Italian Tour

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

my camcorder didn't liked the stroboscopes as well - my theory is that this was :von: 's intention :lol: :lol:
the best thing to do was to take the camera or get me out of it, innit Laughing Laughing
I know somebody who got treated that way - 3 times ;D :lol: :wink: :innocent:
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

DocSommer wrote:my camcorder didn't liked the stroboscopes as well - my theory is that this was :von: 's intention :lol: :lol:
me too, bastard :von: :lol: :lol:
lawrence
Road Kill

Hey,

There is a full film from the Bologna's show, not mine unfortunately. But there was a guy (authorized), with a camera just in front of the stage. I guess he was belonging to the Estragon's staff... ???
;D ;D ;D
let's go to bed...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

lawrence wrote:Hey,

There is a full film from the Bologna's show, not mine unfortunately. But there was a guy (authorized), with a camera just in front of the stage. I guess he was belonging to the Estragon's staff... ???
;D ;D ;D
Lot's of gigs have been filmed in the past. It will be used for a future DVD. ;D
"as we walk on the floodland"
psichonaut
Overbomber

i'm quite disappointed about your comments abut the audience, although i knew italians don't like the Sisters like the nothern-europeans.
this is one of the reasons why i preferred to go Cologne better than Milano or Bologna, i was sure i had more fun there...i wasn't wrong btw.
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

No, they won't. Von will take them to his grave. That's what the authorized guy says. :lol:

And Cologne was a crap show. It lacked the sparkles, was mere routine from both, the band and the audience. Eggi doesn't share my opinion though.

However... Milan.

Let me tell you people that if I didn't love Italy already, I'd by now have fallen in love with that country.

I'll keep it short otherwise I'll write here all night, but unfortunately I have to work tomorrow, which is why I write in the first place (instead of enjoying life in Lisbon with my man).

I expected of Italy, what I got in Madrid: A dead and arrogant audience and therefore s**t shows. Only few tickets had been sold in pre-sales, and in the end there were roughly 500 in Milan. But what counts is how these people reacted. The band were in a good mood and did their best, the sound was excellent where I was (front) and where Eggi was (somewhere further back), and the people really appreciated what they got. The best example is the guy (a local) who stood next to me. He had missed them in 2006, had never seen them live, so kept asking me what the titles of the newer songs (Susanne etc.) were. And he immediately loved them. At the end of the gig he said: "Wow, they sound even better live than on cd, and the new songs are beautiful." This sums up the general impression I got from the atmosphere. It really was a top night out. Oh, and nobody in my neighbourhood felt the slightest urge to chat during the gig - that was a surprise, which repeated itself in Bologna.

And Bologna was even better (there's no thread for that city, so I'll post it here). Only few tickets (can't remember how many, but less than for Milan) had been sold in pre-sales, probably also because the venue really was at the end of the world: about 4 kms out of town, beyond the motorway, in the middle of nowhere. However, people turned up. In the end there were about 400, and they had fun. I did run into some crazy Greeks (thanks for the Grappa-like home-made drink you guys offered me, it was delicious!), who I apparently had already met in Florence 2006, and who had such excellent memories of that gig that they came up from Perugia (deep south) for this one. So, the few people who were there knew what to expect and had fun. The band again played an excellent show and sound was even better (louder, more energetic, whatever) than in Milan. Besides, everybody was nice and relaxed.

I don't mind if there's only few people at a gig. The main thing for the atmosphere really is that the audience has fun and the sound is good. If these conditions are given, it will be a top night out.

Yes, it has always been the same setlist for a long time now, but I don't care. The gigs are so much better than in 2006, the band apparently has become a whole and they're full of energy - the sparkles fly.

On a side note: I know from second hand experience that Italy can be a foul tourist trap, too. But is it really only the ability to speak the language of a country that spares you such bad experiences? The same goes for Paris. It's said to be one of the most arrogant cities in the world, but everybody was so friendly! It can't just be that I'm able to speak their language (with a lousy accent).

That's it, off to bed.
You can't fix stupid.
spyroseldritch
Road Kill

hey there i am one of the greeks...the tall drunk one :)was reading stuff here and this story reminded me of something...you are welcome for the grappa...the other guy and the girl that was with me send their greetings.
say hi to you man and hopefully see you soon at some gig this year...i ll save you the spot slightly on von's right !

No, they won't. Von will take them to his grave. That's what the authorized guy says. :lol:

And Cologne was a crap show. It lacked the sparkles, was mere routine from both, the band and the audience. Eggi doesn't share my opinion though.

However... Milan.

Let me tell you people that if I didn't love Italy already, I'd by now have fallen in love with that country.

I'll keep it short otherwise I'll write here all night, but unfortunately I have to work tomorrow, which is why I write in the first place (instead of enjoying life in Lisbon with my man).

I expected of Italy, what I got in Madrid: A dead and arrogant audience and therefore s**t shows. Only few tickets had been sold in pre-sales, and in the end there were roughly 500 in Milan. But what counts is how these people reacted. The band were in a good mood and did their best, the sound was excellent where I was (front) and where Eggi was (somewhere further back), and the people really appreciated what they got. The best example is the guy (a local) who stood next to me. He had missed them in 2006, had never seen them live, so kept asking me what the titles of the newer songs (Susanne etc.) were. And he immediately loved them. At the end of the gig he said: "Wow, they sound even better live than on cd, and the new songs are beautiful." This sums up the general impression I got from the atmosphere. It really was a top night out. Oh, and nobody in my neighbourhood felt the slightest urge to chat during the gig - that was a surprise, which repeated itself in Bologna.

And Bologna was even better (there's no thread for that city, so I'll post it here). Only few tickets (can't remember how many, but less than for Milan) had been sold in pre-sales, probably also because the venue really was at the end of the world: about 4 kms out of town, beyond the motorway, in the middle of nowhere. However, people turned up. In the end there were about 400, and they had fun. I did run into some crazy Greeks (thanks for the Grappa-like home-made drink you guys offered me, it was delicious!), who I apparently had already met in Florence 2006, and who had such excellent memories of that gig that they came up from Perugia (deep south) for this one. So, the few people who were there knew what to expect and had fun. The band again played an excellent show and sound was even better (louder, more energetic, whatever) than in Milan. Besides, everybody was nice and relaxed.

I don't mind if there's only few people at a gig. The main thing for the atmosphere really is that the audience has fun and the sound is good. If these conditions are given, it will be a top night out.

Yes, it has always been the same setlist for a long time now, but I don't care. The gigs are so much better than in 2006, the band apparently has become a whole and they're full of energy - the sparkles fly.

On a side note: I know from second hand experience that Italy can be a foul tourist trap, too. But is it really only the ability to speak the language of a country that spares you such bad experiences? The same goes for Paris. It's said to be one of the most arrogant cities in the world, but everybody was so friendly! It can't just be that I'm able to speak their language (with a lousy accent).

That's it, off to bed.
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

hehe... :lol: Greetings to you! That was Bologna, and it was a good one, but just one sip of that homebrew and I was off.... :-))) We'll hopefully bump into each other again soonish...:-)))

All the best to you and your friends from me and my man 8)
You can't fix stupid.
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth