Crowd size and reviews

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

Any idea on the avg capacity/crowd for this tour. I'm from Ireland and hoping to go to the london gig.....

Waht are the reviews like - I last travelled over the the Vsion Thing gigs at wembley - both nights- which were just OK

Happy St Paddys day....
Caravaggio
Road Kill

crowd size is declining, reviews are bad...comme d'habitude...so what!
There have been better plans
But none that I could ever understand...
mh
Above the Chemist

Welcome Sister (and Paddys day backatcha)! :notworthy:

From reports elsewhere here I'd guess average about 750-ish? Reviews are generally positive, with the usual hit and miss in terms of sound quality (more hit than miss it seems). I saw them in Amsterdam and enjoyed it well enough. Gonna Leeds too. :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

The gigs I have attented where average (Amsterdam) to great (Köln) to really great (Wiesbaden, Brussels). Best crowd in Brussels. All these gigs were sold out. Attendance between 1000 and 2000 I guess.

Overall the reviews are good. Madrid and Hamburg reviews not so good.

Welcome and enjoy!
"as we walk on the floodland"
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

deirfiur wrote:Any idea on the avg capacity/crowd for this tour. I'm from Ireland and hoping to go to the london gig.....

Waht are the reviews like - I last travelled over the the Vsion Thing gigs at wembley - both nights- which were just OK
I think capacity are everywhere between 800-900 (Helsinki for example) and 3500 (Berlin, Stockholm, ?)
Average crowd is very different - one of the Italian gigs seemed to have less than 500 people there, judging by reports, and in Berlin I had the impression it was very full - maybe more than 3000 people. All German gigs have sold better than last tour.
Sold out gigs so far: 2*Brussels, Amsterdam, Hamburg, Dresden, Wiesbaden, Cologne, Paris, Madrid, Oslo, Helsinki, Warsaw.

London soon sold out I guess, since there are/were no standing tickets left recently.

Reviews: Almost all are better than 2006. I think they are in perfect shape, maybe the best I've seen this band. Started seeing them in 97.

No idea how it would compare to Wembley, except be prepared for something totally different than what you saw.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

deirfiur wrote:Any idea on the avg capacity/crowd for this tour. I'm from Ireland and hoping to go to the london gig.....

Happy St Paddys day....
where were you in Wembley? I think that makes a difference - I was front centre just on the periphery of the very large and very dangerous moshpit activity and I thought both gigs were top. A mate who had to sit to watch one of them had a different opinion.

Anyway, for me, I think - an industrial tribute band covering your favourite songs just about covers it. This is probably, energy and fun wise, though not technically, the best they've been since 1993 (but that is of course a subjective assessment) :eek:

* London is always crap, better going to Leeds
Goths have feelings too
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

Sod it - I'm getting a ticket and travelling over... Costing a small fortune as it's a bus/plane/train/hotel etc but I live in the constant hope that someday we will get our just reward of new bucking material released.......

Following the sisters is like religion..... blind faith lead by someone who promises much but don't know if he'll ever deliver

:wink:
paul
Overbomber

deirfiur wrote: Following the sisters is like religion..... blind faith lead by someone who promises much but don't know if he'll ever deliver
:wink:
you make it sound very scary :lol:
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

paint it black wrote:* London is always crap, better going to Leeds
Period.
Four strings good, six strings bad
Pista
Cureboi

Norman Hunter wrote:
Period.
Disagree.
Leeds Uni 2006 is a total shambles of a show.

Saw them in London 1990, 1993, & 1997 & never saw a sh!t one.

This tour they are better than on the Bullet tour, but then they should be, as they effectively play the same songs every night.
I mean, if they were worse, then something is really amiss.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Pista wrote:
Norman Hunter wrote:
Period.
Disagree.
Leeds Uni 2006 is a total shambles of a show.
:eek: Leeds was great: see here http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... &start=325

whereas London :roll:

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... &start=425

I rarely see a good gig by any band in London. that's why i'm only going to Leeds this time :?
Goths have feelings too
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Sissies were storming at the Forum in '03 but s**t at the Astoria in '06 IMHO. If they play a blinder at Leeds this year then i fear the worst for the London gig the night after...... :innocent: But down the front at the Forum with some good mates going monkey poo will be a top nite out whatever the weather. I'd go to Leeds too if i could afford it, but sadly no.
Pista
Cureboi

You'd expect them to deliver on "home soil" really, but in Leeds 2006 Eldo was in Vic Reeve's club singer mode.

Still, it least you could hear him I suppose.
:innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
despair
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

The sold out venue in Oslo takes 1800 people.
242headhunter
Amphetamine Filth

AB in Brussels has a capacity of 2500. 2 times sold out is 5000. Not that bad at all I think
Brace
Road Kill

Judging by DocSommer's videos from 2008/9 tour, only undisputed constant you are guarantied to see is Eldo's non existent stage outfit/appearance. He looks like you caught him on the way to the grocery store on a chilly Saturday morning.
Not that it's a big deal at first, but when you watch dozen of shows and he always looks like that, it kills the mood a bit.
"I had many sobering thoughts in my days too.....
........they've made me start drinking in the first place." Grandad
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Brace wrote:Judging by DocSommer's videos from 2008/9 tour, only undisputed constant you are guarantied to see is Eldo's non existent stage outfit/appearance. He looks like you caught him on the way to the grocery store on a chilly Saturday morning.
Not that it's a big deal at first, but when you watch dozen of shows and he always looks like that, it kills the mood a bit.
There are things one can get away with when younger that just become ludicrous later in life. This could be a question of the better part of (sartorial) valour... :roll:

I personally don't mind the jumpsuits, but I could do without all the footie gear. I'll bet there are plenty of others who don't share that opinion, though. :wink:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Brace
Road Kill

Jumpsuits aren't bad on their own, in their own environment but what's the point of all the smoke (except for hidding the empty stage :lol: ) and all the lights, if all that comes out of it is a guy in the jumpsuit.
He doesn't need Carl McCoy amount of makeup and dessing up, but something decent which could contrinbute to the audio-visual experience wouldn't hurt.
"I had many sobering thoughts in my days too.....
........they've made me start drinking in the first place." Grandad
GC
Slight Overbomber

I liked the string vest, bearded :von: from the Euro 2005 tour. He seemd much jollier. In the Silver bullet and 2009 I can only see a bored man earning some money.