Paris Bataclan / March 7, 2009

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

You are very welcome for the mp3's, maybe the bootleg of dtsom will be better than this one whick was made by a friend, and it looks like his mic had difficulties to absorb the basses ...
doctoravalanche

Here is a present for everybody here, as I said earlier sound is not wonderful due to much bass, anyway give it a try, for those who are not familiar with french language, click on "concert en écoute":

http://thesistersofmercy.free.fr/index. ... &Itemid=43
doctoravalanche

If you want interested there is a pool on my website to give a rating to the Paris concert:

http://thesistersofmercy.free.fr/index.php
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Paris! City of love, city of lights :kiss:

After a smooth drive from the Rheinland to France we arrived just in time to get ourselves checked in at the hotel and to find le Bataclan.
After that small stroll through town, we arrived at the place and could just walk on in... Beautiful venue, Le Bataclan :notworthy:

Minutes after our entrance the meeting with good people started once again and the first drinks (just like in 2006 at Le Zénith, those drinks didn't come cheap!) were shared. Not long after that J'aime les Trains began their set. It was to be their last night on tour with the Sisters and allthough it wasn't love on first sight (or hear :wink: ) for me, they did grow on me (this was my 4th gig of the Mechanised Europe tour) and this last night I really wanted to give them maximum attention, because they deserved that. That's why Z and me decided to go and have a seat on the balcony and do a bit of trainspotting. They played a very solid set and after Blutch they are the best band I've seen opening for the Sisters. I'm gonna miss those chaps!

While still on the balcony we enjoyed quite a few drinks (red wine proved to be the best option, because pretty cheap compared to the beer) and even some more laughs and it got pretty crowded up there. And then Afterhours began to fill the room...

When Dr Avalanche kickedstarted Crash & Burn Z couldn't stay in his seat no more and I gather he was in the moshpit in no more than 10 seconds! Me, more of a captian slow myself, stayed on the balcony to watch the lights and enjoy the whole experience from there. That proved to be the perfect spot to get it all in: the lights were ace, smoke everywhere, but especially Eldritch and the Catalyst coming out of it at the right times. I also had a good laugh when Andrew did his towel thing on the floor ;D

Soundwise it was just incredible! Louder than anywhere else this tour (at least compared to the 3 other gigs I've seen), very clear and Andrew's voice coming through like a knife through butter. 2nd song Ribbons had him shouting like only he can and it just didn't stop... Both Chris & Ben were also on top of things and it was a very tight set they played. Even up there on the balcony the atmosphere was tops with people shouting, singing along and dancing... I was overwhelmed really :D :notworthy:

After Summer I headed for the moshpit, to bounce a bit on that Sisters beat... Terrific atmosphere there too!

When it comes to the setlist there were no surprises at all (I also expected an extra encore after Temple, something special for the massive response from the crowd, but the fact that there was something else planned in the venue after the gig probably didn't help there :innocent: ), but that's just small potatoes when everything is done in such a way: for me this was the best one this tour. 8) :notworthy:

And then it's done...

... but many people seemed to have the same idea and most of the audience ended up in the Bataclan café next door to party on without reservations. At first still pretty organised, but after a while it got mad again... Thank you so much Zeno & Andrew to carry me home afterwards :oops: :notworthy: :notworthy:

This is my last one this tour and it couldn't have been better.
Top venue, top performances, top people, etc etc etc. Hugs & kisses for everybody :notworthy:

Yup, the next morning there was only one thing to do: visit the cemetary of Père Lachaise in the streaming rain to pay our respects to Messieurs James Douglas Morrison, Oscar Wilde and the person next to Henri Salvador!
Hey, nice touch: our adventure began in heavy rain in Cologne and ended in some more rain in Paris. Gotta love the Sisters, for they can bring another shade of summer ;D
in dub we trust
jenzi-benzi

All I can say is:

MASSIVE gig, more massive venue and very funny afterparty.... but VERY VERY little sleep.! Sleep is for the off-days :innocent:
Do I drive or am I driven?
Badlander
Overbomber

euphoria wrote: I should have been in Paris...but I think next time they should make a proper France tour, playing more pleasant cities like Lille, Strasbourg, Lyon, Montpellier or Toulouse - Paris is nice to look at but can be very annoying.
Agreed on all accounts. ;D
If they can play Peru, they can play France ! :P
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Badlander
Overbomber

Burzum wrote:Way better than the Zenith last year, Von being more "into it" this time.
Last year ? Were you to some secret gig no one else heard of ? :P
I also saw some guy who came with his 10-12 year old son, who was proudly sporting a Sisters hoody after the gig. :von:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
pearson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

doctoravalanche wrote:Here is a present for everybody here, as I said earlier sound is not wonderful due to much bass, anyway give it a try, for those who are not familiar with french language, click on "concert en écoute":

:eek: :eek: :eek:

WOW! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thank you!
there's too much blood in my vodkastream

----------------adam pearson------------------
christophe
Overbomber

doctoravalanche wrote:Here is a present for everybody here, as I said earlier sound is not wonderful due to much bass, anyway give it a try, for those who are not familiar with french language, click on "concert en écoute":

wow thank you!
Another Shade of You.
bananacamel

doctoravalanche wrote:If you want interested there is a pool on my website to give a rating to the Paris concert:

http://thesistersofmercy.free.fr/index.php
Thanks very much for sharing :D
I've got a mind like a poisonous fish...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Nice review Koen!
"as we walk on the floodland"
streamline
Slight Overbomber

Thanks for sharing!!!

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Spiggythecat
Amphetamine Filth

meri vielmals :notworthy:
And the kissing and the colours come crushing down
Guardian_Angel
Road Kill

I have just posted a MP3 version of the Paris gig in the sharing section. :D
It's a raw version from my taping.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

what a nice gesture, thank you :notworthy:
i wish i had a recorder so i could payback for all this.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Bartek wrote:what a nice gesture, thank you :notworthy:
i wish i had a recorder so i could payback for all this.
just make your wish become true - you won't regret that ;D
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

"give me something that i mi$$ed" -i'm just a poor polish student. :lol:
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

standard excuses :lol:
Tom Riddler
Banned

dear Mr. Bartek, this is your chance :)

@doctoravalanche: thank you verrrrrrrry much for sharing your great recording with us, it's a pleasure to listen [:-}
lachert
Overbomber

just borrow minidisc from some of your wealthy friends and make a good recordings of two polish gigs ;D it will be nice ;D so nice ;D we can't count only on Jenz this time ;D
long live rock'n'roll
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Woolfen wrote:dear Mr. Bartek, this is your chance :)

@doctoravalanche: thank you verrrrrrrry much for sharing your great recording with us, it's a pleasure to listen [:-}
you call it chance ? i'll give 9, do you have £140 spare ? :lol:
and stop it's enough ridiculous so far.
godgirl

Arrrgh! wrote: I actually arrived late - the tickets said doors were open at 7.30pm so myself and the missus went out for dinner, sank a bottle of bordeaux and pitched up in a taxi at around 8.15 to find the support were already over and the band were in the middle of detonation boulevard!!

The gig was over pretty early, we were out of there by about 10:15pm, but overall, I couldn't fault the night - anyone else thinking of going on this tour - get your arse out there, it's not to be missed - but don't do what we did and miss the beginning.
Dude, you obviously forgot that Paris is on Central European Time, not GMT!

:roll: :D :eek: ;D :innocent:
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
doctoravalanche

Guardian_Angel wrote:I have just posted a MP3 version of the Paris gig in the sharing section. :D
It's a raw version from my taping.
GREAT merci !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least there are no problem with the basses ;)
Spiggythecat
Amphetamine Filth

lachert wrote:just borrow minidisc from some of your wealthy friends and make a good recordings of two polish gigs ;D it will be nice ;D so nice ;D we can't count only on Jenz this time ;D
i was also poor student in the past...

can You advise some good equipment/microphone to be used for recording?
and maybe some other techn tips?
I could make Warsaw gig...

@Bartek
don't worry bo bedziesz chory

This Paris gig was excellent
Looking forward to see Warsaw and Zurich :D
And the kissing and the colours come crushing down
lachert
Overbomber

Spiggythecat wrote: can You advise some good equipment/microphone to be used for recording?
and maybe some other techn tips?
I could make Warsaw gig...
will be great ;D there was a topic about that not so long ago (ocean to ocean) with few good tips but i'm a bad searcher :| and lazy pig anyhow :lol:
long live rock'n'roll