vienna 03.03.2009

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
mandrake
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

great vid thanks!
DieAntagonistin
Road Kill

This was the first time I saw TSOM live so I was really excited (I began messing around backcombing my hair, preparing my ticket and humming FALAA about two hours before the gig began).

I wasn't there when I Like Trains started playing, I only heard two of their songs. Dull dull dull. But what followed was definitely worth the wait.

TOL at the end was fantastic. I almost fainted when they played Summer, the lights were so beautiful and I got totally emotional (well, Dominion certainly helped me get into that mood). FALAA was amazing with everybody singing along, it was really powerful. Not to mention This Corrosion and Temple of Love. Floorshow was nice but I missed the screams (got some of those at the end of the gig). The sound quality was near perfect, I enjoyed the show immensely.

(But I must say I can't get used to Andy's, er, lack of hair. It's quite disturbing. )

The gig is basically everything I've been talking about for the last few days. I think I was the youngest member of the crowd and got some encouraging looks from others (as in "Well done, youngling!"), 'twas quite funny. :lol: I wish more people my age liked The Sisters, they don't know what they're missing.
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Greetings DieAntagonistin, and welcome to the party!

And thank you so much for not being one of those eejits whose first and only post is to complain about how disappointed they were... :roll: I'm so glad that it lived up to your expectations!

As for people your age...there may well be a few around here :wink:
Just remember you're responsible for helping to convert your generation ;D
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Welcome to this forum, DieAntagonistin.

:notworthy:

Nice to read such a positive review from a newbie. Most people who do not belong to the die hard community only write how disappointed they were with the gig because the expected something like seeing the Wake video in real...
DieAntagonistin
Road Kill

Thanks guys! :D

There really wasn't anything to disappoint me - it would be nice to hear some interaction with the crowd but hey, I wasn't there for a chat show, I was there for the music. ;D And I'm trying really hard to convert my generation, I'm writing an article about The Sisters for my school's newsletter. And even if the gig wasn't that good...my love for TSOM is unconditional. :von:
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

DieAntagonistin wrote:...even if the gig wasn't that good...my love for TSOM is unconditional. :von:
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Pista
Cureboi

Welcome DieAntagonistin

It was good wasn't it?
Okay, so it wasn't the Sisters of old that grabbed me & made me take notice, but then I suppose that would also be boring in a way.
& you're right about TOL.
None more goff!
8)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

love is just a shot away