03 04 2009 Budapest - POSTPONED

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
_emma_
Overbomber

This gig seems to be on board of a gig-adapted ship on the bank of Danube, or am I misreading the venue info? :eek:
It looks quite cool an I'm glad I got my ticket. 8)
jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

_emma_ wrote:This gig seems to be on board of a gig-adapted ship on the bank of Danube, or am I misreading the venue info? :eek:
It looks quite cool an I'm glad I got my ticket. 8)
Where did u get your ticket from?
Do I drive or am I driven?
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

it's a ukrainian stone carrier ship A38. it's a pretty cool club though rather small

sziamiau and her man will be there for sure..plus 3-4 possibly
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I will try to do this one as well. I also need advice how to buy tickets!

Thx
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

you can get electronic tickets from the boat's website:

http://www.a38.hu/

I have not used this though. I ordered mine here today:

http://www.jegy.hu/

they should deliver my tickets in 5 working days but you can also get the electronic ones. I am jsut old fashioned and like pretty tixes. heh
Christian

Great, thank you!
Christian

Hm, the postal option seems to be available only for customers in Hungary (?). I chose the "Voucher" option - hope this works.

When chosing the "voucher" option you will get an e-mail saying:
"You can pick up your tickets at the event's Box Office on the day of the event before the performance by presenting the following voucher number: ...".

I hope, this works...
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

yeah I had to have mine delivered to my parents in hungary. the voucher just means that before the gig you go to the club and show it and you get a ticket. I thought it was just electronic but it seems you'll get the same ticket as well.. I assume all of us will be there on time though so it should be okay. although supposedly I'll be working until 5:30 in BP but forget that I will leave earlier that day.
_emma_
Overbomber

jenzi-benzi wrote:Where did u get your ticket from?
http://www.ticketportal.hu/predstavenie ... =0&lang=US
(print-at-home version 8) )
jenzi-benzi

_emma_ wrote:
jenzi-benzi wrote:Where did u get your ticket from?
http://www.ticketportal.hu/predstavenie ... =0&lang=US
(print-at-home version 8) )
Tickets booked, but i get them send to my home.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

tickets have arrived. oh yay
jenzi-benzi

tix on my desk :innocent:
Christian

Flights & Hotel booked. :innocent:
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Would anyone be up for sharing an apartment for this one? I've seen these ones and they're quite close to the venue and reasonably cheap. If not, has anyone managed to find a hotel with cheap single rooms?
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
Christian

Finding a hotel for a reasonable price in Budapest is quite difficult. I'm afraid it will be hard to find something cheaper than the Alfa - at least when you book via internet. Chances may be good to find something for a better price if you search for a hotel once you are there. I'd prefer flying with knowing where to sleep in the night though. I chose the Ibis at Vaci ut. just because I will be staying in Budapest one day longer, I stayed there before (= no bad surprises) and it's very close to the metro line going to the airport. Price for a single room is 68.00 EUR

I guess the only thing which might help cutting the costs is booking the hotel in local currency. The HUF is quite weak these days.
_emma_
Overbomber

I booked a "hotel Gloria" - it's cheap (32 EUR a night, single room), because it's quite far from the center, but for me it's great because it's 300m from the bus station to which I arrive late in the evening on the 2nd, and from which I'll be leaving very early in the morning on the 4th. So there. :)
Christian

That's not that far from the city. Public transport in Budapest is pretty good so getting from A to B should be no problem even if you are not staying close to the venue (or ship in this case).
_emma_
Overbomber

Gettin from A to B after the post-gig drinks is never a problem - no matter if it involves walking in the rain, or being taken far off the track by a nice and talkative taxi driver, or taking the wrong-way bus and ending up at a terminus at the wrong part of the city - for example. It's all part of the fun. However, getting (on time) from A to B at 6 AM on the next morning will definitely be a problem :urff: , which is why I chose to stay close from A to B then. :lol:
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

still some two weeks to go but getting overexcited here. we walked to the ship yesterday but at the end decided againts having a beer at the restaurant. anyhow I can't wait
Blueness
Road Kill

I'm so glad I found this forum in the ether... nice to meet you!

Got my ticket few weeks ago. :D
Unlike for you, this will be my very first Sisters gig... have to start it somewhere. I'm Hungarian, so I won't miss the chance to see them live on A38. And getting veryveryvery etc. excited as the days pass, crooning and chanting songs on the public veliches, sending video links to friends and so on...
but 5 more days and it happens. Unbelievable. :roll:
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Greetings, Blueness, and welcome! Crossing my fingers that your first gig will be a great one! :D
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

okay I may have to fly out the day before and fly back to budapest friday afternoon with my boyfriend. I would have prefered less complications for THE night. anyhow there is going to be an afterparty I"ll find the link and post it later shouldn't be too far from A38.

Blueness...welcome..maybe you know it's gonna be at Gyar.

there is another band playing after the sissies some weirdo s**t I am not liking that. we will be kicked out fast

I also haven't seen any advertisement other than online. this is not surprising they did the same stuff for TON 2 years ago. doesn't make any sense.
Blueness
Road Kill

Thank you for worrying about me :D however I hope you didn't say that because of bad personal experiences... :wink:
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

I believe the budapest giog was one of the best from the silver bullet tour. I know it was amazing for me at least
Blueness
Road Kill

sziamiau wrote:okay I may have to fly out the day before and fly back to budapest friday afternoon with my boyfriend. I would have prefered less complications for THE night. anyhow there is going to be an afterparty I"ll find the link and post it later shouldn't be too far from A38.

Blueness...welcome..maybe you know it's gonna be at Gyar.
Yes I read about it. I don't live in Budapest so I have no other choice but going to the Gyar... and "waiting for the train" :)
I found this link for the map. Maybe it's not the most informative one but here it is:

http://liquid2000.uw.hu/eventsmap/gyari ... antika.jpg