Thessaloniki - 12/04/2009

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
Europa
Amphetamine Filth

"This nightmare is getting more and more pathetic... cheers to Ben and Chris, but it sounds like a fainting machine to me. It's time to face up the facts."

In my opinion that is neither accurate nor very nice. Can't think why he wouldn't soldier on with such an appreciative fan base.
Om began to feel the acute depression that steals over every realist in the presence of an optimist.
mh
Above the Chemist

Sucks to hear about that, but if ever there was any doubt that Ben & Chris are worthy to be in the band, here's proof positive in their favour. C'mon now, can you see Adam doing that?

Hail the lads! :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
_emma_
Overbomber

Words fail me. :| :cry:
Evan Von Himmel
Road Kill

I was there too.
Unlucky, :von: seemed very "fragile" from the begining. :(
I hope and pray for his best.

I saw the setlist (that would be played, if Eldo was ok) and it was the usual one with an exception: Will I Dream instead of Something Fast (or Romeo Down or On the Wire/ Teachers).
Last edited by Evan Von Himmel on 13 Apr 2009, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
Girls in crisis, ultra-hipped
Weird as Isis, wide as Egypt
Evan Von Himmel
Road Kill

[quote="iesus"]
if you understan what i mean ;D
Everyone in the gig sang to this one, even the beared guy behind doctor avalanche :notworthy: 8)[/quote]

Oh yes, that was an unique moment!!!! ;D
Girls in crisis, ultra-hipped
Weird as Isis, wide as Egypt
lachert
Overbomber

Evan Von Himmel wrote:I saw the setlist (that would be played, if Eldo was ok) and it was the usual one with an exception: Will I Dream instead of Something Fast (or Romeo Down or On the Wire/ Teachers).
:eek: :eek: :eek:
killer encore! i will probably lay down and die by heartattack on this one. i'm beloved fan of will i dream :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

What emma said (first post) times twenty.I know AE must find some merit in touring or he wouldn't keep on with it but Dear God,I wish he'd stop.It's appalling that a man of such intellect and abilities has to make his living by rumbly-tumbling 'round the world in a bus.If I ever win the lottery,I'm sending Von a fair bit of it.He can sit his pale old ass in the sun ,play with his cats,and do what the hell he please-fur immer.

(angry old woman rant over now)

first post-fire at will y'all
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Hallo Nadia, welcome! :D

Although I'm selfish to the extent that tours are necessary for my continued well-being, if given the choice I'd rather he needn't go on beating himself up and I never saw them again. (Ow, ow, ow...that hurts. :( ) I wasn't born to be an altruist - but in this case I'll make an exception. ;)

Time for everyone to go buy lottery tickets... 8)
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
_emma_
Overbomber

I never said I wished he'd stop. :) In fact, I have no idea what I'd do if he stopped. :| All I said was I very much wish he would get well soon, because I very much want to see him on the 26th in Zagreb, in good health and in good mood and in good spirits. But if he needs to take some time off living on the tourbus, because his body objects to it, then so be it. First things first. At this point, all I'm waiting for is some good news from an official source.
But I get your point. Welcome. :) You're right. If I were him, I would probably quit a long time ago, with a fanbase like this. Or I'd just pretend that I'm enjoying it all, only in order to draw as much money off them as possible and say "now f**k off". :cry:
Pista
Cureboi

Did you really say "rumbly-tumbling"??

:lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

dinky daisy wrote:Image
that's not his tonsil - teeth looked to good for someone who likes/d(?) sssssomething
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I Would Love to hear this Vision Thing :lol:
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
_emma_
Overbomber

I wouldn't. Much as I think Ben and Chris are cute, nice, talented and lovely. :(
iesus
Overbomber

Husek wrote:I Would Love to hear this Vision Thing :lol:
Indeed we loved it, when heard this ;D
And i am not joking :D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Thank you,Anthea and Steve .(and my apologies to Emma) I'm not altruistic.I'm as selfish and self-centered as anyone and I want something from Von,too.I want his words.Just as his lyrics are,Vons' prose is precise,elegant,illuminating ,and very often funny.Reading those old issues of UTR is heaven for me.I want more. ( but right now I just hope he's going to be well)
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

First: I really, really hope Von gets well soon. This incident left us very worried, especially as apparently Simon (The Nurse) said that Von was sent to hospital (yesterday). Take this information with caution, I don't want to start rumours.

But, if Von's conditions aren't as bad as some of us might fear, and if he recovers, I must say that Thessaloniki was very, very special. Of course one goes to a Sisters gig to hear Von sing. But to hear a whole crowd singing along with Ben, Chris and the Nurse at max volume is a unique experience I wouldn't want to miss. It gave me shivers... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

And again :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: to Chris who is an excellent spokesman for the band. I'm really impressed with how he manages such things.

PS! I'm I the only one failing to see the humour in dinky daisy's post given the current circumstances? :urff:
Last edited by Eva on 13 Apr 2009, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
You can't fix stupid.
_emma_
Overbomber

Being selfish and self-centered is a natural need of every living creature, primarily positive and advantageous for everybody, despite all the pain it brings to the non-selfish, and despite what's usually said about it. Wanting something from another, expecting something, thinking "I give, so I deserve", equalling fond feelings with "what's in it for me", however close to selfishness, can be a nasty trap. :| I'm stating the obvious here, aren't I.
PS. No.
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Nadia81 wrote:I want his words. Just as his lyrics are, Von's prose is precise, elegant, illuminating, and very often funny. Reading those old issues of UTR is heaven for me. I want more.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I am completely helpless when it come to intelligence, erudition, and wit. But then I started reading Wilde at an early age, so my standards are probably seriously warped... :P
--Elizabeth von Arnim
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Eva wrote:...apparently Simon (The Nurse) said that Von was sent to hospital (yesterday). Take this information with caution, I don't want to start rumours.
:( :( :(

I'll hope it was simply because that was the best immediate course, given the difficulty of locating a physician on a Sunday. Sometimes the ER is the only real choice of treatment.
And wrote:...to hear a whole crowd singing along with Ben, Chris and the Nurse at max volume is a unique experience I wouldn't want to miss. It gave me shivers...
That's how I imagined it. It gave me shivers reading about your shivers... :)
And also wrote:And again :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: to Chris who is an excellent spokesman for the band. I'm really impressed with how he manages such things.
It's no wonder to me that he and Von get on - he's quite articulate, and obviously thoughtful. And having a band of his own, he's competent to take the lead when and if necessary. (He's been handling interviews quite well, too.)
And finally wrote:I'm I the only one failing to see the humour in dinky daisy's signature given the current circumstances?
Erm, no. Although it would have been amusing otherwise...but for the colour. :urff:
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

7anthea7 wrote: I'll hope it was simply because that was the best immediate course, given the difficulty of locating a physician on a Sunday. Sometimes the ER is the only real choice of treatment.
Yes, that's true. So let's hope the best... :?
You can't fix stupid.
_emma_
Overbomber

Yes, right, but...
Oh God, and Angels.
I should go to bed now. Yesterday I was given a new kitten, all ginger, huge eyes and ears, thin, long paws and tail... It seems, that he likes to sleep under the duvet, and is waiting there for me.
Being645
Above the Chemist

oh, that's no good news ...

(except for Chris' and Ben's preventing the show from crashing entirely.
I find them both perfectly alright, anyway. I've got no doubt as to Chris since they played Cologne in 2006. :notworthy:
And Ben plays his guitar on stage like an animal :D ... I couldn't imagine better companions for :von: at this time ...)

I can't go to sleep now. It really makes me worry.
I feel like if :von: had ever only talked with me,
things would never ever have got that far ...

Heaven knows, maybe I'm - well off mark ...
I feel sick, now. I need a walk outside in the dark, now.

Hope for the best and, of course, best wishes ...
silentNate

_emma_ wrote:Yes, right, but...
Oh God, and Angels.
I should go to bed now. Yesterday I was given a new kitten, all ginger, huge eyes and ears, thin, long paws and tail... It seems, that he likes to sleep under the duvet, and is waiting there for me.
OMG- you are so lucky!!! Our cats are all older now and I miss having destructive kittens :(
Pictures pur-lease :oops: :?

Still sending vibes for :von: and hope the hospital trip wasn't too serious :innocent:
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Eva wrote: PS! I'm I the only one failing to see the humour in dinky daisy's post given the current circumstances? :urff:
Since when can't we make any cruel jokes about the man who said cruel things in the past about a lot of people...

BEST PRODUCER OF ALL TIME

Mike Chapman

:?

Oh well, Exile's Kiss You All Over is quite groovy.
guns & cars & accidents
Husek

No one had recorded Vision Thing? =(
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop