28 02 2009 Dresden

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
Ian P. Christ
Amphetamine Filth

_emma_ wrote:b) do we leave the afterparty in Berlin sometime at night, go to sleep in each one's preferred hotel in Berlin, and then catch an afternoon train to Dresden? If anybody's looking for a fifth person for option a), I'd be happy to do it. I've done stuff like that before, so no problem.
But b) is OK too. :D
as far as it concerns me: only option b)

i do run the aftershow party and have to spin there, so i'll not be in bed before 6am.

guess we will end up being rather 10 (or more) people in the train than 5. on my side it should be already 4-5. if barry and his girlfriend (?) and _emma_ should decide to join we're already 7-8. i presume christian w. is on board as well.

sounds like a funny train ride :)
XXX
jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

skeletal remains wrote:
_emma_ wrote:b) do we leave the afterparty in Berlin sometime at night, go to sleep in each one's preferred hotel in Berlin, and then catch an afternoon train to Dresden? If anybody's looking for a fifth person for option a), I'd be happy to do it. I've done stuff like that before, so no problem.
But b) is OK too. :D
as far as it concerns me: only option b)

i do run the aftershow party and have to spin there, so i'll not be in bed before 6am.

guess we will end up being rather 10 (or more) people in the train than 5. on my side it should be already 4-5. if barry and his girlfriend (?) and _emma_ should decide to join we're already 7-8. i presume christian w. is on board as well.

:lol: ;D
Cool, loads of sisters-people in slow train... that reminds me of some journeys in the past.
Do I drive or am I driven?
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

jenzi-benzi wrote:
skeletal remains wrote:guess we will end up being rather 10 (or more) people in the train than 5. on my side it should be already 4-5. if barry and his girlfriend (?) and _emma_ should decide to join we're already 7-8. i presume christian w. is on board as well.

:lol: ;D
Cool, loads of sisters-people in slow train... that reminds me of some journeys in the past.
I'm up for that too, so if you need to round up the numbers, count me in :) Now I wonder where we could get a bottle of really bad cola for the journey...
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I'm up for that too, so if you need to round up the numbers, count me in :) Now I wonder where we could get a bottle of really bad cola for the journey...
No Polish (or was it Slovakian?) "Sheep Cola" for me please!
*lol
_emma_
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:Anyone else staying here?
Have you (or has anybody) actually managed to book a bed there?
I filled in the form on their site yesterday morning, and it said "thank you, we will respond as soon as possible" - but no response so far, no confirmation, no denial, nothing. :?

:lol:
Edit:
About 2 minutes after posting the above message here, I received the confirmation.
Booked now. 8)
sukhoi

Congratulations! Also trying to get it confirmed from Die Koje, firstly they wrote me "The journey is possible from 14 o'clock". But I'm not that demanding, just sleeping shall be enough :lol:

btw, also travelling from Berlin, so that it should be astonishing to get agreed on specific train...

petr
Right On Venom And Revenge
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:
Andrew S wrote:Anyone else staying here?
Have you (or has anybody) actually managed to book a bed there?

Edit:
About 2 minutes after posting the above message here, I received the confirmation.
Booked now. 8)
I panic booked mine 2 months ago and got confirmation the next day :lol:
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
17.auflage

got my tickets for DD and booked the hotel.
Cyberbio

17.auflage wrote:got my tickets for DD and booked the hotel.
then see you there :von:

good location, as I heard...
2023: Athen, London, London, Amsterdam, Utrecht, Münster, Esch-Sur-Alzette, Hannover, Hamburg, Berlin, Leipzig, Köln, Wiesbaden, Würzburg, Stuttgart, Wien
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

any recommendations regarding hotels?
Cyberbio

I am using the "bayrischer hof", because it´s within walking distance...
2023: Athen, London, London, Amsterdam, Utrecht, Münster, Esch-Sur-Alzette, Hannover, Hamburg, Berlin, Leipzig, Köln, Wiesbaden, Würzburg, Stuttgart, Wien
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

looks comfy but it's too expensive for me - I think this etap hotel in kesselsdorf is quite ok for 29€/night (at least for the drivers)
17.auflage

Cyberbio wrote:I am using the "bayrischer hof", because it´s within walking distance...
same to me. See you there. It´s just a few minutes from Alter Schlachthof.
Location is OK. Saw some other bands there a few years ago.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

DocSommer wrote:looks comfy but it's too expensive for me - I think this etap hotel in kesselsdorf is quite ok for 29€/night (at least for the drivers)
Not sure how far from the venue Kesselsdorf is but Die Koje (the hostel ship) is very near the venue (moored at Leipzigerstr) and also very cheap. Single cabins for €25 when I booked.
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
Christian

Kesselsdorf <=> Dresden is 18 km. Makes sense only if you (a) go by car and (b) drive to West Germany on Sunday. For people going by train and returning to Berlin no option imho. Same with folks who want to get drunk after the gig. ;-)
17.auflage

Christian wrote:... Same with folks who want to get drunk after the gig. ;-)
get drunk after the gig? Where? Think there could be some possiblities in the DD Neustadt. But I wasn´t in DD for years. Does anybody know something/someplace for the time after the show? In former times there were locations called Straße E and Bunker where they played a lot of sisters

but as said, years ago..
Cyberbio

17.auflage wrote:
Christian wrote:... Same with folks who want to get drunk after the gig. ;-)
get drunk after the gig? Where? Think there could be some possiblities in the DD Neustadt. But I wasn´t in DD for years. Does anybody know something/someplace for the time after the show? In former times there were locations called Straße E and Bunker where they played a lot of sisters

but as said, years ago..
hmmm, bitter, no after show for me - train goes 7.30 in the morning....
Ian P. Christ
Amphetamine Filth

17.auflage wrote:Does anybody know something/someplace for the time after the show? In former times there were locations called Straße E and Bunker where they played a lot of sisters
there WILL be an aftershow in dresden!

part of the dj-lineup (me :wink:) is the same as at the aftershow-party in berlin. plus two other djs.

details here very soon - watch out!
XXX
Ian P. Christ
Amphetamine Filth

Cyberbio wrote:hmmm, bitter, no after show for me - train goes 7.30 in the morning....
durchmachen!?

:twisted:
XXX
pearson

skeletal remains wrote:
Cyberbio wrote:hmmm, bitter, no after show for me - train goes 7.30 in the morning....
durchmachen!?

:twisted:
:D :roll:
there's too much blood in my vodkastream

----------------adam pearson------------------
Ian P. Christ
Amphetamine Filth

more info about the aftershow-party in dresden:

free admission (/w concert-ticket / flyer)

DJ Thomas Thyssen (Pagan Love Songs - Berlin / Bochum)
DJ Ian P. Christ (Remembrance Daze - Berlin)
DJ Bit79 (Afterhours - Dresden)

E40
Grimmstr.
01139 Dresden-Kaditz
http://www.e40.in
Googlemaps-Link

this is about 4,5 km distance from the venue

i rcommend to take a cab

XXX
17.auflage

Great! :)
my friends and I will visit this.
Sounds like an pefect evening.
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
bangles

This will be my last night of the tour! (Sob!) Note to self when loging on later - must enjoy this to the fullest!
17.auflage

Good Luck, will try the same. Can´t await Saturday!
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Cyberbio

... Dresden is also : SOLD OUT!