Paradiso Feb 24th.

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
Rita
Road Kill

Never Land wrote:Great : stage, sound, hall, smoke, lights.
Crappy : beer :urff: and crowd.
Why did you find the crowd crappy? From where I was standing the crowd was good, they (we) were enjoying themselves. Though I must say that those guys sitting on the back of other guys in the front of the pit a bit ... attention seeking.. just to put it in polite terms...
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

http://odysseia.web-log.nl/odysseia/200 ... s-the.html

Here's a blogger who reviewed I Like Trains and thought Sissies were a joke etc. Also, someone commented who thought the gig in HMH was great and the Paradiso was s**t.

Of course i understand all the reactions, but if i check YouTube fragments, back in the days of 1984, there's also a crappy drummachine, two guitarplayers and a mumbling Eldo.

People seem to think that there was a time when Andrew Eldritch was a loud singing gravedigger, he had choirs onstage and a 6-string bass.
guns & cars & accidents
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

so they did not had all that "equipment'' :?:
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote:http://odysseia.web-log.nl/odysseia/200 ... s-the.html

Here's a blogger who reviewed I Like Trains and thought Sissies were a joke etc. Also, someone commented who thought the gig in HMH was great and the Paradiso was s**t.

Of course i understand all the reactions, but if i check YouTube fragments, back in the days of 1984, there's also a crappy drummachine, two guitarplayers and a mumbling Eldo.

People seem to think that there was a time when Andrew Eldritch was a loud singing gravedigger, he had choirs onstage and a 6-string bass.
However I wasn't there, that blogger is an imbicile...
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Now remember kiddies, let's not rip into people simply because they didn't like the gig ;D

But that blogger did look like a gimp :urff: :wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

weebleswobble wrote:Now remember kiddies, let's not rip into people simply because they didn't like the gig ;D

But that blogger did look like a gimp :urff: :wink:
aye. wot he said ^

both times.

:lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

What a great day it was!

Good and enjoyable gig but not as great as the second AB.
Crowd was good and so where the drinks! ;D
Seems that Good Things is gonna be Belgium only... :lol:

Elise, Joop, Hom_C, MH and Bahamas Chris it was a pleasure to meet you and share some drinks and talks.

@Honeythorn: Yes it was me (the very quick "hello" :wink: )
@Steve: I hope your friend Simon did survive the Dam. :lol: :wink:
@Bert: Again....we did not meet. :lol: Next time. :wink:

Next gig: Wiesbaden... 8)
"as we walk on the floodland"
Shadow_Smile
Uw voeten stinken

It was a great show !!!!!

audio was sooooo much better than the " Tienen "gig from last year.

The crowd was nice, and we even had a "pit !!! " up the front.

Was one of the better show's I have seen so far.

I realy like'd it when they play'ed "Marian", this was the first time I saw them play this song
I was quite impressed until I hit the floor,.....Isn’t that what friends are for ?
paul
Overbomber

Honeythorn wrote:The crowd. There was a random and very annoying sweaty shirtless moshpit . I was on the edge of it though so I missed the worst of it.
This must be your first Sisters gig, otherwise you would have noticed there's always a mosh pit at the front. Compared to the AB gigs, this moshpit was very small and calm ...

Some people (including myself) think it's annoying to see people going to a gig, standing there with their arms crossed whining about the bad sound, the expensive drinks and the fact that they hear a bass , but don't see a bass player ...
mh
Above the Chemist

Home safe, flight was only delayed an hour. Was quite good, disappointed that there was no Good Things, and vocals could have been louder (natch); p-ss poor Flood II (for me), but the opening and encores more than made up for everything.

Great to meet everyone, pity I missed some of you but - hey! - next time.

Got some photos too. :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

paul wrote:arms crossed whining about the bad sound, the expensive drinks and the fact that they hear a bass , but don't see a bass player ...
Have you been stood behind me? ;D
mh
Above the Chemist

This one was taken by Simon before he went off on his Magical Mystery Tour. :lol:

The wee baldy shyte himself.

So now we know! :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Finally back at home...
dinky daisy wrote:
Rita wrote:
DocSommer wrote:Hi there - I"m still at the hotel cause my flight is scheduled for around 4pm ...
I just heard on CNN that a Turkish airliner crashed this morning in Schiphol airport - you should keep a good eye on your flight, this may impact your departure!

Have a safe flight back!
As schiphol.nl is not available at the moment; be prepared that some of your flights will be delayed and / or cancelled. Will keep you updated.
I wouldn't have noticed that without your info because there was no sign/announcement/chattering of any kind of trouble when I arrived except one delayed train from central station.
7anthea7 wrote:
DocSommer wrote:Got some trouble with the sec so I missed the first encore songs but that's another chapter... ;D
Uh oh - were you being bad, or were they? :innocent:
hmm... both I guess ;D ;D
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

paul wrote:
Honeythorn wrote:The crowd. There was a random and very annoying sweaty shirtless moshpit . I was on the edge of it though so I missed the worst of it.
This must be your first Sisters gig, otherwise you would have noticed there's always a mosh pit at the front. Compared to the AB gigs, this moshpit was very small and calm ...

Some people (including myself) think it's annoying to see people going to a gig, standing there with their arms crossed whining about the bad sound, the expensive drinks and the fact that they hear a bass , but don't see a bass player ...
So true, but still people need deodorant.
guns & cars & accidents
paul
Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote: So true, but still people need deodorant.
I agree, it is one of the most useful inventions in the history of mankind ... probably invented by a woman :lol:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Nice pics Michael! :notworthy:

For those who are interested; I'm just about to add some gig pics in the Brussels II thread.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Never Land
Amphetamine Filth

Rita wrote: Why did you find the crowd crappy? From where I was standing the crowd was good, they (we) were enjoying themselves.
Like Paul says :
paul wrote: This must be your first Sisters gig, otherwise you would have noticed there's always a mosh pit at the front. Compared to the AB gigs, this moshpit was very small and calm ...

Rita wrote:Though I must say that those guys sitting on the back of other guys in the front of the pit a bit ... attention seeking.. just to put it in polite terms...
;D :notworthy:
Debs on smoke Debs on weed Debs on Duvel Debs on sleep.
Ebbhead
Road Kill

[/quote]

quote]

You sound a bit condescending dude when talking about the moshpit. I can actually think of enough Sisters gigs where there was hardly any moshing going on (Dour 97, AB free gig, Eurorock, even the Melkweg in 06 was pretty lame). So you can save us the lecture about your moshpit experience...

Seperately, I agree with a previous post which says the guys standing on other people's shoulders in the front are a bunch of posers. You guys block my view and don't be surprised if we try our best to try topple you...

Regards,
EH
Are you prepared to slave again?
GC
Slight Overbomber

Nice gig.

Very good: Giving ground,FALAA, Marian.
Chris and Ben great. Paradiso great. Crowd OK (but stinky :lol: )

AE was OK. Thought his voice was Ok but very quiet sometimes, Chris and Ben did need to carry him sometimes.

By the way did the Doktor go a little crazy during Temple or was it me?
GC
Slight Overbomber

Just another point;

OK it's a shame that we don't get a new CD. But what we do get is a shiny TSOM concert almost every other year (and plenty of tshirts).
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

I like the people on shoulders. It's connected with the Sisters gigs, in my opinion. Their semi-Indian arm waves and praying moves are stupid but belongs to them.
guns & cars & accidents
Silver_Owl
The Don

Just got back home.
First - it was a pleasure at last to meet you Pat :D and good to see mh, Chris and Elise and the other great Dutch guys.

The company always makes the evening I find. However, the gig was great. They were tight, they were loud and you could hear :von: .

I haven't had such a good night in a long time.
:notworthy:

Also apologies for not seeing you after the gig but I couldn't find anybody and thought maybe you had all already left. :?

Peace. :P
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
paul
Overbomber

Ebbhead wrote: You sound a bit condescending dude when talking about the moshpit. I can actually think of enough Sisters gigs where there was hardly any moshing going on (Dour 97, AB free gig, Eurorock, even the Melkweg in 06 was pretty lame). So you can save us the lecture about your moshpit experience...
It wasn't meant as a lecture, it's just the inconvenient truth :lol:

But hey dude, life's too short to start a bitchfight about a Sisters gig, isn't it?
As long as we have all have fun, in one way or the other, it's 25 Euros well spent.
GC
Slight Overbomber

Link with bad comments, mostly about voice and not singing live:

http://www.last.fm/event/790210
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Ebbhead wrote:
Seperately, I agree with a previous post which says the guys standing on other people's shoulders in the front are a bunch of posers. You guys block my view and don't be surprised if we try our best to try topple you...

Regards,
EH
Ebby, that is a tradition from back in the daze and was part of the ritual of a sissies gig (as it should still be)

I would advise against toppling people, I really hope you don't like The Nephilim :roll: :lol: