)
Cruel Light
Spin The Wheel
Take My Hand
A Town Called Sympathy
Heaven And Beyond

2) Change the extensions from .mov to .mpg

3) Open and sing along

:D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Danke! Image
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
scotty
Overbomber

Thanks a million 8) :notworthy: :notworthy: .