São Paulo june 4th (Special Gig)

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
Being645
Above the Chemist

:lol:

Ah, fine ... thanks ... ;D
Guedzilla
Amphetamine Filth
Location: At the place where the bars never close (not that soon, at least)

Thanks Eva, I was really feeling I had missed something...

Next time let's have a HL photo or something!
Introducing....Gothzilla?!?
Prescott
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Sounds like a bunch of stuffy A+R types
(I can dream, can't I?)

:)
"... because we're that kind of people."
lachert
Overbomber

Eva wrote:
Being645 wrote: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - unless the Mexican concert should be taking place at another date ... :D :: :?:
Rumour has it there's nothing planned for the forseeable future. 8)
not good then for all mexican folks out there waiting for them :?

long live rock'n'roll
Being645
Above the Chemist

Well, so far ... rumour is still - rumour ... :wink:
Official Site wrote:2009 June 10: Mexico City, Mexico: postponed: government swine flu clampdown
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

@Being645Don't get me wrong: As far as I've understood they will happily go back for gigs, as they've apparently very much enjoyed their previous shows there. It's just that at the moment there are no plans regarding the WHEN. And, as the tour is over now, I understood the message as "not this year", but of course I might have misunderstood. Reading between the lines has never been a particular skill of mine. :wink:
You can't fix stupid.
Being645
Above the Chemist

@ Eva ... :), oh, I understood it just the way you explain it here ...
apart from the fact, perhaps, that I didn't read "postponed" as postponed to next year - or even 2011 :eek:

On the other hand, we know that these are the terms that are commonly dealt with as to gigs ... :wink:

And even if Mexican organisers were able to arrange for another gig this year,
revenues might still not cover the costs ... insofar you might be quite right with your prognosis ... :)
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

And I would be happy for the Mexicans, if they got their gig this year. Mind you, if it was really later (as opposed to within the next 3 months) this year, I might even be able to scratch the money and holidays together and treat myself to another trip. Mexico is fantastic, too.... :wink: *sigh* Back to counting peas again, oh well...
You can't fix stupid.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Lucky you ... :D ... I'm still glad I were able to scratch the money together to see them play
where I live ... ;D - which might as well be the case for some Mexican fans ... insofar I do,
of course, hope only for the best for them ... :roll:

In 2007 and 2008 I couldn't see them, either, since although they played in this
or a neighbouring country, it was in places still too far away for my extremely limited resources ... :cry: :cry: :cry:

8) :: :evil: ... Anyway, I survived it somehow ... :evil: :: 8) :: :evil:

... and though I'm clearly not able to fly to Mexico, perhaps I can manage to see them play a festival in Europe ... ;D :: :lol:
lachert
Overbomber

first video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btu8gK181lQ
sound is out of synchro but for me it looks that guys recorded whole set from tripod. hope it will surface someday 8)
long live rock'n'roll
copper
Amphetamine Filth

That's from the venue's personal archives, as they have the habit of filming the bands and publishing singular songs as showreels.

It's more about promoting the venue than championing the band, which is why I doubt the full recording will ever surface.