A Secret 404 Gig??

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
Debi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Somewhere last week i read someone asking / wondering whether they'd be a secret gig by the sisters. i never saw an answer to this - anyone know? :?
aims
Overbomber

Well if it's secret...
Debi

Motz wrote:Well if it's secret...
i knew - i just knew that was worded badly :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

there have been a few over the years, but none recently

they usually use them as a warm-up before a large tour if they have had an extended period off

these days they tend to spend a good portion of the year on the road anyway, hence no real need for secret warm-up gigs

they usually happen in small venues around leeds - typically 'josephs well' or 'the fenton' (although one was done in dublin in the very early 90s) - and are usually done under an assumed name.... previously used names include the speed kings & celebrity plane crash. IIRC there are a couple of others but i forget :S

were you thinking of one gig in particular that you'd heard of?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Debi

Quiff Boy wrote:there have been a few over the years, but none recently

they usually use them as a warm-up before a large tour if they have had an extended period off

these days they tend to spend a good portion of the year on the road anyway, hence no real need for secret warm-up gigs

they usually happen in small venues around leeds - typically 'josephs well' or 'the fenton' (although one was done in dublin in the very early 90s) - and are usually done under an assumed name.... previously used names include the speed kings & celebrity plane crash. IIRC there are a couple of others but i forget :S

were you thinking of one gig in particular that you'd heard of?
i forgot the names too - wasn't one amphetamine something or other? no, i hadnt anything in mind other than seeing someone mention wondering whether there would be a secret one around leeds this summer. and given that the husband said he'd rather see the sisters than DM well - i thought i would ask the question!!!!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:lol:

nah, they're only usually for warm-ups or for band birthdays/anniversaries (eg: 10th birthday gig in leeds 1991, 20th birthday gig in york 2001, warm-up & breaking in a new guitarist just before a big tour in 2005) etc
aims
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:they usually happen in small venues around leeds - typically 'josephs well' or 'the fenton' (although one was done in dublin in the very early 90s) - and are usually done under an assumed name.... previously used names include the speed kings & celebrity plane crash. IIRC there are a couple of others but i forget :S
"We're a Near Meth Experience tribute band" ;)

You of all people should remember that one :innocent: :lol:
Last edited by aims on 28 Apr 2009, 11:46, edited 1 time in total.
Debi

Quiff Boy wrote:

arrrghhh so why only two in england? when can i see them next? i am not able to have any time off work so ideally near Bristol on a Friday or Saturday night. but alas i dont think thats gonna happen.

keep on dreaming :roll:
Debi

Motz wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:they usually happen in small venues around leeds - typically 'josephs well' or 'the fenton' (although one was done in dublin in the very early 90s) - and are usually done under an assumed name.... previously used names include the speed kings & celebrity plane crash. IIRC there are a couple of others but i forget :S
"We're a Near Meth Experience tribute band" ;)

You of all people should remember that one :innocent: :lol:

thats it - near meth.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i dont know anything official but from the gossip i've heard, i think the lack of more uk dates this time was more to do with promoters not wanting to put them on after the negative feedback from the 2006 dates...

i guess keeping it down to 2 dates means it more exclusive and hence they would be guaranteed more people at the shows...?

that's all hearsay though and i dont know if i believe it myself :|
Debi

Quiff Boy wrote::lol:

nah, they're only usually for warm-ups or for band birthdays/anniversaries (eg: 10th birthday gig in leeds 1991, 20th birthday gig in york 2001, warm-up & breaking in a new guitarist just before a big tour in 2005) etc

uh. oh. i see. :(

i will have to be satisfied then with trying to remember the one time i did see them waaayyyyy back.

arseburger. :?
Debi

Quiff Boy wrote:i dont know anything official but from the gossip i've heard, i think the lack of more uk dates this time was more to do with promoters not wanting to put them on after the negative feedback from the 2006 dates...

i guess keeping it down to 2 dates means it more exclusive and hence they would be guaranteed more people at the shows...?

that's all hearsay though and i dont know if i believe it myself :|
well it could pass as a viable reason but as you say, read between the lines i would maybe wager that the band just get less critisism and a much better crowd abroad - especially germany and the eastern block in general. for some reason this country seem to have a problem with supporting their home grown bands. makes me angry :x
Moakahontas

Error 404 - Eldritch not found

Debi

Moakahontas wrote:Error 404 - Eldritch not found

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i have bottled him :eek: :lol:
Nadia81

Like a genie?
Moakahontas

Oh come on...can you remember this tiny kitten in bottles? Sold in china or something?? Don´t do that please... Image ..don´t put him in bottles...
Debi

no. i meant bottle the scent :notworthy:
Moakahontas

THAT sounds better..*phew*
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

Moakahontas wrote:Oh come on...can you remember this tiny kitten in bottles? Sold in china or something?? Don´t do that please... Image ..don´t put him in bottles...
oooh, a bonsai von!

but wasn't that whole bonsai kitten thing just a sick joke by an overbored MIT student?
Debi

LouLou wrote:
oooh, a bonsai von!

:eek: :eek: :lol:
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

Debi wrote:
LouLou wrote:
oooh, a bonsai von!

upon further reflection, i don't think he'd mind being bonsai-ed (that's a verb, right? :P ) as long as we filled the rest of the bottle with vodka-cran... :twisted: :lol:

but then again, we might end up with a pickled :von: instead of a bonsai one if we're not careful. :?

hmm... that's a tricky one.
canon docre
Overbomber

... and there was me thinking he is already bonsai enough.
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

canon docre wrote:... and there was me thinking he is already bonsai enough.
Beat me to it... :wink:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Being645
Above the Chemist

uh, :eek:... bonsai ... :eek: ... :twisted: ;D :twisted:... :oops: ...

That reminds me of something ... beautiful :oops:
and suppressed in development ...

I couldn't do that to any living being on purpose.
Moakahontas

LouLou wrote:
Debi wrote:
LouLou wrote:
oooh, a bonsai von!

upon further reflection, i don't think he'd mind being bonsai-ed (that's a verb, right? :P ) as long as we filled the rest of the bottle with vodka-cran... :twisted: :lol:

but then again, we might end up with a pickled :von: instead of a bonsai one if we're not careful. :?

hmm... that's a tricky one.
Bah! That´s totally disgusting, man...how can you think so??? :x