08.04.2009 - Leeds

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Your point caller? ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

snncrv wrote:Hey, I 'm the girl at the start that went down
Have you read The Dirt..? :wink:

Seriously, glad you're okay.
Four strings good, six strings bad
Debi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:ok, it's a week late, but here's my twopenn'orth:

it was fucking awesome.
could have been louder, could have been longer, but it was still The Sisters.
it was fucking AWESOME!
i can't give any less of an emotional response (ever, actually) because it's so much more than just seeing my favourite band -as the sisters are so much more than just my favourite band- never gonna have had enough sex, never gonna have seen the sisters enough live. fact.

and then there's you lot -us lot- Heartlanders! meeting up with you people is always going to be a special occasion, and there was an exceptionally vast crowd of people there without whom it would not have been half as good...as i've said before i love you all, even those of you i don't. (thanks for putting up with me. ;D )

briefly met chris and ben again -they deserve a prize for the amount of time they are consistently prepared to spend talking to/being phgotographed with/signing stuff for us lot IMO.

however....the cherry-on-the-icing on the top of the whole rather enormously scrumptious cake (for me) was finally meeting eldritch -totally out of the blue, whilst i was having a fag outside the aftershow. i've only ever wanted to shake him by the hand and say "thank-you" (and to do so without bugging him or making a tit of myself) and it made me a very happy man. got his autograph as well ("i know i said i wasn't going to bug you andrew but if you could sign that for me i promise to fuck off!") and when he said it was his pleasure he looked like he meant it which was good enough for me. :von:

last but by no means least- enormous "thank-you"s to weebs, steve, michael and don partners in crime before and aft and "without whom...." :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
that sounds fantastic, its really lovely when i hear something like that - you'll be remembering that forever - priceless!

and very lucky - i are jealous ;D
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Francis wrote:And you a Mod... :lol: :wink:
No, a Goth.
Moakahontas
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

stufarq wrote:
Francis wrote:And you a Mod... :lol: :wink:
No, a Goth.

:eek:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Paul Weller's a Mod...
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
tricky1963
Road Kill

I have posted some pretty decent videos (9 tracks) on YouTube.

As I was stood at the front, they are a bit better than the usual "back of the hall" view over people's heads. So I reckon anyway !!

This is Crash and Burn, and if you click "More from..." it will list the others
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWcBks_jYA0
Headingly
Road Kill

Nice work
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

cheers tricky1963, great stuff!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

tricky1963 wrote:As I was stood at the front, they are a bit better than the usual "back of the hall" view over people's heads. So I reckon anyway !!
Oh my - I should say so! Many thanks! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Nice one
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
MarkC
Road Kill
Location: Far beyond the black horizon. OK, it's Leeds really

tricky1963 wrote: As I was stood at the front, they are a bit better than the usual "back of the hall" view over people's heads. So I reckon anyway !!
Fair comment - they are miles closer up than the <quote> crappy back of the hall rubbish! </unquote> that I took from the side of the bar.

Two things in reply:

First, despite the slur on my YouTube vids, [shameless plug for SistersLeedsApril09 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh2IjEPGtr8], my thanks as well for posting your vids.

and Last, and as Always, I was much, much, MUCH closer - to the bar than you.
Haha haha haha!
Laughing all the way back to the bar
:lol: :lol:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Thanks to everybody for these wonderful videos ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

seconded. :notworthy:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
tricky1963
Road Kill

MarkC wrote: Fair comment - they are miles closer up than the <quote> crappy back of the hall rubbish! </unquote> that I took from the side of the bar.
Sorry mate, no personal insult intended !

I just get frustrated by SOME of the videos that get posted on Youtube that frankly aren't worth looking at, and you just wonder why some people bother to post them. Present company excepted of course :D
Spin Doctor
Road Kill

I do hope everyone enjoyed this gig, I certainly I did! Not bad for a first time.

I write a wee blog about djing/record collecting and I put my review of the gig there: http://mensch-maschine.blogspot.com/

It's a smidge late I know, but real life and all that. I realise this probably classifies as shameless self-promotion in a bid to get readers/subscribers, but I'm sure you honest and decent folk will forgive such a slight transgression. :innocent: