Paradiso Feb 24th.

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
My Dominion
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Hello Everybody !

The well and famous day after..... still thinking about the gig and all the other things that where going on :D

Would like to request to you who have visited the gig in Amsterdan, please send your photo's, films or and reviews to me so I can put them up on my website.

Sorry I didn't meet the lot of you !

Dinky Daisy also to you happy birthday !
Born together in the same day :D

Sorry Ozpat we didn't meet up.
Next time I must make more time but this was a special one.
So waiting until the next one.....next summer in Belgium again :D

Greetings
Bert

++++++++++++++++++++++++
In the mean while >>>>>>>>>>>>
And updated and waiting for photo's al a lot of more ......
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Hom_Corleone wrote: Also apologies for not seeing you after the gig but I couldn't find anybody and thought maybe you had all already left. :?

Peace. :P
We where outside after the gig for about half an hour, went inside to have a look for you and Simon and after we thought you had left, we went to a nice bar which name I cannot remember. They even played a Sisters song... :)

Stayed there untill about 3 am....I think. 8)
"as we walk on the floodland"
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Bahamas wrote:Thanks for this. Got my ticket for Hamberg show today. So happy days. I will book flights and train journey shortly.
Have a safe trip to Hamburg Chris.

PM soonish.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

You lot neded better organising! :lol:

Where was Debs?
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

weebleswobble wrote:You lot neded better organising! :lol:

Where was Debs?
Eh....true!

I do not think MB was there. Facebook messages and PM's by several during the past weeks remain unanswered. Hope she's fine. :roll:
17.auflage
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Found this...
Dominion
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
mh
Above the Chemist

Ozpat wrote:We where outside after the gig for about half an hour, went inside to have a look for you and Simon and after we thought you had left, we went to a nice bar which name I cannot remember. They even played a Sisters song... :)

Lux, AKA "the place with monkeys on the wall". :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

mh wrote:
Ozpat wrote:We where outside after the gig for about half an hour, went inside to have a look for you and Simon and after we thought you had left, we went to a nice bar which name I cannot remember. They even played a Sisters song... :)

Right! :D :wink:
Silver_Owl
The Don

Ozpat wrote:
mh wrote:

Damn. Sorry I missed that.
I waited for Simon in the hotel for some time before he arrived without his coat (with his passport in the pocket), he ranted for 5 minutes and then passed out on the bed. He couldn't remember any of the gig and I'm guessing he left before Crash & Burn even started. :roll: :lol:

And can I just reiterate - This was a great gig. :D

Edit - We returned to the Paradiso the next morning and recovered coat and passport. The tour bus was still there with the blackouts still down.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Ozpat wrote:
mh wrote: Lux, AKA "the place with monkeys on the wall". :D
Damn. Sorry I missed that.
I waited for Simon in the hotel for some time before he arrived without his coat (with his passport in the pocket), he ranted for 5 minutes and then passed out on the bed. He couldn't remember any of the gig and I'm guessing he left before Crash & Burn even started. :roll: :lol:

And can I just reiterate - This was a great gig. :D

Edit - We returned to the Paradiso the next morning and recovered coat and passport. The tour bus was still there with the blackouts still down.
:lol:

Good he got his belongings back!
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Just wanted to add mz tuppence...

Thought it was a fantastic gig! Great venue - was up in the gods for most of it and thought the band rocked... The good news continued, when I arrived in Haburg & my ticket for the docks was waiting on me! Cant wait for Hamburg tonight!
Rita
Road Kill

paul wrote: Some people (including myself) think it's annoying to see people going to a gig, standing there with their arms crossed whining about the bad sound, the expensive drinks and the fact that they hear a bass , but don't see a bass player ...
Not to mention the bimbos that think that they are too cool to applause... did you guys notice them as well? They are less obvious as they do wear a deodorant :lol:

I mean, why bother going to a gig with a band that you supposedly like - and then don't bother with an applause... That's just too dumb!
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Rita wrote:I mean, why bother going to a gig with a band that you supposedly like - and then don't bother with an applause... That's just too dumb!
It's my theory that for these people, everything is television... :?

One more reason to be right up front and centre, so I have my back to them at all times - and can make up for their apparent lack of enthusiasm :wink:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
paul
Overbomber

Rita wrote: Not to mention the bimbos that think that they are too cool to applause... did you guys notice them as well? They are less obvious as they do wear a deodorant :lol:
Yep, those people spend 25 Euros just to yakkidiyak for 1,5 hours. Why not go to a bar, which is much more quiet to have a conversation and much cheaper than a gig ... oh, and they f*ck up a nice recording :lol:
Elise
Road Kill

We had a great time in Amsterdam :D Very nice to meet you again Pat , and your friend from work and Charlotte .
Also really nice to meet MH/Michael , BahamasChris and Hom-C/Steve and Simon ( pity we lost you after the show )
See you all again the next time hopefully :D
paul
Overbomber

Elise wrote:We had a great time in Amsterdam :D Very nice to meet you again Pat , and your friend from work and Charlotte .
Also really nice to meet MH/Michael , BahamasChris and Hom-C/Steve and Simon ( pity we lost you after the show )
Elise, where you the lady standing outside the venue afterwards with Ozpat (I believe red-ish longer hair?) I believe we have met at another gig, but I'm not sure ...

My picture is in the Photo-gallery in case you have no idea who I am :lol:
Elise
Road Kill

Yes , that was me , we've met each other very short at the gig in Tienen last summer .
Ebbhead
Road Kill

paul wrote:
Ebbhead wrote: You sound a bit condescending dude when talking about the moshpit. I can actually think of enough Sisters gigs where there was hardly any moshing going on (Dour 97, AB free gig, Eurorock, even the Melkweg in 06 was pretty lame). So you can save us the lecture about your moshpit experience...
It wasn't meant as a lecture, it's just the inconvenient truth :lol:

But hey dude, life's too short to start a bitchfight about a Sisters gig, isn't it?
As long as we have all have fun, in one way or the other, it's 25 Euros well spent.
Fair enough. Case closed.
Are you prepared to slave again?
Ebbhead
Road Kill

weebleswobble wrote:
Ebbhead wrote:
Seperately, I agree with a previous post which says the guys standing on other people's shoulders in the front are a bunch of posers. You guys block my view and don't be surprised if we try our best to try topple you...

Regards,
EH
Ebby, that is a tradition from back in the daze and was part of the ritual of a sissies gig (as it should still be)

I would advise against toppling people, I really hope you don't like The Nephilim :roll: :lol:
I love the Nephilim. Alright, no toppling then. But I still prefer pogo and stagediving to pyramid building... :wink:
Are you prepared to slave again?
paul
Overbomber

Elise wrote:Yes , that was me , we've met each other very short at the gig in Tienen last summer .
Oh okay, sorry I didn't say hi, but I was in doubt ... :oops:
Elise
Road Kill

It doesn't matter Paul , may be the next time :)
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Elise wrote:We had a great time in Amsterdam :D Very nice to meet you again Pat , and your friend from work and Charlotte .
Always a pleasure! :wink: :kiss:
Silver_Owl
The Don

Great to meet you too and sorry I didn't see you afterwards. Everything became very confusing. :oops: :P

Ah - Charlotte, that was her name. Very lovely she was too. :innocent:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Great to meet you too and sorry I didn't see you afterwards. Everything became very confusing. :oops: :P

I guess you mean Juliette.... :wink:

She had a huge hangover the day after. :lol:
Silver_Owl
The Don

Ozpat wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:

I guess you mean Juliette.... :wink:

She had a huge hangover the day after. :lol:
I didn't think Charlotte sounded right. :lol:
She was still very lovely though. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.